Note to New Members ×

Question about the catek OS2 and "d3" up grade

Call me jack

I have the D3 elastomers set up on the baseplates of my two racing boards- a 164 Oxygen Proton and a 170 Oxygen Titanal Proton.

All of my 5 other OS2 baseplates on the rest of my quiver are rigged with the standard lime green OS2 elastomer rings.

Like others have said, the D3's make a big difference on ice, bumps, and chop. They provide enough give on my boards that I don't get thrown off balance when riding in these conditions.

Of course, the relative stiffness of your boot, binding and board might also be a factor.

YMMV.

George

I have both the stock and D3 elastomers. I really like the D3's and will always use them.

as for spacer plates, go with your board manufacturers recommendation. Going against their recommendation may void your warranty. I have seen several other threads where the OS2 was sited as one of the worst bindings for breaking boards. That being said, I know that I have ridden my Donek Metal quite aggressively with Catek OS2's and D3's with no problem so far (knock on wood).

If you are concerned though, why not use a "plex plate."

If you are concerned though, why not use a "plex plate."

Plex plate, I'll have to research that one ;)...........................and I am totally confused. Materials, forces, shapes................. I will stick withnthe hand made polyethilene plates I have and see how the board does. I did not have any problems last year with just the D3 elastomeres.