Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Nothin to do with the front binder. Shelf trail and the shelf side foot popped out of the pedal on the up stroke. Bye, bye balance and off the shelf I went -head first. A tree finally stopped me ~30ft down. :D

Oops :o

D.T.

Glad you are alright! No more of those "big" wipeouts this summer. I don't want to end up visiting you in the ER. I had to do that with Concussed a week and a half ago. I am open to ride Sat and Sun, where ever folks want.

I am rocking the VW KG Vert only at this time. Concussed was trying to save gas but the Cavalier didn't quite fit into the back of a Lexus suv. Rip Cav with 234,000 on the odometer. Still looking for new vehicles. Concussed is doing well with only minor injuries.

Ink

Ink,

Not sure yet, with P spending 2-3 nights a week down in the springs it may be a bit tough to get away on the weekends, I might be riding on monday/wed nights weather permitting

mario

Totally understandable brudda. After next week I may be able to join you on Mon or Wed evenings. I need to start riding!

I spent this past weekend in Buff Creek and rode maybe 6 miles. They were a great 6 miles as I was rocking it with KarverKai on his new 16" SS. Watching him pump terrain and berms is quite impressive. He is going to Brrrraaaaappppp when he gets a little bigger. Ooohhh, can't wait for that.

Ink

I am going to give green mtn a shot tomorrow in the pm weather permitting. Should be interesting after deadlifts, vulgarian split squats, walking lunges and intervals. Should be kinda fun.:D

Mario

Hey LCI....

I had to stop reading the boards a while ago since reading about all the fun I was missing was getting depressing. The arm finally got to the point where I could almost completely ignore it a few weeks ago, and finals ended a week ago, so I finally got out on the road bike again. It was sort of unplanned, but I knocked out 40 miles on my first ride of the season, in a pretty pathetic (compared to the end of last year) 2:30. Hopefully I can get a few more rides in this week, if the weather cooperates, and get my legs back. Wouldn't mind another shot at 3 sisters, or even Apex, sometime this summer.

Steve

AC,

Good to hear you are OK and back to pedaling.

More rides will happen and will be posted here. I don't think any of us have been out much this summer yet. Me a few rides. Mario maybe a few. D.T. a couple between flights. The rest of the LCI or Prospects have been MIA since the snow has been melting.

Ink

Good ride with D.T. this past saturday in my backyard.

D.T. was not harmed, only a little frustrated at the ghost shifting happening behind him. Thankfully a couple twists of the barrel adjuster vanquished the ghosts leaving behind only fun and smiles. His new helmet will go for two rides in a row without injury.

Ink

Anyone up for a mellow road ride in Denver this weekend? I'm still building up again after a couple of months of beer and percocet, so I'm not ready for a serious ride yet, but it'd be fun to break up the monotony of riding alone so far this summer.

AC,

Possibly, I'll be in touch. Glad you are doing better and getting out on the bike. As of the two rides I did last week, BTWD and Friday, I now have 90 miles in on the road bike. My riding this summer hasn't quite panned out to actually getting rides in yet. Hopefully soon though.

Ink

Glad to read that you guys are getting some mileage in. I am just beginning to get back on the bike. I had a pretty bad get off on my road bike @ 25 mph two months ago. Bruised my tailbone severely, couldn't sit or ride in a car for a couple weeks. I also slammed my head into the ground , shattered my helmet into a few pieces. Fortunately, no major road rash but I am still feeling the tailbone injury. Had to get my melon checked out by the neurologist.

All I can say is wear those helmets, saved my noggin from some serious injury.

I did log in 70 miles last Saturday, temps were a balmy 100 degrees out there. I refilled water bottles at every opportunity. I was dumping water on my head like Floyd Landis did in the Tour a few years ago just to keep cool.

I had a pretty bad get off on my road bike @ 25 mph two months ago. Bruised my tailbone severely, couldn't sit or ride in a car for a couple weeks. I also slammed my head into the ground , shattered my helmet into a few pieces.

AA - quit that sh$t. Glad to hear you didn't get hurt too bad. FYI - I'm the resident helmet tester around here; I don't take kindly to people encroaching on my turf!

AA - quit that sh$t. Glad to hear you didn't get hurt too bad. FYI - I'm the resident helmet tester around here; I don't take kindly to people encroaching on my turf!

OVR,

I too am glad that you didn't get hurt too badly. Definately don't be doing that anymore. It is bad enough with Big Mario testing helmets in the winter and D.T. testing them in the summer. We don't need any more testers!

Keep the rubber side down,

Ink

Anyone up for a Friday afternoon ride?

Scheduled to get back Thursday PM.

Scheduled to work in Denver Friday AM.

Thinking of hitting Green Mountain, Mathews-Winters, etc., afterward.

What time are you thinking? I usually get off work around 4ish and could possibly meet up after that.

Saturday is the first day of the SL Skate Nationals sponsored by All Boards so KarverKai and I will head to Lafeyette for that one so no bikie for me on Sat.

Not sure about Sunday yet.

Ink

What time are you thinking? I usually get off work around 4ish and could possibly meet up after that.

I was thinking early (1-ish) so that I can get some work done in the afternoon.

Not sure about Sunday yet.
10AM flight on Sunday; back mid-day Saturday. This is gettin' OLD! :(