Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

We ruled the mountain today!! The cast of characters in no particular order: D.T., Ink, Pcdenver, Tstoughton, Ice, Dave, Billy and Cody Winters, Jim Callen, Snowman, Monodude, Biggerwrangler and Candice, James, Ski racers Phil and Steve joined the good side, some other Mario on a prior and finally myself. Great day with great riders, I am, for once, speechless.

Thanks to all who made it, :biggthump

mario

We ruled the mountain today!! The cast of characters in no particular order: D.T., Ink, Pcdenver, Tstoughton, Ice, Dave, Billy and Cody Winters, Jim Callen, Snowman, Monodude, Biggerwrangler and Candice, Ski racers Phil and Steve joined the good side, some other Mario on a prior and finally myself. Great day with great riders, I am, for once speechless.

Thanks to all who made it, :biggthump

mario

Most excellent first day. Happy birthday again Dave and thanks for helping to get this many riders out together early season.

Ink

a flick from today's action

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZnEjfVnBJk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZnEjfVnBJk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice quick turnaround, and nice job on your first effort. Now I need to raise the bar on my riding.

mario

ps. still basking in the afterglow of that pasting I dealt you, I am sure there is some heinous payback awaiting me, so I will enjoy it while I can

Yea, that was a blast. Sorry I missed you Dave, next time. I left Lovey and did the blaster over Loveland Pass and hit up Abasin. It was farily busy yesterday but this morning is was wide open. The whole mountain was race course firm and buffed up very well like always. Bunch of racers including a couple of burly looking large dudes hauling the mail on some big downhill skis. Very very fun to watch. Going to head over Friday to watch the race at Copper. It is suppose to be quite the show, all the top contenders are in town to show who is the king and who is going to be representing at the Olympics, should be very exciting.

You guy are making me ill!! Hell, we still have 85 degree temps here and you guys are rippin off some sweet turns in early Novermber. I seriously need to ge the heck out of Cali if I want some early season turns.

OVR,

There is still time to purchase Lovey 4 Paks, $119 till 22 Nov 09.

http://www.skiloveland.com/ticketsandpasses/4pak.aspx

Tickets are actual tickets and good all season. As you learned before, we have extra boards. Don't you have a sister here you need to visit?

Ink

It was good to see the LCI + company out in force Sunday. It's just good times hangin' with good riders. Sorry it was so short for me. I was teaching Biggerwrangler's wife Candice how to ride a Monoski. After a few runs and a couple of Rum & cokes she was doing well. I'll be ridin' this weekend. Oh and D.T please inform me next time the camera is out so I can really make an ass out of myself, that and make sure my hair is brushed and my makeup is ok.

Don

Feed the addiction...:eplus2:

Hi LCI! Inky didn't invite me along last weekend -- something about "white ribbon of death", concussions, blah, blah, blah. I did 10 sit ups the other night, so I think I'm in condition to ride with y'all soon. Me and Boy Wonder will come and show how it's done low rider style. See You Soon!!

I did 10 sit ups the other night, so I think I'm in condition to ride with y'all soon.

Ready??? I think not. The required team work out is one sit up followed by one 12-oz curl, repeat. Your status is determined by the number of reps that you can complete before you :barf:

Keep practicing, you may eventually make it ;)

:eek::eek:

Anybody notice how close that was at 1:36 in this video? :eek::eek:

Bob,

Yes I did, that section of trail was about the only place we could open it up, it is very wide there, and for the most part ther were some nice windows where Dustin was set up. There are really good site lines so we feel very comfortanble cranking turns there despite large crowds elsewhere on the hill. We where and are very tuned in to what is going on, but I suspect he came out of the park which is set up on the run next to where we were riding, because I did not see him when I had looked up the hill earlier. I suspect he will give carvers a little more room and respect in the future, there is a little bank at the apex of that turn I was making, very close to the rocks, I pulled up when I caught a glimpse of him in my perephial vision, and you will see me bobble and break at the waist. My line probably pushed him closer to the trees than he might have wanted to be.

Boulder Ski Deals is sponsoring Demo Days at Loveland Nov 21 & 22:

http://www.boulderskideals.com/section_display.cfm?section_id=1193&top=244&level=2

For $45 you can demo their equipment. I was wondering if they might have some new reverse-camber or rockered boards. May be the only opportunity to try this out.

It also may make the few slopes very crowded.

It was good to see the LCI + company out in force Sunday. It's just good times hangin' with good riders. Sorry it was so short for me. I was teaching Biggerwrangler's wife Candice how to ride a Monoski. After a few runs and a couple of Rum & cokes she was doing well. I'll be ridin' this weekend. Oh and D.T please inform me next time the camera is out so I can really make an ass out of myself, that and make sure my hair is brushed and my makeup is ok.

Don

Feed the addiction...:eplus2:

More Rum than Coke?

Hey Hollywood, I want to see video of some of those elbow carves!!

video from 11/15/09

apparently ice is camera-shy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86xl6GTSBw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86xl6GTSBw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>