Note to New Members ×

www.bomberonline.com - SWOARD

Hans

They probably picked Swoard's over the competition because it was a better deal and/or they liked the product beter. but the only ones that can awnser that are Michelle and Fin.

I would say it's a good deal for both everyone. It just became a hole lot easier to get a Swoard in North America, and since there isn't realy any other way, bomber more or less has the market to themself.

And now you can test boards, so people can try it and give a opinion that is based on something beside preconceptions. Wich is also good for Swoard.

So you can test it, and it's cheaper and easier to get a hold of, so everybody wins.

I think it's because Bomber already sold Nideckers and Swoards are being made now by Nidecker? It would make sense that they could just ship the Swoards with the other Nideckers? The price is obviously much better than buying direct from Swoard, but still for the price you can get a Coiler EX/GForce and a set of TD2's. But then again the Swoard could be better? Perhaps we need a head-to-head comparison of all the EC boards out there?

stop the wonders guys ;) :

We are working together because we think it is a good idea, because we appreciate each other, because we believe its the only way now to get our boards there cheaper, because TD2's are great, because we tried to work together when we started but our prod was not reliable enough regarding quantities and deadlines etc..and above all because we know our boards will be in good hands with Bomber! (We are also providing them soon with some demo boards so you can pop by and try for yourself)

We only ask (please) that you choose a flex/size that matches your weight and size ( check here for more precisions: http://www.extremecarving.com/swoard/choose.html ) and use the following settings :( again, you can do whatever you want and still ride them ok, but its a really better experience if you follow the guidelines...)

- No canting or lift ( for better backsides)

- No intec

- Less angles ( as much as possible in the back, and a bit more in the front )

as for riding:

- Rotation turns

- Push-Pull technique

all of the above explained on the www.extremecarving.com site, and well resumed by Scott in the www.alpinecarving.com section dedicated to EC.

thnx :)

Nils

Yes we have hacked echelon system and put a chip in each board, in order to give real time feedback on what serial number is ridden with bad settings :)

More seriously: those are advices! You can ride the way you want, pokkis did ride in softboots, some ride with intec, some with lift and cant etc and have fun...

Nothing's impossible, its just easier with proper settings :)

Nils

I must really admit that i was riding it mainly with softies, but hard softies (Hurricane+HBX).

Main reason for that was that then i was not comfy with those low angles at all, they made my feet kill me. But main reason for that was i was so deeply used to higher angles. Now i believe i would really go as Nils proposed, that is pretty much setup on my Fatjack too, but i think i will try that one with softies later this winter. As i will try new Swoard at Zinal, this time i really look for that :D

unlike the K2 system which just locates and gives clues about the rider beeing a communist or not, our system also allows a full tracability of EPO, cocaine, and other stuff the rider has been using... It is allowed in the tour de france, but not on the slopes riding our boards :):)

N