Note to New Members ×

Big Mtn Daily Rub In....

Paulk

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on the back all morning in 4inches of january style powder. Several of the "good" spots had over 18 inches blown in. snowed like crazy all day and the last run down hogan's east was 4 inches of fresh on top of stellar groom. What a day what a day and in late march no less. as of the morning report the total on the BIG this year is 380 inches+:biggthump

Hey dredman, Give us a review of turner on Fri. :1luvu:

Schweetzer was a ft of fresh spring pow, it kept dumpin all day. Put Toolcan on the 173 Identity & chewed mostly untracked trees all day, I think he liked it:biggthump

Dr.D, if you've got another 173 ID lets talk:cool:

My sis and her husband went to Big Mtn last week and loved it .They said it was well worth the lift ticket and wished they could have been there more than one day,saying that three would have been great.Not sure I can make it this season,but on the other hand ,maybe a mini session would be in order there since interest in another mini session here at Silver seems to be played out in favor of other more summer-like pursuits.In our region,when people can see grass in their yards they start thinking atvs and golf and decide that the winter must be over.Strange phenom since the conditions are absolutely incredible.

come on up!

ITs been like early february late january here. I was on flawless groomers in the early AM saturday and then switched boards and rode 18 inch powder stashes all afternoon. the crowds were a little busier due to spring break but not bad. It looks like a full season of winter snow. we haven't had a half day of spring conditions slush yet. :biggthump

Team Shred was at the Big on Sunday. Amputator and Violator re-united. Things must have gotten really warm on Saturday while we were at Turner (which was friggin' awesome by the way) because conditions went from bad to worse as the temp kept dropping. Finally carving was abandoned in favor of a Rick's Alaskan Clam Chowder tailgate party.

post-1861-141842254986_thumb.jpg

post-1861-141842254988_thumb.jpg

We were successful in sneaking a small quantity of the chowder across the Montana boarder into Idaho. I was very anxious to finish it myself but my long haired boy that skis and eats every 2 hours, gobbled it ALL up before I even got the truck unloaded at home!!

Kudos should also go out to Sammy's delicious cookies! They too were wonderful! Mmmmm Sammy cookies! Sammy's brownies rock too!!

The highlights of the trip to NW Montana was TURNER!! Friday had 10-12 inches of pow with a total of 52 people at the hill. We had fresh lines from top to bottom all day long! Yes you could ride 2110 vertical feet with your very own untracked line all day long! Saturday brought out the sun and maybe 70 people. Still tons of lines left. John and I had the last chair on Saturday and still found a untouched line for at least 1000 vertical!

Turner is always a great time. Great glades, consistent pitch, very nice fall lines, very long runs and very little traversing. They purchased a newer groomer this season and I saw some of the best grooming I had ever seen there. Not compared to Schweitzer or Big but for Turner very fine. I think my son said it best after a long sweet powder run and much more powder in front of us..."Oh my God I just crapped my pants!"

Next Adventures...Trenching Targhee Mini-Session March 29-30 then back to the Big Mtn. for Pond Skimming April 5.:biggthump

Guest Tool Can
Hey dredman, Give us a review of turner on Fri. :1luvu:

Schweetzer was a ft of fresh spring pow, it kept dumpin all day. Put Toolcan on the 173 Identity & chewed mostly untracked trees all day, I think he liked it:biggthump

Dr.D, if you've got another 173 ID lets talk:cool:

Hola Dr D,

It is safe to say I am pretty spoiled with the crew puting me on a lot of different boards.It's like driving a different sports car every week.

Love'n it.

If you have a 173 Identity to spare that would be great.

It was strange to be concerned with Sluff management in the Steep and Deep at the end of March in the Area.

Sounds like it was good all over.:biggthump

TC

Here is a good briefing on

Enjoy

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5y7b2ogs40&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5y7b2ogs40&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7H1AMSXeJw"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7H1AMSXeJw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

April 5th is pond skimming day at the Big Fish!

That's right this Saturday is the Pond Skimming event at the Big Fish.

Come one, come all! Grand Prize $1000.

Last year we had DrD, Sqwall Guy and myself competing. I have confirmed Johnasmo, Sqwall Guy and myself for this years event.

DrD are you in?

How about West Carvin?

Anyone else interested??

I am contemplating trying some different gear this year. The Kemper Aggressor did treat me very well last year. I am thinking either the 176 Prior Pow Stick or the 201 Das Amputator.....Hmmm so many choices... I imagine Sqwall guy will be on his mono-ski. I wonder what Johnasmo is going to bring?? Could it be the Violator? Vlad? Respect? Black Betty? Fish?

Little Dredman and I will be headed up Thursday night. So we will see u-all on the hill Friday and Saturday!:biggthump:biggthump

howdy dreadman

might see you on fri, i maybe riding with a skier friend.

cant make the pond skimming, gotta work, already took

sunday off to catch the last pow day. monday was a

great soft groomer day but today was an awesome

groomer day. rode my 178 and love it, fits me well.

what a great season!!!, already thinking about the next one.

hope next years session has better conditions...

see you all laters,... west carven

Had a great day thursday every thing was wonderful. Got home and did a little work on my new office. Had massive pain (nearly passed out) :barf:and went down to my knees while moving some light boxes. Xray this AM confirms a compression fracture in my thoracic spine.:(

So the pond skim is out. :angryfire

I guess the crash I had on saturday did more damage than I thought.