Note to New Members ×

oink oink

bobdea

My friend had a run in with the law last night. We were at a big party for employees at work, and I'm going to say that 60% of the people there were underage and drinking. Fire alarm went off because everyone was smoking inside, and the cop and fireman show up. My friend sees the cop, turns around to put his beer down, and as he was standing up looked into a flashlight :smashfrea. Cop takes him outside, and 5 minutes later my friend comes back inside asking for his cell phone and cigarettes and goes "hey guys, I'm getting arrested". He blew a .03, the limit in NH is .02 if you're underage...he wasn't even close to being drunk, disorderly, or anything bad...we were just standing around talking. So he gets put in the truck, and the cop comes back in and looks around, and leaves. Didn't ask anybody else for IDs, including me, or my girlfriend who looks like she's 16 and was reeking of rum. Poor kid was the only one that was arrested, and he's probally going to lose his job over it because it was on-property :rolleyes:.

I don't see why he was the only one arrested or even carded. He had to walk past at least 3 underage people that I know of to get to my friend...we all know that the cop was just doing his job, but still...he could have at least busted more than one person.

OK, I'm not going to say all cops are pricks, I think there are probably plenty of good ones who are just trying to do their job to the best of their ability. We might not know the whole story, but based on what we can see in that vid, that is one of the cops who falls in to the "Major" prick category.

So here's my funny cop story (and it's even related to snowboarding...):

Quite a few years ago, I had spent the day at Brighton, in Utah. I had spent a couple of hours in the morning teaching my brother-in-law to ride; then ridden later in the afternoon with my wife. Due to the fact that I was teaching my bro-in-law, I had a free-ride board with softies for myself to teach on, one of my old softy boards for him to ride, and I had also brought along at least one alpine setup.

After the day is over, and I'm heading home with at least 3 snowboards on the top of my car, along with my wife's skis. As you head out of the parking lot at Brighton, there is a maintenance shed. As I pass by the shed, there's a guy standing there, basically staring at me as I drive by. I think that it's kind of weird, but oh-well....

As I get to the bottom of the canyon, almost ready go get on the freeway, there's flashing lights in the rear-view. I look at the speedometer, and that's not the issue, so I wonder what's up, and pull over.

Mr, copper comes up walking up, and I don't think he even asked for my registration. Basically here's how the conversation goes:

Cop: Are these all your snowboards?

Me: Yes.

Cop: Why do you have so many?

Me: I explain to him about my brother-in-law, and my weird fascination with riding race / carving boards, thus the reason for having so many boards.

Cop: There have been a bunch of boards stolen up the canyon today. Do you have receipts for all of these boards?

Me: (Thinking: OK, now I know why that guy was staring at me leaving the parking lot... And who carries around receipts for their ski/snowboard gear to "prove" that they own it???) I proceed to tell him that these definitely aren't the boards they are looking for, and that most of them are more than 3 years old, and not too many people would rip off boards that old.

Cop proceeds to make me take all the boards out of the racks so he can check them out, look at serial numbers, blah, blah, blah, and he's a prick about it, cause he thinks he's busted a snowboard thief.

The wife and I sit in the car for who knows how long, and eventually, the cop comes back up, apologizing profusely, and telling me he's sorry, and that I'm not their thief.

It was kind of hard to be happy that he was doing his job, when he was such a prick at the beginning of our encounter.

Moral of the story: Make sure you carry receipts with you for EVERYTHING you buy, so that you can prove true ownership at any given time. (Ala' George from Seinfeld, with his giant wallet full of receipts.)

holy crap my truck looks like a pawn shop storage facility. I have at least 6 boards in it at all times. I bought them all online officer and I saved the transactions in my email. now piss off:eplus2:

What a sad sack of crap to represent Baltimore. I hope he ends up doing night security at a WalMart. Fat Bastard anyway. And I could be one so I have the right to call him as it is.

Look at what they gave him to patrol in. Maybe he thought he would get a pursuit Mustang for a patrol unit and is eternally pissed off with his job.

Probably has a small unit too. :eek: I have heard it makes a guy mean, but have no personal knowledge of this.

As I get to the bottom of the canyon, almost ready go get on the freeway, there's flashing lights in the rear-view. I look at the speedometer, and that's not the issue, so I wonder what's up, and pull over.

Mr, copper comes up walking up, and I don't think he even asked for my registration. Basically here's how the conversation goes:

Cop: Are these all your snowboards?

Me: Yes.

Cop: Why do you have so many?

Me: I explain to him about my brother-in-law, and my weird fascination with riding race / carving boards, thus the reason for having so many boards.

Cop: There have been a bunch of boards stolen up the canyon today. Do you have receipts for all of these boards?

Me: (Thinking: OK, now I know why that guy was staring at me leaving the parking lot... And who carries around receipts for their ski/snowboard gear to "prove" that they own it???) I proceed to tell him that these definitely aren't the boards they are looking for, and that most of them are more than 3 years old, and not too many people would rip off boards that old.

Cop proceeds to make me take all the boards out of the racks so he can check them out, look at serial numbers, blah, blah, blah, and he's a prick about it, cause he thinks he's busted a snowboard thief.

The wife and I sit in the car for who knows how long, and eventually, the cop comes back up, apologizing profusely, and telling me he's sorry, and that I'm not their thief.

It was kind of hard to be happy that he was doing his job, when he was such a prick at the beginning of our encounter.

Seems like he forgot about a little thing called probable cause. To search and detain you. Leaving a ski area with multiple snowboards is not probable cause. Even if you had stolen them, the case would have likely been thrown out due to an illegal search. Bunch of friends of mine came off the Colorado. Someone had something that was illegal in Utah and they were illegally searched. The cop arrested four or five of them for this little bit of fungus. When they pointed out that he didn't have the right to search blah, blah. He said "That's right this isn't a good search, but this is Friday afternoon and you're going to spend the weekend in jail before this gets thrown out."

Bad cop, no donut.

i've got a pig story for you. july 14th 2004 i was driving my wife to work and my son to school, was in a right turn only lane and didn't use my turn signal. so a member of our local police department took exception to that and decided to investigate. when i pulled over and was digging out my documents, i discovered that i didn't grab my wallet from my work pants. when the cop came walking up and asked for it i tried to tell the cop that i had a valid license, but not in my possession. he took what i did have and said you might be in big trouble. he went to his car and after he came back, he asked me if i had ANY photo id. i said no, it was all in my wallet at my house. he then informed me that, in the state of wa, operating a vehicle while not in possession of a valid license is an arrestable offense. so i was arrested, booked, and fingerprinted. my fingerprints identified me within minutes, because i was in the army for 13+ years. they made me sit in jail for 3 hours until my loving wife could bail me out. now here's the pig part; my wife was pulled over by the same cop about 3 weeks prior to that, by the same cop and she didn't have her purse. he let her go with a warning. the only difference, besides gender, is my wife does not have more than 40 highly visible tattoos, with a big beard. i've had about a bellyful of people with preconceived notions and narrow minds. :angryfire

I know some great cops, one of which is actually a mentor of mine who helped me through a rough spot in life.

This guy was out of line in my opinion. He grabbed the kid, talked about his parents' parenting, blah blah for skateboarding in a forbidden area? He coulda just kicked them off and told them to go home.

Maybe his wife kicked him out that morning or something and he needed to let out his insecurities.

the thing is here is that this is so common, there are some good cops. the majority are probably alright but not great, but then there is a fair share of them that do this **** and even the good cops cover for their ******* buddies that think are the lone ranger. I have see some crazy stuff go down, cops lie like it's going out of style, the ones who don't lie tolerate those who do so in my book there are very few cops worth trusting.

I don't see why he was the only one arrested or even carded. He had to walk past at least 3 underage people that I know of to get to my friend...we all know that the cop was just doing his job, but still...he could have at least busted more than one person.

Maybe you should have pointed out to the cop that there were other under age individuals drinking or would they have had to be smoking pot for you to do that?

Maybe you should have pointed out to the cop that there were other under age individuals drinking...

I saw the cop for a total of about 30 seconds, and my friend did point out that there were many other underage drinkers there. The problem is that it's apparently a big hassle to arrest the Visa workers that we have (which was about 95% of the party) due to the high probability of them being deported.

...or would they have had to be smoking pot for you to do that?

What?:confused:

My best freind is active duty navy. He is a white man married to a black woman. they were stationed in mobile, AL. They were driving home from New ORleans returning from mardi gras. They were pulled over in the middle of no where for no reason. the first thing the cop says when he walks up

" Sir do you know that prostitution is illegal in the state of Alabama? "

It went downhill from there. The cop didn't believe they were married even after seeing their military ID.:smashfrea

"I get up to the SUV at the head of the pack and he won't pull over. So I flash him the beams and he still won't pull over. So I go to pass in the right lane and he speeds up to 75mph. I floor it and complete the pass. The SUV had volunteer firefighter plates on, and after I passed he quickly flashed his red dashboard-mounted strobes, just to try to freak me out a little. Then, in typical fashion, he tailgated me for a few miles."

This guy is known in certain professional circles as a "Chool",( I believe a contraction of Chump and tool) probably has quite a few "I fight what you fear" T-shirts and spends the majority of his firefighting time on the "dark" side of the engine trying to look busy.

I am reminded of Nike's brilliant series of commercials :

"What if we treated all athletes like skateboarders"

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHsemRRvVrM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHsemRRvVrM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYYpcCDSMz0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYYpcCDSMz0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

There's more. Check on Youtube. The one with the runners is really good too.

I don't skateboard at all but I respect the right to skate. I try to attend the annual "Board Meeting" in support.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycIrvs7p5To&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycIrvs7p5To&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

• 2 years later...

This cop was fired by the Baltimore Police Commissioner three years post-incident. In the final analysis, the cop was deemed to have failed to have followed procedures but there was no finding of brutality or misuse of authority. The panel that heard the case issued a recommendation that was really watered down and the commissioner took matters into hand and sacked him.