Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Carved till about noon. Good stuff. If you have the HTLF SCPrototype wax USE IT! As PCDenver said, 1/2/6 were all good. Skiers left on firecut, roulette, drifter were all in good shape. Concussed, KarverKai and I all had fun. Maybe 9 for a change up tomorrow.

I'll try out a board or two or ... whatever tomorrow.

Ink

The forecast last weekend looked like Sat would be better than Sun so I picked Sat knowing that I would miss LCS4.

I thought the snow would be pretty icy but it turned out to be the best carving conditions ever for me. Effortless. Not too hard, not too soft. Saw Greenleaf briefly at 2 reload. Migrated from 2 to 6 (Roulette was not groomed) to 4 to 8. It was all pretty good - especially up high. Lower part of 4 was turning to mashed potatoes pretty early. Lift 8 was much better than I expected.

The wind started to pick up by 10:30 or so. The anemometer on the lift shack at the top of 8 was flying. I guessed the windspeed to be 40mph. The liftie in the shack at the top said "steady 60 gusting to 85". I think it was the highest wind I have ever experienced on the slopes. The only saving grace was that it wasn't cold.

Anyway, one of the best days all season. Mix of carving and "regular" boarding but all on my Coiler. Found out that it is far more versatile than I gave credit.

Looks like LCS4 got snowed out. Hope all were able to make the best of it and take advantage of the new snow.

rode from 9:30 to noon today. conditions were great for carving! started on 1, noticed the melt freeze. went to 2, hoping that the sun would have softened things a little - it did; spent an hour slaying fire bowl and drifter. went to 6, destroyed roulette for three runs, then it got soft. went back to spillway and richards, they were firm as could be. could not set an edge riding aggressively. started to ride with finesse (yes ink, me riding with finesse) and had a blast! not sure why I ever considered selling the Monster. :smashfrea

the only bad thing today was the corral at the bottom of 1, it was a complete ice-rink :(

someone had a break-through day today. she started reaching for the up edge and pinching her core. she also started to look further uphill as she was coming across - they way she hooked up and railed those turns shocked her. had her first legitimate hand drag, because she was low, not because she was reaching. also had her first legitimate butt drag, again, because she was looowwwwwwwww. she was grinning from ear-to-ear! it helped that there was absolutely no one on the hill.

riding Saturday only this weekend. picked up the 185 Virus - should be fun...

So looks like saturday is the day. I think I will mount up the 185 Sigi and make a few turns after I give my Virus some love. Still in possesion of a few other toys if anyone is interested

Carpool?

mario

Bigs, do you still have the big WC Virus? I'm interested in testing out that one.

Ink

Is that the red and black? If it is, Dustin has that right now, if it is the gray metal topsheet with black and green lettering, than yes I have it

I am in for saturday this week, It is looking like another in between day on sunday

mario

Is that the red and black? If it is, Dustin has that right now, if it is the gray metal topsheet with black and green lettering, than yes I have it

I am in for saturday this week, It is looking like another in between day on sunday

mario

The red and black that Dustin has is the one. Really like the green and black hammerhead but want to check out the newer, slightly softer one.

Ink