Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Lovey is posting possible 4-8" on Thursday. That would make conditions very carvalicious on Sunday. This will be the last Bomber demo day of the season so come out to join the LCI and all the shenanigans.

Ink

IMG_3489.PNG

Edited by inkaholic
Added demo day comment
  • Like 5

Snow today was soft serve on frozen mashed potatoes. Might be good carving Sunday depending on temps Saturday & Saturday  night. Patrollers were aiding an injured boarder near the base of #8 about 10:30. Didn't look good. Didn't see anything in the news tonight. Looked like he may have hit a tree. 

5 hours ago, erazz said:

So since we snowboard we're safe, right? 

Some scary crap. What's scarier to me is that we're psychologically wired to attribute these types of misfortunes to the victim's stupidity, recklessness, clumsiness, skill deficit, amorality or anything else that makes us feel secure that a similar fate won't befall us because we see ourselves as smart, cautious, agile, skilled, upstanding, etc. It could happen to any of us at just about any time. Be careful out there...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lordmetroland said:

Some scary crap. What's scarier to me is that we're psychologically wired to attribute these types of misfortunes to the victim's stupidity, recklessness, clumsiness, skill deficit, amorality or anything else that makes us feel secure that a similar fate won't befall us because we see ourselves as smart, cautious, agile, skilled, upstanding, etc. It could happen to any of us at just about any time. Be careful out there...

That is the EXACT feeling I had after witnessing the aftermath: That could have been me. Often when we see something bad like this we try to convince ourselves why we're different and somehow immune from the situation. Not knowing how this happened left us feeling vulnerable. We dialed it back the rest of the day and gave the trees a wide berth. 

On a happier note: How was the demo day yesterday?

that could have been me at least twice, but I had a lucky horseshoe up my ass on those days, thankfully.  The biggest take away from one of those near misses is to stay in the turn, ride it uphill until I stop. Trying to slide it or change directions will only hurt you.  6" of fresh that was mostly cut up by 10 am is not conducive to getting a good carve on. It was a fun day, but not a powder day, and not a groomer day, more or less the least of both worlds. I did get the new freecarve to plane out on some of the "deeper" pitches(Richards early on, and twist a little later).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Mario

• Like 1

Saturday April 1

Foolishly good.

The biggest joke today was the forecast for yesterday and into last night, less than 2", I was good either way, though I really did want to get after the flamingo freecarve anyway.  Quick synopsis: Turns left, turns right, turns big, turns tight, set the edge and it'll bite:biggthump  that's all I got to say about that.

The odd one, the sheriff and myself did a fine job trenching up roulette, though some one should talk to ski patrol about practicing their sled training under a break over, not particularly smart iff'n you were to ask me. Ink and Kai were also on the hill,along with friends and family, searching for vestiges last nights elusive, massive, powder dump. As per normal, we went back to 1 as the kookfest ramped up, and where able to find big holes and run nonstop on Mambo. It always amazes me how deserted Richards and Mambo can get in the middle of the morning.  I guess everyone else is off cementing their legacy of awesomeness flailing down terrain way beyond their abilities.

Called it at noon, didn't want to burn up my legs too seriously on todays hall pass, tomorrow is shaping up to be a pretty fine day, see you then:ices_ange

mario

• Like 5

Yep, KarverKai and myself showing a couple kids from across the pond and a coworker some of what Lovey has to offer. Except very little in the way of wind. Good seeing the LCI boys for a quick minute. Tomorrow shall be a good one. 

Ink

fyi...if you have plum use it. KK and I were out gliding everyone everywhere during our mostly full mountain tour. 

Edited by inkaholic
Helping others
  • Like 2

almost there.....

But you wouldn't have known it by the quality of the snow, the mid to late march thaw has been replaced by winter, well at least everywhere but the lift one maze.

A rockin' good day today, with a nice compliment of riders. I love days like this, the energy gets rolling, we all start feeding off it, and boom, everybody is riding at the next level. The misfits today included the odd one, Ink, Karver Kai, whom was rocking dads old racing outfit,  Areneburner, Lance, James, Dennis, and myself. We also picked up all mountain hardbooter seldom seen john for a lap.  We defiled switchback for the last time today, the short bus is done until next December. It only took but a few runs to lay waste to it. Hitting my own trenches in parallel sucks, and kinda hurts, I need to watch out for that in the future. Finally feel like I have hit midseason form, and we are about done. Glad I am there, I just wish it hadn't taken so long.  Might not be up next week, I still have a day to burn on my classic pass.

Mario

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, monodude said:

Sorry to be missing out on all the fun. Nursing a knee issue. Seems to be improving, but, very slowly...

I heard a rumor about that, sorry to hear that, heal up fast my friend, season is getting short

mario