Note to New Members ×

central new england gathering?

bobdea

I posted the same thing on the ride board but I am posting it here as well because if other people are like me they never look at the ride board when there is no snow

anyway, feel down for a party or some type of gathering in the beginning of May?

feel free to throw out ideas, I am game for lots of stuff I miss you guys and some of you I have yet to meet. I am returning to the east pretty soon.

Possibly a dual session type thing like maybe fishing or kayaking followed by a BBQ or something.

I should have access to a rather nice house and I live close enough to some prime trout water when I get back to the east.

I expect to see all the usual suspects, Gleb, willywhit and the others.......

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Down with that, Bob. When are you back from Cali ?

Gleb's in charge of the keg. It would be pretty sweet to coordinate a boat and some wakeboarding/waterskiing once the water warms up(~tb??).

We might be able to do it on the cape. Kite clinic ??

Lol Willy! Sure. Mall Discount Liquors can get me almost any beer I want with a week notice.

I'm down for anything too. Kiting (saving up for kite), downhill boarding (getting a vanguard loaded soon) and pretty much anything else. I have a long ass summer and our school isn't letting us take summer classes so I need stuff to do other than work.

fishing because it's the easiest thing to make all inclusive as well as I have a ton of extra gear for anyone that does not have their own rods and what not

however flatwater kayaking or canoeing could work as well

for the fishing, http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/swift.html

thats my favorite water in MA by a long shot

also, later in the year we could do the wakeboarding thing

I'm thinking to do this in early may

what about fly fishing or fishing for stripers "sea bass" for you non salt water fishing folks, down at Monomoy, "its at chatham on the cape". If you love to fly fish or just fish and have not done this, its a must do for you (just made that up-i like it).. this is the closest to fishing heaven in NE that i have done. For $15 a boat service will take you to Monomoy "south beach" where you can site fish on the flats for miles as well as just hang. You go out early and they will pick you up anytime you want. I have to look to see when the action starts "i think the schoolies start in late april early may-that means non keepers under 32" the average is 18' to 22" a ton of fun on a fly rod" later in the season you can catch 32+" need i say more..

my other passion is rock climbing.. if your game. in the local area there are a few great area's -I have extra gear- "college rock" in Hopkinton and "Quincy Quarries".

the other thought is to try one of the climbing gyms in the area "Boston rock gym" and "the metro-the better of the two" for those who would like to try and give it a go than out side for the first time "inside is the much better idea for first timers"

throw in a keg and a bbq and life is good!!!

I think a gathering of hard booters is a great idea..

hey my daughter just called to tell me its snowing in Farmington, ME. seasons not over just yet...we got to hit the loaf within the next few weekends-i bet we can get a condo for a night cheap i think my daughter since she worked there can get an additional 30% off as well so if there is any interest let me know and I will help put something together.

that's it for my 2 cents...

My last day of exams is May 11. What happened last year was that my dad drove down to help pick up my ****, I said I would follow them in a couple hours. Called them up, "I'm coming home tomorrow, staying with a friend tonight". Next day, "Coming home tomorrow, staying with a different friend tonight". So basically, that weekend would be good for me. I don't fish but I will be down with chilling for a few hours. See you soon.

Kite clinic ??
If you guys do a kite clinic, and want a newbie to join, let me know when it is an I may think about coming out. Maybe. I've been wanting to really learn ever since I got a taste of it on snow a few weeks ago with Bordy. Wind died before I really got going, but I loved what I got to experience. I would also be into some rock climbing, as I have done that a bit out here with friends. Don't have any gear for either though....

As long as it's a weekend. And you guys don't mind a girl tagging along.

Michelle, if you want to go learn how to kite...I'll make a fool of myself and learn with you. You guys would get a kick out of that display. :smashfrea

Rock climbing is my new thing; I'm in for that. I think, in gereral, it would be fun to hang with the other m******* carvers off piste and post season, so I'll tag along for whatever!

Angie

a kite clinic would be cool!

that said, I'd probably not be able to make it anywhere too far away untill later in the month, I suggested the kayaking or fishing because for both I have extra gear and both are close as well as we could go back either to my parents house or another house that I'll live at part time.

later in the year wake boarding is a possibility too, I should have access to a boat.

Michelle, if you want to go learn how to kite...I'll make a fool of myself and learn with you. You guys would get a kick out of that display. :smashfrea

Rock climbing is my new thing; I'm in for that. I think, in gereral, it would be fun to hang with the other m******* carvers off piste and post season, so I'll tag along for whatever!

Angie

You're on! I could be in for a New England trip, if you guys promise it won't rain on me the whole weekend....I'm spoiled with Colorado sunshine :1luvu:

Scott - when were you at K-town? I'm thinking it was probably me, but I can't remember. I ran into a bunch of new faces that weekend!

Michelle - just tell me when to pick you up at the airport. Hehe...:D

I am generally easy to please (insert gutter mind jokes here), so I'm up for anything the crew decides. It'll be nice to see people without helmets on!