Note to New Members ×

Tele-Board ebay

dredman

Paul, I tried a teleboard at Sunapee a few years ago. It took me a few runs to get use to it. You can't load the nose at all so I had to adjust. The teleboard is very turny, but terrible on ice. I demoed a board all day and did have fun on it, but I did not like the tele-binding set up with your heel flopping around.

This is something I'd invest in if I did not ride an alpine board. Oh and talk about a quad burner.....:eek:

nothanks - I've haerd gilmour's horror story about this thing...no interest

Matt, Gilmour hit a race at Wachusett after only having been on a teleboard for a few days and was going stupid fast. Given how turny those things are, they are not made for high speed carving.

Matt, Gilmour hit a race at Wachusett after only having been on a teleboard for a few days and was going stupid fast. Given how turny those things are, they are not made for high speed carving.

The way I heard it, JG had mastered the thing in a few months and got 4th at the "world championship" at wawa. Later that day,he was going mach 5 on it and misjudged a turn and ended up bouncing thru the woods and clocking a few trees. Makes me cringe to even think about the carnage.

hope he weighs in on this.

I carved it up at Loon with a few guys on teleboards last spring with dano.It must have looked pretty cool from the chair cuz we were having a blast with these guys.

I've never heard of one of those. That just smells like disaster to me.

What is the advantage of being able to lift your heal?

I think the idea is to allow for a more natural flex pattern. The bindings are essentially minimized down to a point load. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the idea is to allow for a more natural flex pattern. The bindings are essentially minimized down to a point load. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes I do think that's what the idea is.

Willy, yeah I do recall that John won some races on the teleboard and had mastered it. Gilmour should weigh in on this, he's probably spent more time on a teleboard then any of us for sure.

Yes I do think that's what the idea is.

Willy, yeah I do recall that John won some races on the teleboard and had mastered it. Gilmour should way in on this, he's probably spent more time on a teleboard then any of us for sure.

really need John to elaborate here but I remember him describing it like driving an F1 car and it's ability to drift into a turn and hook up much differently than a regular skinny stiff carveboard.

JG, always pushing the limits.

maybe a bit too traumatic for a weigh in ?

way ? no way ! waaaaaaaay !

You gotta try it at least once. There are usually demo days so why not. They did a few at Waterville.

The board makes you watch your front/back balance. It you screw up you can try to save yourself with the poles- usually resulting in a thumb sprain.:(

well you see, Luke Skywalker (representing the christ figure) is battleing Voldemort (representing satan). After being nailed to a Kessler, Luke is ressurected, and smotes The dark lord with his teleboard...

It is a small but elite group of men who can use the force, and ride the teleboard...

has anyone seen this tele board ridden fakswitchie?, I'm bidding on it but I really like to rideski backwards and that looks dangerous on that thing I may be better off on a noboard. I haven't used my tele boots on a board since '90, I really need to upgrade from the original terminators to the new terminatorX, no toe drag.

well you see, Luke Skywalker (representing the christ figure) is battleing Voldemort (representing satan). After being nailed to a Kessler, Luke is ressurected, and smotes The dark lord with his teleboard...

It is a small but elite group of men who can use the force, and ride the teleboard...

I'm out too....too nerdy for my taste:rolleyes:

http://www.teleboardusa.com/productlist.cgi?prodtype=boards

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDlCwYk4jvk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDlCwYk4jvk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>