Note to New Members ×

Foot measurement compared to Deeluxe size.

trailertrash

So true that was been my experience as well. I've found that quite a few shops have the oven box to heat thermos. Paying a professional bootfitter to get you dailed in correctly is money well spent.

Anyone know of any bootfitters in the eastern/central PA area? just got my new deeluxe indys in the mail today and need to get them molded to my feet before this snow melts!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i first measured 26 and bought 26. as soon as the guy @ the ski shop stuck the rod behind my heel he said they were too big. i wore them anyway. lot of heel lift but usable. this year i bought 25, after the first day i was wearing them buckled all the way, with the catches as tight as possible. then i drilled the buckles and made them tighter. now there great but as the liners crush they will get loose.

Enzo,

I used Track 770T last year mondo 26 and my foot is 26.5, I had seen a bootfitter and used a lot of paddings but still have heel lift. I sell them and went for HSP 25.5 . With the HSP I feel my feet more "wrapped"

With the Deeluxe, I was able to put my boots in my car with the HSP I have to get inside to put them.

So, either I'm doing something wrong, or I'm the anomoly(sp) here.

Has anyone called you by the name "Fred Flintstone"? You're probably not doing anything wrong... it's all about foot shape and boot last. It was noted above by corey_dyck that toes and toe box shape contribute to fit.

If you have a rather square shaped foot (like FF), then it's time to use a bootfitter that can open up the toe box of the shell to accomodate your foot.

• 2 months later...

My foot measures about 278mm. In a 295mm shell SB224, with a 27 thermoflex properly fitted (toe caps during molding), molded footbed, and thinnest socks I can find, my toes hurt and feel like they are unsually "pushed" together. I can't make through the day in these boots. I have even tried shell stretching but no joy. I am looking to replace the boots.

I just tried putting some unmolded 28 thermoflex into a 303cm (28) SB shell, and it still feels tight. I know they pack out, but I will actually lose a bit of room with a footbed due to the location of my heel and frontal thickness.

Thing is, my feet do not have large volume and I wear normal width shoes. I have to use footbeds to properly fit into ice skates and some shoes due to low-volume.

Thanks for Mike T & YYZCanuck,

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9739

I see that the 700 shells are larger than SB. Given all the above, I am actually thinking about going to a SB in size 29. Am I crazy? I know most will recommend that I go to a 28, but perhaps it won't be enough for comfort.

Question: Where exactly does the Swizzle Stick™ go to make the go/no go measurement? With my foot in the boot without liner, I can barely see the plastic foot base (piece that comes off). Clearly, there is more room as I go up on the heel, but am I looking for the smallest distance somewhere along the way?

Thanks for any input.

I see that the 700 shells are larger than SB.

That is the outside dimension (for ISO purposes), not the internal (for fit purposes).

Go try on some boots from another manufacturer... see if they fit your feet better. If your foot is shaped like Fred Flintstone (square!) then maybe the last of DeeLuxe isn't your best choice.

Re: Swizzle Stick™

Check at the deepest area of the shell's heel pocket. You'll need to have your foot raised off the footbase of the shell (similar to how your foot would be placed in the shell if the liner were present). Maybe go see a boot fitter, take your current shells, a handful of cash and your best smile 'cause fitting your boots online can't be done.

Thanks guys.

I think my foot is more shaped like Donald Duck--fairly narrow in the rear and wider in the toe section.

I commented on the on the 700 vs. SB because I read in several posts that when compared to the SBs, 700s are more "roomy" in the same size. I assumed it was because of the longer shell internals corresponding to the external length.

Having just read about installing BTS on HSPs, I will give them another look. (Edit: Bomber is out of M28s!, ugh!).

Were I to go with a 29, I Just don't want to be swimming in it. I heed the point about going to a boot fitter. As my next trip to a resort is indeterminate and money is burning a hole in my pocket to buy (trying to help stimulate the economy), I'm tempted to buy two different sizes and return the one I won't use...

I am now considering the 700, having read that it has a larger toe box area. Perhaps a 28M would be just right with the 700. I am concerned about shaving a thermoflex liner and how that might affect integrity and future re-molding.

Coming from a SB224, and knowing that 700T is supposed to be stiffer (but research seems to suggest that the current 700T is actually softer in flex than the 325T), I am wondering if the 700T can be as good of an all-mountain/freecarve boot as the SB224? I'd much appreciate some input on this.

I am also curious about the asymmetrical flex offered by the 700T. Is it "all that"? I fail to see how asymmetrical can result in a more stiff "feel", as it is written on Bomber's FAQ.

Thanks for any information.

Can you point me to where you read that? I don't believe it to be true.

It is my perception that the AF shells have a bigger toe box than the SB shells... having had issues with Sb shells in size 25 and not SB shells in size 25 with scrunched toes. My perception is that there is more height inside there - maybe not much but enough to make a difference. Could be wrong of course.

Can you point me to where you read that? I don't believe it to be true.

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=157945&postcount=13

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=218337&postcount=20

These two posts have are from threads that made mentions. I remember seeing references in a few more places. I will look more when I have time.

That's plenty of searching... thanks.

I think I'll take some boots and cut them into slices & segments this summer in order to put this to rest.

I too had AF600s and have several SB325, The Asymetrics are waaaayyyy wider and higher overall than the symetric boots. Wide forefoot - get a good bootfitter to get you into the 325 (will need some dremeling) or take a asymetric one without probs. However with low arch asymetric boots might not be for you (I maxed out on the 2. ratchet) so I have to go for symetric line and blow out the toebox to get nicely fitting Raichles. Asymetric boots = heellift for my low arch, snug heel, but wide forefoot feet.

I am now considering the 700, having read that it has a larger toe box area. Perhaps a 28M would be just right with the 700. I am concerned about shaving a thermoflex liner and how that might affect integrity and future re-molding.

I am also curious about the asymmetrical flex offered by the 700T. Is it "all that"? I fail to see how asymmetrical can result in a more stiff "feel", as it is written on Bomber's FAQ.

You're definately right about the toe section. I have a wider than normal toe section and the 700t fit just right in the toes and the length of the foot. I have skinny calves so I'm finding that I need to lock the buckles all the way despite moving the buckles back from the factory position.

I like the asym flex as my knees don't hurt as much as my old boots (I just recently upgraded to the 700t's). Since they don't hurt as much I might be able to get my binding angles a little higher without knee pain. That is just my opinion, I'm sure other people don't like the asym shell.

Thank you for your affirmations. I can't wait to try the 700T in M28. The 224 in M27 was just WAY too tight in the toe area no matter what I did.

With the larger toe area, I'm wondering if a M27 in 700T would actually be better.

I have now also read more than one posts that the AF/700Ts are not "small calf" friendly. I don't have huge calfs. I hope they won't be a problem.

Thank you for your affirmations. I can't wait to try the 700T in M28. The 224 in M27 was just WAY too tight in the toe area no matter what I did.

With the larger toe area, I'm wondering if a M27 in 700T would actually be better.

Have you seen a boot fitter? If you're going up a size then I'm worried that it might be too big length wise so you'll still have fitting problems. I had 28MP sized boots. It was fine but as my technique got better my foot started cramping more. Thats why I went down a size.

I know I have a wide foot because my toes would always hurt and go partially numb in my hockey boots as they were getting cramped.

Have you seen a boot fitter? If you're going up a size then I'm worried that it might be too big length wise so you'll still have fitting problems. I had 28MP sized boots. It was fine but as my technique got better my foot started cramping more. Thats why I went down a size.

With my M27 224s, I've seen a couple boot fitters, have tried stretching/punching the shell, remolding the thermoflex w/ extra toe caps, use supportive footbeds, lift under the footbed, patiently waiting for it to pack out, and more. My toes are still crushed.

A pair of unmolded thermoflex inside a M28 123 still felt tight, hence the move to the 700T. I'm just hoping the M28 700T won't be TOO big. I can make up for a bit by using the thick Sole footbed. What is the exact measurement of your larger foot?

Thanks.

• 2 years later...