Note to New Members ×

Virus “La Glisse” & Catek FR2 Pro EVO… AND...

Ray

Ok, just in time before leaving for Aspen Friday my "La Glisse" received her set of Cateks FR2’s today… Amazing bindings indeed :eek:

I took a few memory shots :rolleyes: before this beautiful setup will be put to use and get's all beaten up… Can't wait until the first skier parks his skies on the tail :angryfire

Anyway, here a few pics...

eb7k7d.jpg

1z5puuq.jpg

2u72h3q.jpg

:D

Yea... and my “Cyborg” Evolution (w/ Catek OS2’s) also made it in time and is now ready for some major shred-time… comparing the flex

between the Cyborg Evo and my Titanal, I sure will be very much entertained between the two... Both are so sexy… :1luvu: :1luvu: :1luvu:

25rc7l3.jpg

34o3e48.jpg

2r6cwzs.jpg

35lrz46.jpg

:lurk:

Beautiful Ray! And looking forward to seeing the two of you too!

The snow has been stellar! Great soft snow over Christmas, finally firm enough to carve around Jan 3rd.

I'm off Sat and Sun now, so we'll have to connect for a few early mornings in town.

Looking forward to seeing you both, and your new arsenal!

Beautiful Ray! And looking forward to seeing the two of you too!

The snow has been stellar! Great soft snow over Christmas, finally firm enough to carve around Jan 3rd.

I'm off Sat and Sun now, so we'll have to connect for a few early mornings in town.

Looking forward to seeing you both, and your new arsenal!

Todd! Good to hear from you! We literally just now made it to Aspen. Now it's playtime :D Call me!

Ray,

Those are nasty. Ahh, the Cyborg...

Question: what is the silver bulbous thing your boards are leaning against in the photos? Your spaceship?

Colin

Colin! How are you buddy? Hope to see ya in Aspen!

Haha, spaceship… but you are right, looks really indescribable in the pics… It’s actually a really large kind of sculpture in the hallway of the building we live in. It looks totally cool and was perfect to lean the boards against for the pics…

Cheers!

Wow, what a beast :lol:

The Evo is about 25% stiffer (what I wanted) than my Titanal and is so darn stable at high speeds, unreal :eek:

I need to give it some more days of hard riding to let all the materials settle in before the board achieves its final flex pattern, but I know, it will be one nasty beast!!! Needless to say, so far I am more than happy :D

Ray,

I knew it - that silver thing WAS your spaceship and this guy is your pilot!

2h4c6s1.jpg

Good to hear you are breaking in the new Evo. Sick.

I'm going to try to slip out to Aspen, but I have a wedding/honeymoon to plan/coming up!!!! Not sure if Tara will let me come out (and inevitably come back with another virus (or two)).

Meanwhile, it's in the 60 degree range here in San Fran. Ugh...

Colin

So, have to say, this is the first board I have to push much harder as any other I have ever ridden or broken in :o But, I feel how it is getting better and better, meaner and meaner… I now have 3 really full days on it and I expect another 3 full days until finally this new construction will develop its final flex and behavior.

Conditions in Aspen are hard and fast. The mornings now are ultra firm and extremely fast.

I will head out to Buttermilk tomorrow AM and ride Tiehack all day until I’ am toast :smashfrea

The first day riding it I thought I lost all my abilities to dominate a demanding board. The second day I had a few really good moments, yesterday finally some runs the way I expect them to be...

Today I really needed a break and rode my Cyborg Titanal. Geez, what a ride in comparison to the Evo. Don’t get me wrong, the Titanal is a fantastic board. Really easy to push hard, smooth, damp and does all I want it to do, but that’s exactly it, I can feel that the Evo will have much more in it! When ready! So the ride continues…

Funny, feeling like a Cowboy breaking in a wild Mustang :boxing_sm

Ray, this sounds like the start of my season with my "Ute" (Undertaker Evolution): After the first two days riding it, I thought: Ok, I opened my mouth way too much, This is the limit, I will never ride this on a narrow run, only the big, wide glacier runs are ok with that. The speed and the big radius, just scary.

After in total of 5 to 6 days of riding, this turned into: Ok, I can ride this baby almost anywhere: push into small carves when you need it, or just let it go for speeeeeed :eplus2:

Glad, that you have fun with your toy, I'll meet you in Aspen :cool:

Cheers Max