Note to New Members ×

brand new coilers

Steph

I just went in and bought a 175 RC at the Starting gate. Talk about instant gratification. See, Want, Buy. Wish I had it today with 10" of fresh untracked this morning on Stratton.

An interesting thing is they actually have Coiler demos there to try. You can atually test out some of the coilers, not sure which model boards they have on demo but I am sure if you wanted to try one it would be worth asking.

So tomorrow I will be out on my new coiler.

Alex

I just went in and bought a 175 RC at the Starting gate. Talk about instant gratification. See, Want, Buy. Wish I had it today with 10" of fresh untracked this morning on Stratton.

An interesting thing is they actually have Coiler demos there to try. You can atually test out some of the coilers, not sure which model boards they have on demo but I am sure if you wanted to try one it would be worth asking.

So tomorrow I will be out on my new coiler.

Alex

Have fun, this one needs a lot of speed, it don't like to cruise, but when you have steep groomers it will carve the mountain in two. It will rail then like you have never railed before..... :1luvu:

Have fun, this one needs a lot of speed, it don't like to cruise, but when you have steep groomers it will carve the mountain in two. It will rail then like you have never railed before..... :1luvu:

really :confused: I cruise on mine all the time....it is by far the most cruiseable board I have ever ridden...mind you everything else you said is also true but I find the RC175 to be a just about the perfect board

Hey Gecko, may be your 175 is a cruiser. But mine 180 II is somewhat stiff (type RC180 II, all options put in it, 6.9 index for my 84 kgs), feels more like a weekend competition board. It's somewhat nervous on low speeds. The board doesn't like flats, feels somewhat dull then, wants only carve on moderate to high (active) speeds and has no momentum in the low speeds. And on low speeds you can't make a balance or ridingmistake or you will notice the board wants to punish you. But with an active ridingstyle with some speed it won't loose track when you are dominant and dare to push the board you want it. Then I can rely fully on it. When I want to cruise I take my Tinkler 202 System Titanal which has enough momentum even at low speeds. But may be it's just me and my settings. I ride it with suspension kit, TD2 si and front 59, back 54. 3 degrees lift front and 3 degrees back, no canting.

Well I took the new Coiler RC175 out today. It was killer the board did it all today. They rolled out the 10" of fresh last night so it was perfect cord, which we preceded to rip to shreds. It then started dumping again adding another six inches during the day.

So I took the RC in the soft powder bumps with stashes of 12" plus powder on the edges of the trail. The board was great in the powder and the bumps.

Paulk kept me out until 3:30 I think with both have ruber legs at this point.

Sad fact is we have to go out and do this again tomorrow.

This board was a great impulse buy, that I am very happy with.

Cant wait till I get my metal all mountain 177.

Alex

To say that I was in love with my Coiler 177 All Mountain today would be understated. Fast and fun on the early morning soft cord, Stable and solid on the midday bumps, and floating thru the late day powder. Not even a metal board, and it rocked. Thanks for the great board Bruce!