Note to New Members ×

Donek metal boards?

Jeffrey Day

Anyone here have the opportunity to have ridden a Donek metal board yet or is it still too new?

I've been keeping an eye on the evolution of metal boards and who has done what to increase longevity of the metal boards. I haven't afforded myself the opportunity to ride a metal board yet, but I hear they are great riding decks.

Being a long time owner of Doneks, I'm interested in sticking with Doneks and maybe trying one, if possible.

Any feedback would be cool...if there is any yet!

There was a thread with some info a few months ago, though you may have allready seen it. I would really like to try one out when I get the chance. Does Donek demo boards? I'm thinking of trying to demo one when I head up to colorado for the early season if they have a metal demo board ...

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=21330

Anyone here have the opportunity to have ridden a Donek metal board yet or is it still too new?

I've been keeping an eye on the evolution of metal boards and who has done what to increase longevity of the metal boards. I haven't afforded myself the opportunity to ride a metal board yet, but I hear they are great riding decks.

Being a long time owner of Doneks, I'm interested in sticking with Doneks and maybe trying one, if possible.

Any feedback would be cool...if there is any yet!

I saw a few of Seans metal boards a few years ago. I liked what I saw and was really bummed out when he decided to go in a different direction. I'm glad he has re-evaluated things and is exploring the technology. Durability has always been a strong point with Doneks, so if that is the primary reason for not getting a metal board yet, then you probably should look at a Donek. Sean was having bonding issues when he first started working with the metal, he was unwilling to sacrifice the durability so he continued with his Olympic series developement. If he is now producing them, then I'd say he has it figured out. If you are getting one for race purposes I'd suggest something that has been proven on the world cup.

Dude, I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

I recall I liked what I rode (171FC1) a lot, and I didn't want to like it because I had just gotten a new other board. I'll stop there because any opinion I might have had in 2005 would be invalid now.

I have a lot of confidence in Donek.

Durability was the primary concern with a metal construction. The construction that I settled on really incorporates as much as I know about failure modes in metal boards and ways of eliminating them from the equation. As for ride, you do get the damp feel of the metal, but since I've used very little rubber in the boards, you don't get a dead feel.

Hope that helps a little more.

Durability was the primary concern with a metal construction. The construction that I settled on really incorporates as much as I know about failure modes in metal boards and ways of eliminating them from the equation. As for ride, you do get the damp feel of the metal, but since I've used very little rubber in the boards, you don't get a dead feel.

Hope that helps a little more.

Sean, have you set pricing for the metal boards yet?

Damn.

My 401K has shed several metal Doneks in the last week.

I think I should re-invest in metal.

LOL, a lot of us got hit in the last week-and-a-day, the 700 billion $ adds a lot of salt to the wounds. Maybe it's time to go "all in" and when it shoots up, sell and buy a metal donek!

LOL, a lot of us got hit in the last week-and-a-day, the 700 billion $ adds a lot of salt to the wounds. Maybe it's time to go "all in" and when it shoots up, sell and buy a metal donek!

$850 billion. The senate had to put frosting on their cake.