Note to New Members ×

Mes '09

trent

The MES

It’s time again for us to get together and play as a group. New things this year! New hill –y’all know why. New logo – because we didn’t have one. New swag – because we’ve got a logo, and you can never have enough t-shirts.

Being that our hills are small, and limited on space, we’re going to do this on a weekday. That’ll mean more corduroy for us!

When: Wednesday, Jan. 21st, 2009

Where: Afton Alps www.aftonalps.com

Time: 9:30am - ?

Cost: $27 for an all day ticket, plus any food or beverages.

Who: Anyone you know who likes to dig trenches.

Swag – We’re getting t-shirts and hoodies! The logo you see below will be on said swag.

t-shirt: $12

long-sleeved t: $15

hoody: $26

If you want one (or 2), I need money in advance. Paypal me with your order. If you don’t do paypal, email me with your order, and send a check. I need money by Wed. Jan 7th.

We will schedule a few meeting spots and times to regroup with lost riders and take some group rides. Let’s start with meeting at 10 by chairlift 2 off the “Alps” Chalet and take some runs down the front hills while waiting for some late sleepers. Same chair again at 2 pm to regroup with anyone lost.

Pass this on to anyone you think would be interested!

-trent

post-495-141842268063_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"snowboarders banned at Welch"

Interestingly, the lines of comunication at Welch seem to be improving. I talked with them on Monday or Tuesday and believe it or not even though we have taken a step backwards with a complaint, it seemed like we have made some headway. I explained how some of us have been feeling and how we have not been treated the best while there. I felt like I was being heard. I was told that one complainer and/or ski patrol should not wreck it for many. If we can all stay on our best behavior, if you venture down that way, it will only speak to our commitment to the sport. I was asked if we have had any issues at other ski areas and when I replied no, just the opposite, I think it hit home. I definately don't think we're completely out of the woods, but I think they are making an effort on our behalf. Only time will tell.

As it stands now, I won't have enough vacation time to cover the whole day off, so perhaps I'll have to limit my participation to the afternoon.

But I'm going to gamble a bit and head into work tomorrow (during our unofficial office shutdown) to get some extra work done. I'll cross my fingers that they'll let me keep the vacation time I otherwise would have used, so I can apply it to MES instead...

I hope.

please keep this related to the MES, and not to the issue at welch. i'll update anyone who wants to know, either on the chair, or privately offline. those of us involved have spent a lot of time and energy, and every time this issue gets brought up, it puts me in a bad mood. this thread is about good vibes, good riding, and good friends.

thanks

-trent

please keep this related to the MES, and not to the issue at welch. i'll update anyone who wants to know, either on the chair, or privately offline. those of us involved have spent a lot of time and energy, and every time this issue gets brought up, it puts me in a bad mood. this thread is about good vibes, good riding, and good friends.

thanks

-trent

Sorry Trent, I'll say no more.

BobD

only a few more days to get your shirts ordered. you can either email me with your order (size, style, quantity) and i'll send an invoice through paypal, or paypal the funds to me with your order.

in case you don't have my email, it's trent_j2 at hotmail dot com. the same email is what to use for paypal.

-trent

johnstewart - afton is about the same size as welch. a little less steep on a few runs, but lots of variety and terrain. hope you guys are able to make the trip this year.

I managed to weasle out of work. I think I can get Big Jim out on the slopes for the MES this year too, just let him go first. Scuff, I can write you and Mrs. Scuff dental ecuse slips if that'll help get you there.

Trent, hi guy, any chance of doing a shirt or hoodie color other than black?

Scuff, I can write you and Mrs. Scuff dental excuse slips if that'll help get you there.

Ha ha - Thanks much for the offer Mr. T! You know we would totally be there, but have already made travel plans outside of MN.

Can I get a excuse slip for next year?

custom colors and titanal upgrades will be available next year, hopefully. we're working with a site at the mall of america, and hope to have the store open for next season. most of our market research has shown that the main colors from my mittens will be the hot item next year (except for the black and white). this year, we all get whatever dee sniders designer thinks will look best. sing "we're not going to take it... no! we're not going to take it!". thanks "house of hair" guy!

i'm guessing someone will help by posting pictures shortly. :cool:

-trent

went out and rode afton from 10:30 until 4 today. it was pretty sweet!

yes, it was cold. yes it was very windy. and yes, they were making snow. everywhere.

but the snow was excellent, the sun was out, grooming was mostly good, and there was nobody there! at times, doug and i were the only people on the hill. there was no sign of the ice that was lurking beneath the surface on sunday. if you were dressed right, and took appropriate breaks, it was a great day to ride.

looking forward to riding with everyone next week! :biggthump

-trent