Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

observation

my friend blew out his knee today skiing. world cup downhill racer, best

skier on the hill every day he is out there (which is almost every day).

i asked what happened, and he said he was too comfortable, too confident,

and doesn't even know exactly what happened. except his knee is blown apart.

we ride at loveland on the same terrain for years, and are super comfortable

with it. last year i was too comfortable, too confident, and got a concussion

late January.

My observation: keep thinking out there, and realize just how fast these

boards go. and let'm go fast.

observation

my friend blew out his knee today skiing. world cup downhill racer, best

skier on the hill every day he is out there (which is almost every day).

i asked what happened, and he said he was too comfortable, too confident,

and doesn't even know exactly what happened. except his knee is blown apart.

we ride at loveland on the same terrain for years, and are super comfortable

with it. last year i was too comfortable, too confident, and got a concussion

late January.

My observation: keep thinking out there, and realize just how fast these

boards go. and let'm go fast.

Thanks for the reminder Pete, Though that little meeting Arne and I had earlier this year drove that home for me

mario

Woke up this morning to BEAUTIFUL Colorado sunshine. That pacific northwest rain was really bummin' me out. Due to severe back issues

I can't ride hard... but I can still ride. See ya'll soon...

Don

Feed the COLORADO addiction...

Glad you made it back to CO safe and sound Don. Hope you find some relief and can enjoy the great riding there. Bryan

10-15 depending on the time of day. Good times today, big thanks to all that came out and played with us, Paul and Cody, safe travels, and thanks for joining us. and for buying beer today

mario

Thanks for inviting us and for the hospitality both weekends! We had a great time all 4 days and I think got a good taste of Loveland. We are both home safe and sound. With 15 out on Sunday it was the biggest group of carvers I have ever ridden with!

NoirX252:

Thank you for lending Cody the soft board the first weekend. I think that was enough of a taste to push him onto carving board the next weekend. Good luck with the binding quest!

Kevin:

It was great riding with you the 3 days. The range of terrain you rode and the switching up of styles was another reason Cody wanted to get on the carving board. Thanks again for dropping off the demo gear for us too!

We drove up the LL Pass for a photo on the way out and then spent almost 4 hrs getting to Denver....Now I get it why people complain about the traffic.

Great time this weekend hangin' with Paul and Cody. So cool to watch the start of a new carver who did so well. Get that boy some gear! Most excellent day with a good group. Tinkerbell, get more sleep. James, nets are for tuna, not carvers.

Ink

We had a great time too; you guys were there all 4 days we were. The last Sat. was awesome! There is definitely some gear in Codys future. I'm looking fwd to watching KK tear it up over the next few years!

James:

It was a pleasure to meet you! I recognized the look on your face after the "net" incident right away....it was the "holy crap that hurts but the riding is so awesome today I'm not stopping" look. Hopefully you are good to go next Sunday.

Of my 11 riding days in CO 4 were at Loveland; when people say "you flew to Colorado and rode 4 days where???"...I just smile and say "the lifts are slow and the runs are short; you wouldn't like it...."

All the while trying to figure out a way back.

//Paul

Boundary Pole: 1 Dusty Bottle: -5 Or, the “net” incident

Breakfast at McDonalds $5.00… Fuel for the round trip to Loveland for a sunny day of groomer carving $25.00... Becoming lazy, over-shooting a turn and attempting to slide under the boundary rope (separating the groomer from the terrain park) and crashing squarely into the base of a boundary pole, flipping over and landing in a heap, all happening directly under a very slow lift, while a dozen of your best carving buddies look on, wince and yell, "Holy Crap!", "Ow, Ow, Ow!" and "THAT'S gonna leave a mark!" - PRICELESS!

I became a victim of complacency on Sunday. Instead of looking ahead and staying aware of my surroundings (as I usually am, due to years of m/c racing), I was having too much fun and took for granted I was further down the run and had passed the end of the boundary rope. I don't know what materials are used in those little poles, but there is zero give at ground level. The aftermath could've been much worse, as I only suffered a sprained ankle (would've snapped in softies), twisted knee, bruised hip and a sore shoulder and neck, most of which I discovered the next morning. Fortunately, no equipment damage, just body parts that should heal quickly.

Moral of the story? Stay far, far away from the terrain park!

Seriously, though… As others have mentioned here, we are riding some of the fastest equipment on the mountain, most built only to go faster and turn harder than last year’s models, so we have to be mentally prepared to handle anything or anyone down or cross-slope. ‘Nuff said... I got lucky… I’ll be back next Sunday!

On lighter notes:

Paul and Cody - it was great meeting you and having Out-o-Towner’s to carve with! Cody was seriously rippin' that hard boot setup after only a couple of days! Thanks again for the recovery libation Paul, it took the edge off the pain and maybe a little of the embarrassment, too! Just remember, it's never too early to start planning your return trip, although I won’t volunteer for a repeat near-park performance!

Kai, you we’re really looking smooth on the “99”! Hope to see you and Dad next weekend!

Duuuuuuuude! Welcome back! You've been missed! Hope to see you soon!

Good Times and Good Friends!

James

Edited by Dusty Bottle

Of my 11 riding days in CO 4 were at Loveland; when people say "you flew to Colorado and rode 4 days where???"...I just smile and say "the lifts are slow and the runs are short; you wouldn't like it...."

//Paul

That right there is Awesome

mario

You very welcome! I didn't get a chance to say bye, hopefully I'll see you guys again in the future! :)

Thanks for inviting us and for the hospitality both weekends! We had a great time all 4 days and I think got a good taste of Loveland. We are both home safe and sound. With 15 out on Sunday it was the biggest group of carvers I have ever ridden with!

NoirX252:

Thank you for lending Cody the soft board the first weekend. I think that was enough of a taste to push him onto carving board the next weekend. Good luck with the binding quest!

Kevin:

It was great riding with you the 3 days. The range of terrain you rode and the switching up of styles was another reason Cody wanted to get on the carving board. Thanks again for dropping off the demo gear for us too!

We drove up the LL Pass for a photo on the way out and then spent almost 4 hrs getting to Denver....Now I get it why people complain about the traffic.

We had a great time too; you guys were there all 4 days we were. The last Sat. was awesome! There is definitely some gear in Codys future. I'm looking fwd to watching KK tear it up over the next few years!

James:

It was a pleasure to meet you! I recognized the look on your face after the "net" incident right away....it was the "holy crap that hurts but the riding is so awesome today I'm not stopping" look. Hopefully you are good to go next Sunday.

//Paul

Shelly's knee is royally f-ed, so Sundays are probably out for the rest of the season. Besides, Sunday is a great day for me to twist the throttle on the single-track.

Hoping to make it up on Saturday...

Edited by D.T.
i cain't tipe

Shelly's knee is royally f-ed, so Sundays are probably out for the rest of the season. Besides, Sunday is a great day for me to twist the throttle on the single-track.

Hoping to make it up on Saturday...

What did Shelly do to her knee?

What did Shelly do to her knee?

Her knee cap isn't tracking straight, so everything inside is inflamed. It put an abrupt end to her cycling season and hasn't improved with 5 months of PT. The ortho is unsure that surgery will help... Trying to figure out what to do next.