Note to New Members ×

Red Bling

RDY_2_Carve

So can we thank the Deeluxe 700T's red buckles for the red bling on the new TD3's?

Personally I can't stand the red, but to each his own. :AR15firin

Are the TD3's going to be offered in other colors? How bout a standard stainless look like the TD2? :1luvu:

What about the steel receiver kit? Can we get this w/o getting the red bling on it? I'm thinking it's going to look silly on my TD2's, and the red TD3's are going to clash too much on my orange flamed Coiler...

Going to put my flame suit on now. :flamethro

What a woman. I have purple and lime green bindings on my orange Coiler. They go away when you're riding when your whole board goes stealth.

But really, just as Catek does the custom anodization with OS2s, it would be cool to have that option on the TD3, but it's not like it will be cheap. You could always send the bindings out to a anodizing house if it kills you to the see colors, might be $50-75.

I think we've gotten somewhat spoiled by being able to get different snowboard topsheets. Prior, Donek, and Coiler all offer various topsheet options and colors for each model of their boards, and some folks even design their own custom topsheets. It seems like we used to get no choice for graphics or colors on a particular model.

I got a set of Burton raceplates that had the lime green baseplates. I didn't like the way they looked, so I painted the baseplates black. My Burton boots are translucent blue with white cuffs, and I think they're ugly, but I got them for function and price and they still work.

We still don't have much choice in boot colors. If you want new Track 700T boots, then you get white and red.

I think the red bits on the TD3's look fine, and I'd bet that a big reason for the red parts is to further distinguish it from the TD2. The red doesn't go particularly well with the other color e-rings, though.

The TD3's and 700T boots would look good on this:

post-5572-141842271031_thumb.jpg

Personally I can't stand the red, but to each his own. :AR15firin

hi RDY_2_CARVE

i guess you won't like my old (1997 if i recall correctly) bombers either. they were also red but instead of a stainless baseplate with red bail blocks like my current td3s they were red baseplates with stainless bail blocks. too bad the parts aren't interchangeable then i could have an all red pair and an all stainless pair lol.

If any of you guys don't like the color of your new TD3's just go to your friendly local anodizer and have them unanodized and re-anodized your favorite color. Pretty easy. It'll cost you a few bucks, but you'll have the only pair of cotton candy pink TD3's out there right?

later,

Dave R.

I do love the full out chrome on my TD2s. When they're on my coiler, its like its winking at you from a distance :)

You had your bindings chromed?

Is anodizing more expensive than chroming? Is it durable?

edit...did a quick search and apparently anodizing is for aluminum only. Are bombers aluminum?

apparently anodizing can be done at home!

check this out:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/anodize.shtml