Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

• 2 weeks later...
Thankful to have survived a collision with big Mario this morning with only a destroyed goggle lens, a cut on the nose and a stiff neck. Mario, I hope your jaw is ok.

Merry Christmas to all!

Jaw is doing better after additional ingestion of additional malty analgesics. Once again my cro-mag skull has saved me from severious injury, sorry that my chin scruff destroyed your goggles. My honi has always told me that it was like sandpaper, I guess your goggles are the proof!

Fun day today despite that little hiccup and the wierd light, or lack thereof, it was a blast running that monster stick in drifter, it tightened up just fine. Looking foward to next sunday and monday

mario

Happy post apocaypse/wintersolstice/hannuka/kwanza/festivus/and Merry Christmas to all!!

Edited by big mario
not pc enough for DT

Anyone riding at Loveland on Wednesday, Friday, or Monday of next week? I'm new to carving and could use some pointers. I rode my freestyle board on Saturday to get acclimated (in town from Illinois), and I pushed it to its limit. Time to get started on my new (used) carving gear.

Wow.. was this mid carve? aka both of you heading towards each other across the slope!?

I'm glad both of you are ok!

Jaw is doing better after additional ingestion of additional malty analgesics. Once again my cro-mag skull has saved me from severious injury, sorry that my chin scruff destroyed your goggles. My honi has always told me that it was like sandpaper, I guess your goggles are the proof!

Fun day today despite that little hiccup and the wierd light, or lack thereof, it was a blast running that monster stick in drifter, it tightened up just fine. Looking foward to next sunday and monday

mario

Happy post apocaypse/wintersolstice/hannuka/kwanza/festivus/and Merry Christmas to all!!

Can't speak for anyone else, but I will be up sunday and monday next week. 7:30 @ the wedge bar,8:30 lift one

mario

Cool - I'll look for you on Monday. Tomorrow morning I'm going to start out in the Valley and see how it goes with my "new" setup. The last time I tried hard boots was over 20 years ago, and it wasn't a good experience. They were probably ski boots, though, and I was just beginning.

Cool - I'll look for you on Monday. Tomorrow morning I'm going to start out in the Valley and see how it goes with my "new" setup. The last time I tried hard boots was over 20 years ago, and it wasn't a good experience. They were probably ski boots, though, and I was just beginning.

Your best bet is to start out in firebowl to skiers left of chair 2. Wide and mellow to get ya in the swing of things. The Valley, with the exception of the bunny hill, is narrower and steeper, not a good combo for beginning to carve. You will be in survival mode and set yourself up for failure.

Ink

Your best bet is to start out in firebowl to skiers left of chair 2. Wide and mellow to get ya in the swing of things. The Valley, with the exception of the bunny hill, is narrower and steeper, not a good combo for beginning to carve. You will be in survival mode and set yourself up for failure.

Ink

Thanks for the tip - I took your advice, and it worked out better than I expected. I'm a long way from carving turns, but switching from my freestyle board to the carve board wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I had to adjust my bindings a couple of times before my front foot felt comfortable. Have to wait until Friday to see if the last adjustment I made in back works.

We were up at Lovey on Sat. I was with a soft boot friend and we may be luring him to The Darkside. Pete was schooling him and he was showing some interest.

I think rounding up a board to try might be pretty easy. The problem may be the boots. He wears size 12 (not narrow). Would this be a MP 30? Gregory is about 220# so a board may have to be pretty stiff. Does any of the crew have some old boots around so he could give it a try? He is a Loveland regular.

Thanks - John

John,

Check with Bola for demo boots, best I can do are my beat to $hit mondo 28 deluxxes. we could put him on my 177 ax on a softer groom day, and I still have heel and toe bails to take a pair of my stepins back to reg.

mario

Good riding with ya'll today :biggthump

Good to see you and Shelly on the hill as well. You and the other slackers missed a good day today, the groom was awesome, and the holiday stupidity factor didn't start ramping up until about 10:30. Had fire cut and drifter to myself for the first hour, and did a whole herd of nonstops,then went over to Roulette and managed to get 4 nice, clean , unintterrupted runs. And then the hordes descended. One run on Richards and then onward to the Rat to meet Tony and freinds, I timed it perfect, the pitcher was already on the table and a beer awaited me as I walked in. A good day indeed

mario

Ps stopped at Tommyknockers on the way down to fill a growler and inquired about the suppy of our magic elixer, they actuall brewed more this year, so we should be good for a while yet :D:biggthump

I missed today and was thinking about taking to family to Loveland tomorrow figuring that New Years Day might be empty. Then I saw the forecast from NOAA:

New Year's Day: A 20 percent chance of snow before 11am. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -21. Blustery, with a northwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

It didn't sound so bad until I converted it in to Celsius: A HIGH of -13.3C and a Wind Chill of -29.4

Ouch! Going to wuss out and stay home instead.

Matt

Good to see you and Shelly on the hill as well. You and the other slackers missed a good day today, the groom was awesome, and the holiday stupidity factor didn't start ramping up until about 10:30. ...

I was planning to be there today, but the "stupidity factor" took me out on Friday. On my last run (one more than I planned to do, of course), a skier slammed into me from behind, and I wound up with a concussion and whiplash. At the hospital, they thought I was confused because I said I was snowboarding but had on "ski boots."

Sadly, I'm heading home to Illinois and not sure when I'll get to ride again, but I started to get a good rhythm with my "new" setup. I'll hit the midwest slopes when my doctor clears me.

Edited by mo_writer