Note to New Members ×

Apocalypse Snow?

dredman

available online on a french website that reissued the trilogy..will try to find the link asap!

Sequel ( 4 ) to be released autumn 2008 ( they still shoot a few scenes this winter, its going to be huge, really, but will lack monoskies and alpine set ups... lots of big Swallowtails thu, but also lots ( too much..? of skiers..sponsors might have pushed a bit i guess)

Nils

Da-yum-! This makes me appreciate snowboarding and alpine skiing and all those fun stuffs they did. though, the football scene -- i thoguht of JFK jr. either him or his peers must have seen this footage and went "hey man, lets play!"

im throughly amused with this flick.

Funny, today looking at all the powder we have in Aspen, I was thinking about how it was back in the days with Sims 1500, 1600, 1700 FE snowboards with fins- and I thought of this very movie.

I used to have a copy of that film which was bootlegged onto VHS from the Boston Ski and Sports show in 1984 where it was projected from film on the wall... it was plagued by the popcorn popping machine and ski simulator (an astro turf moving carpet) going in the background of the bootleg shot by Miles a guy who was running ski tours to Tignes.(So what.. it was all in French anyhow) I was running a sales for a snowboard camp I started in Tignes by tacking onto a ski tour company. Jeff Grell was to teach there and we were going to build the first snow cat halfpipe..I even still have the drawings from Jeff and a copy of International Snowboard magazine where I took out a 1/4 page ad for it. 8 people went..all skiers...lol it was sick bargain 15 days food lodging air lift tickets for $714. Snowboarders back then were too broke for a trip like that.

I hoped the movie would help board sales.. Of course we have no powder like that on the East Coast...so it did absolutely nothing to increase sales.. it was a very very long movie. Basically it was a road runner type plot where the monoski guys wanted to catch the snowboarder and they would come up with inane contraptions to try and catch him. He would bomb it at what looked like 50-70mph and the mono ski guys could not catch him. That is worth seeing the movie..amazing Les Arcs shot footage.

There was a sequel called Apocalypse Challenge which was not as good. and I never knew there was a 3rd one.

________

Volvo c70 specifications

episode 1: chase of the nice snowboarder by monoskiers trying to steal from him the secret of glide ( secret de la glisse in french)

episode 2: challenges between the good and the bad monoskiers ( not so good)

episode 3: USA baby...the chase in the us mountains...was shot at the end of the season it seems from the snow...not so good movie but still old school as hell and fun

episode 4, next autumn: the chase is back..