Note to New Members ×

Do I want a Tanker?

twelsch42

Anyone know what year this one is? And/or have any info about it.

I'm meeting with the seller today and am thinking about picking it up to try out. He said it's about 5 years old.

You need to talk to svr about that one. Probably heavier that a newer one(like my 02/03). I t may be more than 5 years old. Looks nice from the little photo, though.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 182 should be on the way.

I have another question (I know, they never end). How's the tune on these boards from the factory? Do I need to bevel and tune my edges before the first ride out? I thought I remember someone complaining about the factory tune (or lack of), but I'm not sure.

For me, it doesn't matter who the company is, I will do the edges to my specs and wax for the conditions of my hills. I never trust the tune of the manufacturer as I can do a better job by hand than they do with their machines. Also manufacturers don't know what I like my bevels to be set at.

Ink

I'm meeting with the seller today and am thinking about picking it up to try out. He said it's about 5 years old.

I believe that is the vintage that Jim Callen had briefly (until he broke it). You might ping him.

Randy, that one is a 99-00 model. pretty good board, but I would not pay more than 300 for it. it had a kevlar honeycomb strip in the core to help make it lighter...that years model is a bit heavier than most of the newer ones, hope that helps.

cheers,

sandy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my 07/08 Tanker 182 came in and I took it for a ride on some softies.

Awesomeness :1luvu::1luvu:

I love this board. I had so much fun that I didn't even bother taking the time to dial in my bindings (stupid decision, but they're going to be upgraded soon). This board really rails. It's super light weight, which I wasn't expecting from a board that length. I think my Donek FCI 171 is heavier. The board is really damp too, which was really nice for my leg.

My Catek FR2s should be in this week, I can only imagine things will get better. I'll put the time into dialing everything in too. I can't wait to try this thing out in some powder and to give it a spin with my TD2s (next season for that one).

The only slight complaint that I have is that it is a bit slower changing from edge to edge, but that's to be expected with the wider waist width (25.5 cm).

I could say more, but there's no need to since everyone that's ridden or owns one has said it already. It won't disappoint. I just have to test it out on plates, and later on, some powder - I have some pretty high expectations now, and I don't think i'll be let down.

Shred, have you tested yours out yet??

And one last thing - RJ at exoticboards was really cool to deal with. Excellent customer service. :biggthump:biggthump

Dang.. the glass on this is so nice I don't even want to mount the bindings to it..!!

Im going to try it ride it this Saturday..but the conditions will be far from optimal.. more Metal conditions.. it will be boiler plate..but Im still going to see what type of edge hold I get since it will have plates on it...!!

I'll let ya now.. but my initial reaction was,,, its stiffer than I thought it would be. So will see.. its a sweet lookin thought and the cloth fabric under the glass is cool !!

Shred

I know it's not a Tanker, but this is my run over story. My brand new Burton Canyon, on it's inaugural day. Took the three lifts to the top of the bowls, clip in and start down the cat track. Some ski team kid laying back on his tails runs right over the nose of my board.

Despite the three lifts I hadn't even actually made a turn yet and I have a big gouge out of the top sheet. If I hadn't been with a client I would have tracked the little ****er down and kicked his butt. So unnecessary. He didn't even stop and say sorry. Just took off.

:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

If they do it to me new Tanker, I will have to burn the ski team building to the ground. That'll learn 'em.

I know it's not a Tanker, but this is my run over story. My brand new Burton Canyon, on it's inaugural day. Took the three lifts to the top of the bowls, clip in and start down the cat track. Some ski team kid laying back on his tails runs right over the nose of my board.

Despite the three lifts I hadn't even actually made a turn yet and I have a big gouge out of the top sheet. If I hadn't been with a client I would have tracked the little ****er down and kicked his butt. So unnecessary. He didn't even stop and say sorry. Just took off.

:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

If they do it to me new Tanker, I will have to burn the ski team building to the ground. That'll learn 'em.

ouch.....man that sucks :( hope its just cosmetic and won't affect the board.

The Tanker 192 rides very small, it really suprised me...feels like a normal size board, but with crazy edge hold ( with snow) and large sweet spot. I took it out in the trees and it's fine, easy to jump turn, super light.You forget how big it is until you leave it on a rack with the other boards... "Look! it's Shaq's snowboard!" I heard some jibsters say.

Btw I rode my tiny F2 Respect 176 ( former pow/freeride board) for a few runs and it's a total POS compared to the Tanker in every aspect. A rock board is born.