Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

That is correct

I'm going to totally miss watching the confusion and carnage caused by the mid-mountain loading/unloading, multiplied by the high proportion of beginners drawn to #2. It was like the Bermuda Triangle of ski lifts. That said, I will not miss sitting up there waiting out the cleanup of said carnage.

Yet another example in the mindless march to America's wussification. "Oh hey, maybe gently breathing warm air onto those slabs of snow will coax them down the avalanche chute without unnecessary harm or noise." If lobbing grenades and cannon fire was good enough for General George S. Patton, it should be good enough for CDOT.

Yet another example in the mindless march to America's wussification. "Oh hey, maybe gently breathing warm air onto those slabs of snow will coax them down the avalanche chute without unnecessary harm or noise." If lobbing grenades and cannon fire was good enough for General George S. Patton, it should be good enough for CDOT.

Whilst I agree that artillery, tanks, Bazookas, and grenade's were sufficient Ol' Blood and Guts Patton, your statement overlooks one thing: My needs.  Now I can sleep in for 5 more minutes on a powder day and not worry about not getting my breakfast in a timely fashion because "cdot has to blast before we can let you in the parking lot dude" and I wont have to worry about hanging my willy out in the cold wind if I have to pee. These are very important points that cannot, and should not be overlooked.

sounds like a win win to me

Surely you're not suggesting I consider the needs of your willy every time I express an opinion about CDOT's activities. This feels a bit extreme.

I do not know how to respond to this other than to say " well played sir, well played!!"

So, based on the video, I'm guessing that the "solar powered" part is a solar panel to recharge the batteries for the electronics (including the ignitor). Then it uses a combination of propane and compressed air to create a big concussive "boom" to set off an avalanche. Kind of like filling a house with natural gas. Setting it off levels the house. The howitzer they used in past years was probably smaller, higher velocity charges. 

• 2 weeks later...

they are firing the guns tonight!

Jonesin real bad too...

188 skinny aloha monster shipping in a week, 183 f2 heading this way as well.  Shaking with anticipation

bouncing off the walls as well

Edited by big mario

• 3 weeks later...

To kick off last years Monopalooza I rented a small ski area in Wyoming for $3 grand. As soon as I had the particulars nailed down I contacted Warren Miller Entertainment. They filmed our White Pine day and filmed us @ Jackson/Targhee/Jackson. We have a big segment in this years movie and, as you've seen, the Magazine as well. W/M/E

owns the mag as well.

Don

WooHoo! Loveland opens Thursday!

I expect that Mario & Don will on the first chair. Make sure you bring your powder boards!

I wish! the reality is that I actually do a rather  impressive imitation of a responsible adult Monday through Friday 

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1