Note to New Members ×

Have you ever sold your favorite board?

BlueB

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volant 173. Rode it for 5 years and it still had good camber even with my 220 lbs pounding the s**t out of it. Sold it to finance my first Coiler (long decambered from a crash). Before the Volant my favorite was a Sims MFR 174. I didn't sell it though, I broke two of them and would have bought a third if I could have found one.

I have a MFR 174 MINT condition,I did'nt like it,I don't weigh enough.If ya would like to buy it,it's for sale:biggthump

But only realized it a few years after.

my '89 kemper freestyle still hurts - especially cause i still have the matching kemper one piece. That funded the PJ6 that was sold to fund a Joyride experience when the ski school wouldnt let me teach on plates.

Still have the experience in all of it's home-workshop-cut-down-tip&tail but regret selling the other two. Best boards i've ever ridden? never. favourites? hells yeaher.

had the same discussion with the Bearcat last night after he sold an old deck to make rent payments.

NEVER!!! sell your favorite board until a new "FAVORITE" board is firmly in position.

I have watched folks go through major regrets more than few times.

Just cause it sounds better doesn't mean it IS better.

Wait till you have ridden your new board in all conditions before letting go of your favorite.

Another Prior gone... My trusty WCR 181 has found a new home and got shipped today... I didn't ride it last season, at all, due to all seductive metal girls in the harem. Still, I feel a bit sad...

Noooo! I wanted to buy that! :)

Oh well. A good excuse to order a Coiler maybe. Just need to save up my allowance.

No...I rode my first carving board into the ground - it lay on the floor like a wet noodle and the base grinds to keep it flat started exposing, um, 'not base'. Burton Alp; seven years of riding.

My second one is still my 'soft-snow' board. Burton Factory Prime with seven or eight years on it. It's much too stiff for me on ice, but on machine-groomed natural snow it is a great, lively play-mate.

Last year I got a Coiler Stubby for the ice - considering I only have one day on it, I'm no-where near selling...

Only one- my first snowboard ever, a Burton Performer that I bought in 1986.

If I had kept it, it might have funded my daughter's college education....

Geo

Hahahahahaa.... don't get your hopes up..... I just sold my Burton Performer Elite 140 which my brother got at Stratton in 1985. After too many years of moving it, I finially decided that it needed to go. The second cragslist ad brought a very quick inquiry.... sold for $50, but it wasn't in very good shape. Fund your daughter's college? how old is she now and hold long were you planning on keeping it?

When I first started reading this thread, I didn't realize it was started 2 years ago. How many new favorites have you guys had since then?????

No I haven't. When I found it I bought 5 more. I've only folded 1 and I think that my knees will go before the 5 I have left.

Still haven't found my favorite Powderboard yet. I have an O'Sin Swallow and a Burton Fish that has seen 2 runs, which will probably never see another with me on it. O'Sin better.

Geo

It would be nice to have your first snowboard. The memories are more valueable than the board. An 86 selling today is in a range of 50$ to 250$ unless it is something very unusual in the way of "Color way or historical significance"

Even the "Rare" snowboards peak around 4000$. Most are well under 1000$

It is common to see the old shape, then see a rare board that is "Similar" and connect the two value wise. The devil is in the details.

To finance your daughters education it would need to be one of the Pioneers first "One offs" in order to net 20K$ or more. I have seen very few reach 4K. Although it does happen. The rapid growth in numbers during the mid to late 80s made the 86 too common to net more than a couple hundred even if it was like new condition. Brand new in an un opened box? Perhaps a thousand, but not likely.

Thanks for the historical perspective on early snowboard valuations Bryan- I think if Antiques Roadshow ever does a scene with a snowboard in it, I'm laying money that you'll be the one on the screen coming up with the details.:biggthump

I would love to do that!!!! It would be really fun to have a guy with a Snurfer and then a guy with a Londonderry. :biggthump

Geo

I might be able to help you out...

if you're looking, I have one I have considered selling. Bindings are broken, metal fins intact.

Im with S-doggy. I have a few I can make some benches out of, and I also have sold a few boards and / or given away some that I just didn't particularly care for.

Im pained as my very first board (OMG ITS A BEERBOARD!) is not going to be under my feet this season because I split the ply under my front binding and it will fold the nose some time soon if I keep riding it.

I can't bring myself to get rid of it or even take the bindings off it yet....

I will at some point, but replacing a fave board is much sweeter when you find the same one that is mint again. Its a lot less painfull than knowing its "gone".

:)

Im pained as my very first board (OMG ITS A BEERBOARD!) is not going to be under my feet this season because I split the ply under my front binding and it will fold the nose some time soon if I keep riding it.

I can't bring myself to get rid of it or even take the bindings off it yet....

I will at some point, but replacing a fave board is much sweeter when you find the same one that is mint again. Its a lot less painfull than knowing its "gone". :)

Dave. Post a photo top and bottom, I will keep an eye out for the one you seek. At one time (5 years ago approx.) I had approx. 40 "Beerboards" . I decided that was too far away from my focus and sold all but 5 or six. Some are crap, others are actually high end boards that they just changed the graphics on.

There are more of your favorite board out there. Let folks here help you find another. Shouldn't be all that hard.

Bryan

I still have my 1st soft and 1st alpine board:

Limited All-Around 163 and Hogger Booger Grinder 168. I've got a NOS clone of the Hooger, too!

Yep, I wish I had mine!! Sold it to buy the next step in the evolution.

It wasn't until I failed to sell as fast as I bought that the collection was born :eek:

In fact I may very well have it and not even know it!!! Don't ask :freak3:

I had a COILER AMX169 with 19cm waist, red topsheet. This board was the first board that I could really carve. Before getting it, I was timidly carving on occasion. Where are you my friend?!!

I think I sold it to someone in PA.

And you Sir Cap'n Morgan better be taking care of my baby.......still miss that board.

Bordy let me ride his last year and made me miss it all the more.