Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

What an great end to an excellent season, other than that little mishap in the park. I any of you see me heading for a feature in the future, knock me over and don't let me do it, thogh I may any way.Thanks to all that rode and tipped a beer back with us, already looking foward to next season, that is, after I heal up a bit

mario

Sorry that I didn't credit the rider. I can't do everything! Well, ok, I can. My apologies to Kevin! I just figured Kevin is so uber popular, that EVERYONE would know who it was! :1luvu:

Sorry Mr Mario for bumping you! Fin makes me change the photos every once in a while, and since that photo had all the SES info, I had to remove it. If someone has another awesome pic of the big man, please send it to me and I promise to put it up. AND credit everyone!

No worries Michelle, it was an honor to grace the home page as long as I did. Ace took a bunch of amazing pics that day at lovey, any one of which would not be out of place on the home page. I just happened to be on my game that day. John, that was shot on roulette, which was awesome even though it wasn't groomed. Here is a link to the thread with some of the pics and a video:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?34336-Brilliant-short-video-of-some-Loveland-carving&p=350053#post350053

Edited by big mario

Got in a quick ride at the big green mound today, and in my less rotund shape it was a relative breeze. Planning on another tomorrow night, and one on thursday. P will be in Boston next weekend, so planning on rides both days. Venues not determined yet, if any of you knuckleheads are interested let me know

I might be up for a mellow ride on Sat. Trying to nurse a sprain back health this week, so I don't want to push it and re-injure myself.

I will let you know, blew the rebound on my rear shock last night, thing makes a lot of ugly noise and kicks like a mule right now

mario

Don't wheel drop a curb with your flat barred road bike after having a couple(3) of >9% beers after your morning moutainbike ride.

You may end up on your a$$ in the middle of the street

words of wisdom to live by,

mario

• 2 weeks later...

Been out twice so far between driving on the wrong side of the road, deep sea fishing, where I caught 30 lb wahoo, dr

inking too much rum, and basically being a bum. Caught a wave on my own yesterday, and manageged to stack as soon as I stood up, got to far foward and managed to stuff the nose and pitchpole. The instructor and i where chatting after that, and I quote" maybe someday I can come to your mountain and be the kook" it was awesome. Heading out again on monday for one last session before I leave on Tuesday

Mario:biggthump

Mario...love your Barbadian Tale

Went there twice in the seventies to surf and maybe buy an interest in a very old house on the sea :) then I skied into a tree after returning home and spent the money on a leg rebuild...any way great waves at Bathsheba and more sea urchin spines in my feet from some south shore shallow reef breaks than any place else I had ever surfed...and the Rum :) Stoked you are there and enjoying your trip, would love to go back there someday...did I mention the Rum :)

Forewarning, in case anyone wants to meet up potentially for a ride.....I will be in Denver / Greenwood Village June 24-26th or so and may bring my mtn bike. I am a fairly new rigid singlespeed rider, so just getting into singlespeed shape. Been averaging rides of 6-10 miles with up to about 1300' of vert (@ ~400' above sea level) to give you some general fitness level info. Might look to do a nearby night ride or two and maybe take a day off to go exploring.

Link to my MTBR post.

A local ride of mine on Strava.

And I will not be offended if you do not want to ride with me due to our varying fitness levels, as I am the slow guy in my normal riding group of riders...

Edited by fishrising

Ben

if you have a double squishy id say bring that, or your geared bike, altitude can and will whip your buttocks. Our front range trails tend to go ftom 0 to 110 per in a few hundred yards, and I have seen a few uber athletes of less than manly stature such as yours (less than 200 lbs) really suffer on a single speed(, Ink, that would be Mike Drummond) and our trails tend to be fairly steep and rocky. Pm me and I will be in touch in a few days when I get back in the states

mario

Been out twice so far between driving on the wrong side of the road, deep sea fishing, where I caught 30 lb wahoo, dr

inking too much rum, and basically being a bum. Caught a wave on my own yesterday, and manageged to stack as soon as I stood up, got to far foward and managed to stuff the nose and pitchpole. The instructor and i where chatting after that, and I quote" maybe someday I can come to your mountain and be the kook" it was awesome. Heading out again on monday for one last session before I leave on Tuesday

Mario:biggthump

Happy belated birthday, old man! :D

P.S. - in response to SBS, see my signature...

double squishy id say bring that

or your geared bike

Pm me and I will be in touch in a few days when I get back in the states

mario

Double squish hadn't been ridden in 2 years, just sold it...

Only geared mtn bike I have is a Surly Moonlander.

Maybe renting is a possibility of anyone might carry a XXL or 23" or larger bike.

I will PM you, thanks!

For rentals ask that one on mtbr. My guess for best bet would be Golden Bike Shop but others on that forum will have better knowledge. I too may be able to join you for a ride.

In other news, we the RunesOhana, have been evacuated for the night as the Blue Bell fire is just on the other side of the Mtn from us. All Virus boards have been evac'd as well along with 4 bikes. We're all good and staying in Centennial for now.

Ink

In other news, we the RunesOhana, have been evacuated for the night as the Blue Bell fire is just on the other side of the Mtn from us. All Virus boards have been evac'd as well along with 4 bikes. We're all good and staying in Centennial for now.

Just left you a voicemail - give me a holler if you need anything! You guys are more than welcome to come down for dinner tonight if you want a break from hanging with the parents.

Thanks D.T., we're all good and back at the house. Still packed up just in case we need to evac again. Should be ok to stay at this point though.

Ink

Glad you'se are all okay, that is some scarey!

New heckler is built up and I have 2 rides on it now, hitting some where at some time tuesday eve with farmer if anyone is interested, it'll prolly be easyish since he is coming back from his place on padre after 3 weeks, more than likely north table or the big green mound