Note to New Members ×

TD 2 Snivel

Radial

Last night was the best of my ten days so far. Soft snow, no crowd, good light which has been rare over the last two weeks in the NW. We have had a ton of mostly wet sticky snow and I am usually very careful about making sure my binding is clicked in at the top of the run.

I obviously thought I was clicked in and made a couple of turns down to the top of a big face. I always try to start with a heelside, fine, and then as I was really reving up into the toeside my back foot popped out, I swung around and had a pretty tough fall. My knee hurt last night but thankfully seems ok this morning.

I guess there is no point to this story other than to be careful out there.

Radial,

Just wondering why it is a TD2 snivel. I have had my heel pop out on my TD2's, but I would put it on my own lack of reassuring I was fully engaged. Sometimes only one of the pins will engage and then release after a few turns. Particularly on those sticky snow days.

My release occurred in the type of snow you described so I ensured my heel was clean prior to putting it into the binding.

I'm glad you are ok after the fall, just be sure to have your heel fully engaged on those sticky snow days.

No doubt these can create some of the worst falls, and helmut abuse. I have since incorporated two things that have reduced de-booting to zero over the past two years. First was a good scraper style stomp pad, so as to clear the heal and not drop wet snow all over the binding, and second was a little dose of Bomber Butter (Silicone Grease) on the heel recievers so my Intec's slide in like butta.

As long as that knee didn't chime in with a pop you should be OK!

Take care now ya hear!

That **pop** of a knee really fkn sucks. I blew my mcl and pcl coming in sideways off a tabletop and just knew that sound meant a lot of hard work and pain as soon as I heard it go.

I'm glad that didn't happen to you!

Does anyone have any 'rituals' to ensure you're completely in with intecs? I've taken to hopping ~1foot vertically and stomping down before the run just to be sure..but, that might not be the best way...

That **pop** of a knee really fkn sucks. I blew my mcl and pcl coming in sideways off a tabletop and just knew that sound meant a lot of hard work and pain as soon as I heard it go.

I'm glad that didn't happen to you!

Does anyone have any 'rituals' to ensure you're completely in with intecs? I've taken to hopping ~1foot vertically and stomping down before the run just to be sure..but, that might not be the best way...

I allways stomp my back foot after clicking in on the go.

It's definitely the user's responsibility to ensure the pins are fully engaged. I look for pin engagement on the front binding - that's not very easy with the rear binding. After stepping in, I jump and then wiggle that knee from side to side quite hard. If both pins aren't engaged they'll certainly pop free with this.

I do this just as I'm starting down the run so it doesn't actually take any longer.

I agree, I look , however have not found a better pad. I buy them buy the dozen. They simply work! Allow me to get going FAST and SAFE.

I am looking forward to trying the TD3 Steel Fin-Tec receiver. Its snow cutter feature looks like a great enhancement for the snowier days! :biggthump

I understand that not everyone likes having a stomp pad on their snowboard. I feel it is a very important piece of equipment. When I end up riding without my "Dakine Spike" I really miss it and it slows me down on snowy days.