Note to New Members ×

question about buying first boots

Call me jack

My feet measure between 25.5 and 26. I wear moderate thickness merino wool socks (I like the medium thickness merino because it doesn't slide around in the liner, my wife made the same observation independently about here socks/liners too)

I am very comfy in a size 25 shell except my heel has a bit more room than I would prefer... next time I might go with a 24, which would likely require minor modification of the toe area but well within the realm of an average bootfitter's expertise.

definitely don't go up to the next size. I was really skeptical when I bought my boots, and was afraid they wouldn't fit but they actually fit quite nicely. (I have 26.7 and 26.8 feet and was contemplating going for mp 27s, ended up with the 26s). Also keep in mind that many riders that I have talked to actually go down another size -meaning if I were to do this, I would be riding an mp 25.

IMO, my 26's fit fine and 25's would be too tight, but I've seen many people go down a size from what the suggested size is, and almost none that have gone up(and been happy with it)

it's easy to make a boot bigger and a bitch to make them smaller

+1

I have the same question-I measure 27.96-Will the 27's be to tight or will they pack out. Currently I have older 28's-had some heel lift which I corrected. I am leaning toward 27's ?????

how did you accurately measure your foot down to .6 mm's? seems a little too precise to me, but hey. I would recommend a 27 to you, but you are quite close to a 28, so ask yourself how you like the comfort of what you are currently riding

You should have asked to try on someone's boots at MES today. I know some people would have had 26 shells. When you first get your boots, they should be a tight fit with thin socks, then as the liners pack in, you can wear thicker socks.

Unless your feet are broad or unusual, I think you'll end up with 25 shells for the best fit.

I have some some 25.5/26.0 burton furness for sale. I'm in Lakeville, so you could try first.

BobD

Jack: I have a pair of Burton Fire marked 25.6-26 on the lower shell. They have Intuition Liners and are intec compatible. You can have em for the rest of the season. No charge! Pease dont mould the liners. If you like them I'll sell them to you for 125.00 at the end of the season. If they dont fit well just give them back. Send me an email and we can hook up. Bob