Note to New Members ×

Socks?

waypastfast

Ok, this may seem like a stupid question, but i am wondering if you guys wear any special socks in your hard boots? I am curious to know if thinner socks are the way to go? I have normally used regular ski socks but am finding them to thick for that 'perfect' fit in my boots. Just looking for some insight! Thanks!

Those specialized socks for skiing/snowboarding are worth extra bucks. However, if you get 'em for sale, GET 'em! I have a weeks worth. They work wonders. Two of 'em has teflon or something like that woven in the toe area as well as the hell. worth it. but got 'em for dirt cheap, when they're normally pricey.

Real thin socks for molding my liners, but I like my feet to breath, so I have my normal cotton hanes that I wear every day.

A trick for helping to keep your feet warm is to spray your feet with Arrid Extra Dry or some other antipersperant. It keeps your feet dry and therefore warm...

Ok, this may seem like a stupid question, but i am wondering if you guys wear any special socks in your hard boots? I am curious to know if thinner socks are the way to go? I have normally used regular ski socks but am finding them to thick for that 'perfect' fit in my boots. Just looking for some insight! Thanks!

No stupid question at all!

I only use X-Socks now for years.

http://www.x-socks.com/product.php?cat=21&area=41&XSID=ca0f879473fec990a17fcc851ab036f1

or

http://www.x-socks.com/product.php?cat=21&area=41&id=444&XSID=ca0f879473fec990a17fcc851ab036f1

THE best there is! :1luvu:

I use smart wool Ski racing socks(thin) they seem to give me the warmth I need. I tried some burton ones, but they didnt work. and the ultimax, didnt seem all that great for some reason.

I dont know about the antiperspirant on your feet, tried that once for tennis, and my foot was slipping a lot playing tennis

Surly wool cycling socks is what I really like-I wear'em year round. Last a long time, especially if you don't put them in the dryer on "High". Sometimes I like to put on a cotton tube sock just to freak out the guys with 30$ "ski" socks.

here's what they look like

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/SH401A01-Surly+Wool+Logo+5+Sock.aspx

Aren't they going to be wet earlier than thicker socks??
They don't get wet. Their function is to transfer moisture from your feet to the liner. This is similar to the function your polypro underwear does (and if you aren't wearing those, you really should), transferring the moisture away from your skin and into outer layers.

hanes long work for me:biggthump ive got two requirements, they have to be thin (that way they dont bunch up and cut off the circulation) and they have to go up to my shin (taking on and off boots has the potential for ripping hair out of bare legs... not fun). other than that i really dont think a "high performance sock" is going to make me a better carver:smashfrea

Smart wool or equal. BIG difference on keeping your feet dry (and warm). Thickness depends on what you wore when you molded them, and how your boots fit. I think that thinner is better, unless you need some volume to make the boots fit right without over cranking the buckles.

Do I have to buy an 1800.00 Virus to ride them on?

Well, I don’t know your riding skills, but maybe that Virus would be a good match!

Hey, at least get yourself a $300 custom foam injected Strolz liner to accommodate the $56 X-Socks :p

I thought the same 4 years ago when I bought a pair of the Carving model in Whistler. Geez, $50 bucks for socks!!! Well I still use the same pair today, and it’s the only pair of socks I used (Yea, I was em a lot ;-) !

Last month I finally bought two more pairs of the adrenalin model (had em shipped from Germany) and I know, my feet will be extremely comfortable. This $100 spent will not change my life, but the pleasure I have while I am out there…

Cheers!