Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

I am waiting to watch a movie so I am using my phone to post and cannot embed the link.

http://vimeo.com/m/37441922

I edited out the boring stuff and the loud wind noise but I left some dialogue in. Not much but fun to watch.

Embedded;

<IFRAME height=225 src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/37441922?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" frameBorder=0 width=400 allowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen webkitAllowFullScreen></IFRAME>Carving up Loveland, February 19th, 2012 from Futahaguro on Vimeo.

Edited by Futahaguro
To embed the video.

Man Down-

Unfortunately Jeff broke his collar bone in the fall at the bottom of Home Run this morning. Let's send him some good vibes for a speedy recovery.

That sucks Jeff! Finally is able to get a bit of time on the edge and out ya go with a bang. Heal quickly buddy.

Thanks for letting us know Ice.

Ink and KarverKai

Wow - Sunday was quite a Loveland day - cold and windy. We were on softies and tried #2, #4 & #6 for descent snow. None. South Chutes were the worst I've ever seen. They opened #8 about 10AM. I was hoping that Zip Basin would have all of the snow blown off the rest of the mountain. No luck. The windpack over there was very firm. Most of the terrain over on #8 was sustrugi and krumholz. Like mountaineering snowboarding. Boarding was gorilla style. Had to hop edge to edge and try to jam the edge into the snow.

The groomer under #8 was probably the best groomed run on the mountain. Pretty good actually. The wind kept blowing and they stopped #8 for about 5 minutes with us about 4 chairs from the top. We quit about 12:30. Lift #2 was closed due to wind (never seen that before).

I think it was 3 degrees when we started and 11 degrees when we quit. The patrol said the winds were 50 - 70 mph. You know - Loveland.

Man Down-

Unfortunately Jeff broke his collar bone in the fall at the bottom of Home Run this morning. Let's send him some good vibes for a speedy recovery.

Damn that sucks, I was watching him make some really nice turns right before he biffed

mario

John,

I watched lots of the snow get blown up to the top of the divide and over the other side. Switch back was awesome, and for the most part empty, until about 11. It was blowin' hard over ther even with the extra trees and lower elevation. All in all a really good day

mario

Hey everyone, thanks for the love! I'actually doing pretty well, as it turns out ,I broke my sternum and seperated my shoulder. I made band pratice before going to the hospital and haven't missed work. The benifits of modern pharmacology are not to be taken lightly. Ice, Bigs and Ink: thanks for extracting me from my gear and picking me up. The next round is on me. As God is my witness, I'll ride again before this season ends.

Edited by balboajeff

:( major ouchit on the element. I will be nicer to my transmission in the future, I promise!

mario

Dooood, the clutch is there for a reason.

KK and I will be out for a bit early tomorrow. He can't wait to test Ms. Kate's first race board...the 136 Rossi. He waxed and mounted it up last night. First ride will be up 2 to get into the wide open. Even with the winds. MUCH straigher scr than the Rookie 99 so this should be interesting to see how he adapts.

Ink

Edited by inkaholic

Fought 70 mph winds getting around Denver and through the mountains and it was snowing when I arrived at Lovey, with the flags flying straight out in normal Loveland fashion.

Riding was sketchy at first, as the wind had drifted up the snow in places, so you might be riding in a foot of pow and by the end of the turn, you would be on clean groom. By 10:00am however, the weather totally changed. The wind died, the sun came out and it wound up being a stellar day (by Loveland standards). As the day progressed, the pow scattered and the runs were really nice.

Representing were Ice, Greenleaf, Scott, and McDowall on the Skwal and I met another hardbooter Brian who didn't ride with the group. By the end of the day, Fire Bowl was trenched, Drifter was ripped, Fire Cut was grooved, Roulette was anialated and then we took the short bus over to Switchback, after which there was no doubt the LCI had been there. Outstanding day was had by all and my teeth are sunburned! :p

Props to Ice and Greenleaf for the pointers to help me work my way back into the groove!!!

Can't believe I almost turned around and went home due to the wind...

James

Edited by Dusty Bottle

"By the end of the day, Fire Bowl was trenched, Drifter was ripped, Fire Cut was grooved, Roulette was anialated and then we took the short bus over to Switchback, after which there was no doubt the LCI had been there"

Dusty, Shame on you ALL :biggthump

over to Switchback, after which there was no doubt the LCI had been there.

The five of us went down Switchback three times, so on the lift ride back up after everyone else split, I tried to spy all 15 trenches on the run.

Overall a great day, though my go-pro fell off my board twice requiring a 15 min search and rescue the first time and 10 min the second. I'm thinking of a way to wire the camera casing to my binding (because I like the angle a lot), so if it does come off the mount, it will just fly around my feet till I stop. (I mounted it on the back of the board the first time and front the second.)

I'll be hitting up A-basin on Thursday!

Brandon

Edited by McDowall