Note to New Members ×

For the ladies...

kinpa

Do you ride in women's specific boots? If so, did you get them new? Or used?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ride in women's specific boots? If so, did you get them new? Or used?

• Yes, I have women's specific boots which I purchased new.
    • Yes, I have women's specific boots that I found used and got a good deal on them.
    • No, I ride in men's boots.

How many of you ladies have women's specific boots? If so, did you have to buy them new, or were you able to find a used pair? I've been through so many boots that just didn't fit right. I do like my Raichle's, but I'm wondering if a women's specific boot would be more comfortable

Are there even boots out there anymore for alpine that can be considered "women's specific"? (i am asking out of genuine interest because my girlfriend wants to get into Alpine) the Deeluxe T225 seem like the closest thing, though theyre not really molded specifically for women.

My wife rides the "old" Raichle 225 with tongues from a set of 224's. Not women's specific, but not marketed as "men's" either. The cuff height on those suggests "men's boot" but the lower portion on the SB series seems to make her feet much happier than they made mine.

I ride women's specific softboots (Salomon Optimas), and unisex hardboots (Deeluxe Track 225s, which are the same shells as the old Lemans/SBs from Raichle). I don't know of any women's specific hardboots.... I have really narrow heels and small, low volume feet.

Assuming we're talking about hardboots, the 225s were pretty much my only option with 22 mondo hooves. They fit well enough, and they're pretty comfy, although I'm not a huge fan of the cone-shaped toe. A good bootfitter and custom footbeds helped a bunch with comfort and fit.

My feet actually measure around 24 mondo, but I had to size down to 22s to find the right fit.

For my riding, adding yellow spring BTS and loosening the top buckles a bit helped me get some additional flex.

Hope this helps!

Rebecca

Are there even boots out there anymore for alpine that can be considered "women's specific"? (i am asking out of genuine interest because my girlfriend wants to get into Alpine) the Deeluxe T225 seem like the closest thing, though theyre not really molded specifically for women.

oughta find some for RC as well POW, we'll make a hardbooter of her yet

Pow

you can find those Vega boots on ebay germany quite often, for very cheap. yeah...shipping will be a bit more, but not all that bad total price...

sorry...I guess this is kinda more useless info, Kinpa.

I actually got my current boots from Germany's ebay about 2 years ago. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I spent a year in Germany as an exchange student, but I must say my German is a bit rough.

Raichle SB413 L is one model that was specifically meant for women. That shell had 3 buckles (only one on the cuff). Same shell, in M designation (mens) had 4 buckles.

Same deal with Raichle SPA... L and M designations.

There was a "spa mens?" I thought the spa lady was just a 3 buckle 413...

Kinpa...you almost don't need to know german even...but I use babelfish when necessary.

I ride an older (okay, old, very old) pair of Burton Freecarves which I believe are women's. Bought them new and had Raichle bladders custom fit for them. The boots work as a part of me, not against me or despite me. Great tools. Also, I have verrrry big calves -- I was able to get longer bails. Haven't needed to look for new ones since. Good luck on your quest.

• 2 weeks later...
There was a "spa mens?" I thought the spa lady was just a 3 buckle 413...

Kinpa...you almost don't need to know german even...but I use babelfish when necessary.

It wasn't women's specific, the L did stand for ladies but it was only because the shells were smaller sizes. 22-26 had 3 buckles, 27-31 had 4 buckles and were labeled M. This was very confusing for those guys with smaller feet fitting into a 26.

No women's specific boots are currently on the market, nor have they ever been REALLY.....

When I got my first pair (Raichle 121) more than a decade ago, I never even thought about specific boots for women. When I got my new Head Stratos Pro 2 years ago, I knew the Vega were available but only on ebay. I couldn't try it on so I just dropped the idea. I also had the feeling the Vega were low end boots. (?)

Besides having specific boots for women, it would be great to have a bit more small sizes available. My Stratos are a bit big and in 2 years I never found my size (26) in store. I don't even talk about the Deeluxe Track..

As for specific products for women in general, I think that for the brands, it's too complicated to deal with...this week I bought some googles but I had a hard time to find one confortable, the guy in the store told me to check the googles for junior:(