Note to New Members ×

Is there any other ski area that does not allow carving??

Speedzilla

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably been 10 years since an incident when skier hit a tree during night skiing and died at Eldora near Boulder. The response from the ski area was to end night skiing. Well that's great. What should they do if somebody skis into a tree and dies during the daytime?

I just hope they didn't read your post or you might have given them an idea. :smashfrea

Ummmm remove the trees?????:freak3:

I've been doing this for 18 years and have never once heard of someone getting thrown by a thin, carved line in the snow. I have, however, been thrown thousands of times by bumps and moguls, which are the result of skidders piling up clumps of snow. So where the hell is this coming from???

Maybe the solution is to hold a Skidder's Fest, where a few tens of alpine boarders spend the day sideslipping down the slopes in a gentle falling leaf pattern. An hour of that ought to create mogulfield hell. Send someone in to complain to management that a group of skidders are creating crevasses so deep and wide, that only sporadic mounds of snow remain. Management will have no choice but to ban the skidder's and rewelcome the carvers.

I swear some people go through life so miserable, that even in paradise, they'd make up something to piss and moan about......unbelievable.

I've been doing this for 18 years and have never once heard of someone getting thrown by a thin, carved line in the snow..

Even if it does create a skidder challenge, carving should not be banned. Carving is the penultimate perfection of execution of the design of skis/board and should be encouraged as the art form that it is.

FYi, I ain't no light weight. When I put all my energy, mental and more tangible, into the turn - something has to give. Since this "ban" affects heavier riders more than the lightweights, us Clydesdale classers, can claim discrimination. :eplus2::eplus2:

Then maybe for equal opportunity etc they will have to make a snowboard specific run for heavyweight riders. It just goes on doesn't it.:smashfrea

so, yesterday carving up on top of Aspen Mt. this guy on the chair says

there should be separate areas for skiers and snowboarders... because

snowboarders can not see the skiers...now it is the grooves in the snow

are too deep, why are their pants falling off, whats that smell, I don't know

what way they intend to turn, why do they sit in the snow,

Guess What? you can not argue or make any headway against these attitudes.

These slogans are for unhappy people, who need to share their unhappiness.

wonder if they are going to outlaw disabled skiers too?

You know the War vet with no legs on the mono ski making those big

trenches with that big grin...

NO ONE should be patronizing a Mountain that is run this way!

:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea

Dittos

• 2 years later...

WOW ! What a response we've recieved from the NICE video with the angry skier. I did not realize we had a bullseye on our style and technique. I also didn't realize that some resorts are actually taking measures against our cause. This is firing me up to make our cause more mainstream instead of taking a back seat to the ski and snowboard industry. The time for us to take action is now. Maybe somebody should organize a alpine gathering at the next door resort to Welch. Then lets all go there with big numbers in our favor and showem' the $ they are missing out on. I will continue on making the NICE event bigger and better next year hopefully with more days of early loads.

WOW ! What a response we've recieved from the NICE video with the angry skier. I did not realize we had a bullseye on our style and technique. I also didn't realize that some resorts are actually taking measures against our cause. This is firing me up to make our cause more mainstream instead of taking a back seat to the ski and snowboard industry. The time for us to take action is now. Maybe somebody should organize a alpine gathering at the next door resort to Welch. Then lets all go there with big numbers in our favor and showem' the $ they are missing out on. I will continue on making the NICE event bigger and better next year hopefully with more days of early loads.

This is an old topic that I am just using as an example....

And they really don't care. They would be happiest if we just went away.

Hey Mud,

That's too bad they don't care in MN. I love Idaho, the people are generally very friendly and they do care. It is why I live here. People will wave to you because you're driving on the same road as you. That doesn't happen at most places.

This is an old topic that I am just using as an example....

And they really don't care. They would be happiest if we just went away.

The conditions the day of N.I.C.E. at Schweitzer were very conductive to deep deep trenches. We ahd just gotten some veru good dumping on the days prior, it was cold and the snow had not been packed (honestly the weekend was not really the greatest conditions, I would have preferred much harder snow) we were definately digging some trenches-the snow was also soft. It was so cold you could have broken a finger picking your nose.

I cannot believe resort are/will consider closing access to certain types of riders @*&k ME. If they do, take you business elsewhere and make it known that you do!

How many carvers on this forum? almost 2,000? and over a grand for season passes-do the math.

Hey Mud,

That's too bad they don't care in MN.

It's just that one place has a funny attitude. It has some good terrain, which is why it's nice to go there, but their grooming often sucks, so it was no great loss to me. The other ski hills tend to be more race oriented, so carving is the norm.