Note to New Members ×

Loveland Carving Session

big mario

Woodworkmoney,

Glad you will be attending, feel free to email any of the lovey crew any time. There is at least one of us up on the weekend, and you are welcome to try my axxes any time you are up. We have some great riders and teachers within our little posse, so don't be bashful, and keep an eye on this board.

see you saturday,

mario

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loveland is my home hill.... sort of. I am looking forward to seeing all the people that make up this group of hard core hard booters. I am also in need of help. I thought coming from a back ground of ski racing, I would be able to tear up a carve set up. I was a development team downhiller, and I am skidding an 185 oxygen gs. It turns too hard in the nose and the bindings are too far forward. I will detune the nose, but the side cut is just too steep

WWM,

I am an Evergreen local also. Will be great to have you join us for the day and more. See you in a week.

Ink

I am very excited about the amount of you whom are coming to share the stoke on our little mountain on the divide! I have been looking at the long range forecast for next saturday and it looks like it's going to be a wee bit chilly,(-4 friday night, high of +16 on sat.)go figure, it is loveland after all.

Be sure to get some really cold wax on your sticks and be sure to bring lots of cold weather gear. To reiterarte one of my earlier posts, let me know what type of help we can expect on cookies, rolls, plates, plasticware and canopys, preferably by Wed, so I can make other arrangments if need be.

Thanks again, and I will see y'all on Saturday!

mario

Thanks Thor. Back in the saddle with a release from the chiropractor (NOT due to boarding). MOPOET and I will be up for the day. Looking forward to it. Saw Bola the other day and I hope that someone can guard the tent while we take a couple runs with him! Always a pleasure to catch up with other carvers!!!

Hey everyone,

I am a game day decision (just like the Chargers phillip Rivers!).

While I'm able to get around, I still need to keep my leg elevated to keep the swelling down. I'm doing all the good patient things (lots of ice) so we'll just see how it progresses through the week

CJ

Now I know why I don't hang at Loveland

:lol:

But seriously, It's getting there and back which is the issue. I've gotten real good at sitting around - it's the leg position for the drive which might be pushing it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some good progress this week.

It's getting there and back which is the issue. I've gotten real good at sitting around - it's the leg position for the drive which might be pushing it.
If it would help, I could meet you in Morrison and you could ride the rest of the way with me. We could figure out a way for you to get you leg "up" for that portion of the ride. Only one stipulation, I am leaving early!!! (through Morrison @ ~6AM)

Get your facts straight - presently a cripple - that shall pass. Currently and into the futue - capable of getting drunk.

So - right now I'm both

The difference is your ugly. When my leg heals, I'll no longer be crippled. You'll still be ugly (sorry Blue Bird - it's an old WC Fields line and I couldn't resist)

Get your facts straight - presently a cripple - that shall pass. Currently and into the futue - capable of getting drunk.

So - right now I'm both

The difference is your ugly. When my leg heals, I'll no longer be crippled. You'll still be ugly (sorry Blue Bird - it's an old WC Fields line and I couldn't resist)

as broken as your leg is and the ability modern science has to fix it, there are some things that are beyond all of the great scientists in the world, your head being one of them.

Here's to Beer!!!

"I like thieves. Some of my best friends are thieves. Why, just last week we had the president of the bank over for dinner." more classic WC :D

BM - no need to separate yet, it is finally a fair fight. He's not sober and I am

Thor - go to East Colfax, now....please!