Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Okay, so they won. More importantly, the winds have subsided, the sun returned, temps where closer to 0 centigrade than 0 or below Fahrenheit. There where no snow squalls limiting visibility to less than 10 yards. And it was relatively uncrowded. It was good. My teeth are once again sunburned. Joining in todays festivities', in order of appearance at the Wedge: Myself, Arneburner, JohnE, The Dude and some random socal monoskier, Oddjob, and DustyBottle. We where later joined on the hill by Everette, and Snowboards fast. I called an audible at the Lovey convergence of the universe, skipping reload and going right to 6. Unfortunately, Arne was the only one who heard me, leading to a day of riding in ever smaller groups. After a recon run/ sampling of what 2/6 had to offer, and due to inconsistent and narrow grooming, it was decided that we would return to 1, but not all got the message. I spent 2 hours with OddJob trying to break him of his bad static habits, as well as his back, while everyone else kind of went off and did their own thing. Along the way I had 3 confrontations, one with a bone head skinning up drifter, another with a guy who popped out of the woods on Richards in front of me without looking uphill, and another with some random guy who some how mistook me for another 5'-10" 250 lb hardbooter in a neon green jacket that he saw commit some egregious offence earlier in the day. Saw his riding buddy later, whom had taken the time to explain to him what had transpired, to which the numbnuts that I had almost struck down with some serious vengeance replied "oh, must have been someone else" In the end, a most excellent day was had by all. Checking the weather for next weekend

mario

Edited by big mario

Just heard about LCI. Saturday I was riding with my GF (skier) at Holiday Valley, in western NY, when we noticed two hardbooters skating to the lift - a rare sight in these parts. A guy - don't know if I can use actual names here - riding Prior PGS, and a girl, on a Donek Rev slalom board, were up for the day. Naturally we had to meet them. Both are absolutely great riders - - - he was finding bits of snow on the edges and ripping off big GS turns where he could, and she was weaving effortlessly through the heavy holiday traffic. We did a few runs, then hit the NASTAR course for a couple of turns. I found out NoirX252, once one of us, now rides with you guys. Small world.

How can I become an LCI member, Western NY division?

I think that was likely Kevin (Ice) from Silverthorne, Co. Most of us are in awe of his riding ability. The woman was likely his S.O. (she is from the east coast). Kevin lives only 13 minutes from Loveland and gets in close to 100 days/year.

When I grow up, I want to ride like Kevin.

I think that was likely Kevin (Ice) from Silverthorne, Co. Most of us are in awe of his riding ability. The woman was likely his S.O. (she is from the east coast). Kevin lives only 13 minutes from Loveland and gets in close to 100 days/year.

When I grow up, I want to ride like Kevin.

===================================================

Yeah, it was Kevin, and Hillary. Both spectacular riders, and great fun to ride with. "Ice" said it was icy that day. I should have mentioned that east coasters call that 'hero ice'.

I want to ride like Kevin, too, but I'm almost grown up and running out of time. At this point, I'll settle for a weekend at Loveland.

Our SES plans 'got changed' today :( Now thinking of possibly riding Loveland on Friday (1-31-14), any of the LCI hulligans planning on riding that day :confused:

Good chance I'll ride Friday. Between tonight and Fri night 1-2 FEET coming. Possible break Fri morning.

Don

Feed the addiction...