Note to New Members ×

North American mountain with most hardbooters?

BlueB

CYPRESS:

Resident:

CarvingScooby

Dave*

Pierre

BlueB

xy9ine

Cousin of Beagle

Speedtrials

Jeff

Iceman

Technical.Experience

Ocassional:

Ruwi

Tenorman

Crucible

Tangaloor

Ellia

Lesnowman

In training:

Jessica

Scott

Sarita

tele-bum

By association only:

mr roboteye

Sorry if I missed someone...

How many at your mountain?

Alpine is dying out at Stratton. You used to have 10 or more regulars every weekend, but that is no down to maybe 4. Some days I am the only one out there.

You occasionally get a couple of drop ins, but that is relatively rare. Some have moved away, some are not riding or riding much less because of other commitments, some just got sick of the whole alpine community (IE Bomberonline crew) and some just got :(bored with alpine and went back to skiing. I am even spending more time on skis as alpine has lost its luster (plus I could never really get it).

The SMS racers are all about the gates, but when not training they are on softies and in the park or woods. No real interest in the alpine carving thing.

Wish it was a different story, or maybe it is time to move on.:(

We've had 5-6 hardbooters at once at our dinky Mid-Atlantic resort (Whitetail) and many more at RoundTop in the past...so I think our hardbooting community is a lot better than our places to do it! :)

I think we're beginning to "make a dent" at Whitetail...as I've seen a few new guys just starting out, and I'm getting asked about my gear more often by people who seem to have that "Aha!" moment when I tell them about it...as well as a couple guys who've said they want to get into riding plates.

Scott

Alpine is dying out at Stratton. You used to have 10 or more regulars every weekend, but that is no down to maybe 4. Some days I am the only one out there.

You occasionally get a couple of drop ins, but that is relatively rare. Some have moved away, some are not riding or riding much less because of other commitments, some just got sick of the whole alpine community (IE Bomberonline crew) and some just got :(bored with alpine and went back to skiing. I am even spending more time on skis as alpine has lost its luster (plus I could never really get it).

The SMS racers are all about the gates, but when not training they are on softies and in the park or woods. No real interest in the alpine carving thing.

Wish it was a different story, or maybe it is time to move on.:(

wow...I'm hoping that's sarcasm, 'cause if you "didn't get" alpine I have no chance of it...ever. My absence this year, as I suspect is the case with many others, has everything to do with the economy and nothing to do with a decrease in my desire to rip turns.

Seraph,

Our regular LCI count won't win this.

Primary regulars:

Inkaholic

Concussed

KarverKai

D.T.

Shelly

Big Mario

PCDenver

Monodude

AccidentalChef

Arneburner

Snowboardsfast

LiveLoveRide

Frequent visitors:

Miss Kate

Tony

Bola

Oldacura

Seraph

Biggerwrangler

Barefootskier

Steve

John C.

Ex racer dude

Occasional visitors:

Fairbanks

Angie

ThorVonRippington

Snowman

Iceman

Kimo

Bob

Geoff

JustK

WPcarver

LCI, add to this list if you think of more. I gotta work. :(

Ink

LCI, add to this list if you think of more. I gotta work. :(

Then quit posting and get back to work!:smashfrea

Add Snowboardsfast to the regular list.

Add WPCarver and justk to the occasional list.

Change iceman to ice.

Bola, who's that? Is he that one guy that used to come up and ride with us fairly regularly? :confused:

:D

Then quit posting and get back to work!:smashfrea

Add Snowboardsfast to the regular list.

Add WPCarver and justk to the occasional list.

Change iceman to ice.

Bola, who's that? Is he that one guy that used to come up and ride with us fairly regularly? :confused:

:D

Changes made. Bola - this is why he is in the frequent visitor category

Perhaps the question should be

" Hill with the most hardbooters per acre of ski hill"

If that is the case Whistler is bottom rung, Cypress is doing pretty well for a west coast hill ( largely due to BlueB who should really be working as an army recruiter LOL)

Now Cypress literally goes off the charts when the Canadian National Team comes to train in the spring time.

Would like to see the HBer/acre ratio east vs west.

Cypress is doing pretty well for a west coast hill ( largely due to BlueB who should really be working as an army recruiter LOL)

Well, you and Roy work pretty hard as recruiters, too ;)

Yup, we have come long way from 2005 when Tangaloor, Tibor (now at Kelowna), Pierre and I, found each other on the slopes... Our list is long now, yet, we don't have huge numbers at the same time on the hill, somehow.

We really need to get Lesnowman to coach us a bit on Tuesday nights, when he's not travelling around with Canadian Team.

I am the only guy I have EVER seen in hardboots at Mohawk Mt.

Unless you count the days when they first started to rent snowboards at Mohawk. I think they had 2-5 Hooger Booger's, the only boards they had to rent, the boards I learned on...

So probably the most hardbooters ever at Mohawk would be 5.

Alpine is dying out at Stratton..........

........ are not riding or riding much less because of other commitments,

......some just got sick of the whole alpine community (IE Bomberonline crew) .......and some just got :(bored with alpine and went back to skiing.

.........I am even spending more time on skis as alpine has lost its luster

...........(plus I could never really get it).

............. No real interest in the alpine carving thing.

..............or maybe it is time to move on.:(

FAIL. Some of the weakest reasons ever to not alpine. Especially number 2 about the bomber crew. :nono:

I don't know you, but you sound ...... well never mind. Carvers are bringing the stoke and this post doesn't.