Note to New Members ×

The best all round snowboarder?

Guest Boardbum

Who is good? I know i am by the smile on my face every day i spend in the mountains, which is to unregular.Terje Haakonsen, he would be a good bet cause he actually raced in the early days. In all seriousnes who cares! I understand, as should all of you hardbooters, we love a minority sport, and i am bored of explaining (" no i am actually snowboarding"). If you love it rejoice, what better feeling than leaving that thin line in snow and looking back, thinking "that's my line and I made it(SMILE). F em all I rock and i am the best snowboarder, catch me if you can, and if you can its a beer drinking competition. If you drink me under the table, its a knitting competition and if you kick my arse with knit one pearl one i am forever in your service. In all seriousness you all are the best. Love the snow!

• 4 weeks later...

All this talk & no mention of Palmer? Please remember that the Palm Daddy currently is still ripping through SBX courses around the world. Also, I remember a time when he was ruling halfpipes everywhere as well. Not to mention when he and Brushie tried making the finals at the US Open halfpipe a few years back. Looking outside of the snowboard realm and you have his accomplishments in Snow Cross, Mtn Biking, Skiing, partying, living on the edge, big mtn riding, and the list goes on and on and on. He gets my vote for male and Lindsay Jacobellis for female.

• 4 weeks later...

Shaun Palmer USA World cup Boarder cross Racer is searching the world for some Burton C14 Large High Backs. The Burton C14 High back was a solid high back without any cut outs, very stiff and not that well liked as an all mountain binding, but as a boarder cross binging there’re great! The problem is shaun can’t find them anymore, you see Burton doesn’t make their Carbon High back solid anymore, so Palm is appealing to anybody who may have a pair just sitting in their garage. Just think your old bindings may make it to the Olympics in 2010…please contact us if you can help….an old snowboarder is a terrible thing to waste.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agiFJgvuMdU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agiFJgvuMdU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b25ruUw9ME&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b25ruUw9ME&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Who is this? some one said something very similar to me this summer at hood He said it is a sin to have your talent and not use it.... Tell sean kildy said hi, we have done some scary partying that is for sure. He would get those bindings in one hour if he got online him self but if he is to busy i am sure all these online nerds like myself will understand....

it is a sin to have your talent and not use it....

My exact problem with palm being entered into the discussion of best all-around boarder. Aside from my old personal issues w/the guy, if he could have stuck to one sport and stayed away from the chemicals, he could have been the best. not judging his lifestyle, just saying that the best is a combination of natural talent, dedication, and discipline. Palm has plenty of the first, but has to this point been seriously lacking in the last.

This bloging, chat or what ever we call it, is like crack ...

I will never forget when Sean was a total freestyler, he came to a Super-G race I was in at Mammoth Mt. and climbed up to the start which was no joke it went way past the chairlift when he got up there he yelled where is Kildy and said go fast or go home pussy.... well not sure what i did that day but I am sure I went faster than I would have otherwise. He is the man but yes he can party, but back in the day that was how snowboarding started trust me no one respected snowboarders we where loud on the snow with no control and dangerous so all ski areas said no no no and we created an image of crazy kids that people loved eventually, for being so different. It has taken a sharp turn to nerdy if you ask many from back in the day, but what I mean by that is it is a bit like skiing now everything is coaches discretion forget the results I like that guy so he will be on the team (politics) GAY but we all knew it was going this way back when OLYMPICS came into the picture. It of course had to go this direction it was inevitable, yet looking back it is easy to say the things we say about the parting, but without it we all may not be here right now talking about this gay sport on one board and a string. To get the record straight Sean does not party now he has changed his back in the day ways and you and I will be rooting for him in the SBX 2010 and you know it, so root for him now as well please.:biggthump

I know the life we lead - I was right there (not quite at your level but I tried pretty damn hard in my time) And yes the Olympic thing and the coaches (esp.Jerry) killed alot of the spirit of the sport, but like you said it was inevitable.

I hope he has changed, and I'll cheer for anyone who makes the olympics.

plenty more to say but no time...

I know the life we lead - I was right there (not quite at your level but I tried pretty damn hard in my time) And yes the Olympic thing and the coaches (esp.Jerry) killed alot of the spirit of the sport, but like you said it was inevitable.

I hope he has changed, and I'll cheer for anyone who makes the olympics.

plenty more to say but no time...

I know one company that was a major factor in trying to KILL the carving world (BURTON). I don't blame the coaches as they were looking for away to make $$$$ and try build up the sport on a professional level.

You are right Burton got there hands on the US team uniforms and I saw it coming they wanted everyone to pick there own outfits so now it was not a team look but just a bunch of kids running around with all different Burton jackets how lame is that clever Burton They loved ISF so much because they ran it......

We love you Burton good luck getting rid of Alpine you may run the mags and all else with money but not the little companies like custom boards, and the funniest part the sport started with repels and look at mainstream freestyle now oooh what a rebel ay... but now look at these hard core guys running around on these crazy boards that people on chairlifts dont even know what you are doing talk about rebel we alpiners are rebels keep up the easy work you rebels....

Kildy

Good to see you on here my man. I used to race out of SV a bit against Watanabe at some of the local and regional races.

Went to the Park City qualifier before the Olympics, just to see how fast the upper level guys were/are.

Ross spun out a gate did two gates switch and still beat me. I officially retired that day.

Seriously though, if you keep posting at this rate, you will pass everyone in a year on the post count.

But,.......at least you have something to say.

Again - Welcome.

:biggthump

If Palmer actually does want those binders, I DID take the time to find them on the electroweb. It was not easy, but I got them.

Serious inquiries only.

If I play my cards right, I will be in conditions that require no bindings most of this season... Ya, Rev 800 XP.

To keep the thread alive, I'll say T. Rice. He can turn. Oh yes, he can.