Note to New Members ×

Coyotes...

Justin A.

Would somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain to me how we are going to stop people from getting guns illegaly? It's already illegal...should we make it "extra" illegal? I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I live in the 3rd safest state in the country and we have very few problems with guns here. But why should be wasting our time trying to make illegal something that is already illegal?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain to me how we are going to stop people from getting guns illegaly? It's already illegal...should we make it "extra" illegal? I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I live in the 3rd safest state in the country and we have very few problems with guns here. But why should be wasting our time trying to make illegal something that is already illegal?

Pretty simple really.

In Japan and Britain, there are very few illegal handguns. That's because there are very few legal handguns. So, the supply is limited. The "evil-doers" who would like to possess illegal handguns simply can't get their hands on them. Not easily.

In the USA, it's relatively easy to obtain a handgun illegally because it's really easy to obtain a handgun legally.

Follow?

My last post on this tired old topic unless someone spouts off more nonsense about World War Two.

The idea comes from a quote from a japanese officer. I am sure logistics were an issue however the invasion of the alaska chain proved that hopscotching down to the mainland was an untenable option. It was a small military contingent and a dedicated civilian effort that stopped the invasion of alaska. the officer was quoted many years after the war talking about many reasons why they did what they did.

And didja know that as late as 1935, the US Army developed and approved plans to invade Canada? Only the fact that every other Canadian household owns an attack beaver prevented the Americans from invading.

BTW, "untenable" means impossible. Is that what you meant? Cause it would've been impossible and untenable for the Japanese to hopscotch down the mainland to the USA. Because when they hit the Garrison at Gibson, BC, Field Marshall Bruno Gerussi and the famed Courrier du Bois Division would have repelled them and kicked their sorry asses back to Japan.

I think you already know in your heart the answer to that but as most americans they are afraid to admit it. It is called enforce the friggen laws you have instead of letting them go free in 3 months or less. Keep the perps in prison for 10-20 years minimum and the problem will be 10% of what it is today,

Justin

Reread my last sentence. We have sooo many guns in this country we have lost track of them. For years we did not have stringent enough regulations on purchase and resale, and now we are suffering the consequences of previous irresponsible gun ownership. Mistakes were made in the past and now we, if we want to take care of the problem, must make some hard choices. Register the guns, punish the owner for not locking up their gun and having it stolen, or taken to school by a pissed off 15 year old or selling it on the "gray" market. I agree with enfocing the existing laws, but that alone is not going to do it. The problem we have now is not unlike the situation we have now with illegal immigration, decades of a "laissez-faire" attitude until the problem grows into an 800 ton gorrilla. Purchasing a gun is a big responsibility. If you cannot act responsibly, then there should be a way for you to be held accountable. A little common sense goes along way.

mario

And didja know that as late as 1935, the US Army developed and approved plans to invade Canada? Only the fact that every other Canadian household owns an attack beaver prevented the Americans from invading.

BTW, "untenable" means impossible. Is that what you meant? Cause it would've been impossible and untenable for the Japanese to hopscotch down the mainland to the USA. Because when they hit the Garrison at Gibson, BC, Field Marshall Bruno Gerussi and the famed Courrier du Bois Division would have repelled them and kicked their sorry asses back to Japan.

Yes Untenable means impossible ..sort of.. It means that the risks far out weighed the benefits

A well regulated militia, being nesscary to the security of a free state....

It amazes me how often those first 4 words are dropped from the recitation of the second amendmendt. I have, at various times, refused to look at this and the silly laws threads because of the tired nra talking points that permeate our culture and "discourse" these days. I am sickened and disgusted by what has happend in the last few weeks in our schools across our country. In the name of fear and safety we have given up the 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th amendmendts, and yet we fight any attempt to appy simple commen sense to gun ownership. The latest answer to what has happend in our schools is to bring more guns into the schools and arm the teachers. Because of years of libreral gun laws perpetuated by the lobbying of the nra and others, we have made it easy for the psychotic freak bastards that have taken the lives of so many innocents in the last weeks to obtain guns either legally or illegally

I am not blaming the gun but the user. If we had long ago treated the ownership of guns with the same gravity that we treat driving a car, truck, bus, or flying a plane, I am fairly sure we would not be having this conversation right now.

mario

The militia in question is intended to be every law abiding man from 15 -50 ish.

The terms came from English common law and if you go back and read them, Not only were you expected to be armed according to your financial status in the community it was punishable to not be proficient. the problem is not in the availability it is in illegal use by criminals. Enforcement is the key and we have yet to really try. The few times that enforcement has been stressed the crime rates have dropped. I have no problem with throwing violent criminals in jail and never letting them out. I find it interesting that the same people crying about guns will be the ones crying about the violent criminals rights being violated. You can't have it both ways. In Montana recently we had a whole family slaughtered and the kids kidnapped and raped repeatedly over the course of weeks, by a man recently released from his third trip to prison for violent sex crimes. Tell me that banning guns makes more sense than keeping the perverted bastard in prison for life without parole or some other more fitting punishment. You will get as much time for insider trading in some cases. its sick. Every few years we revisit this argument and make more laws and then we don't enforce them. More laws restricting honest people and no change in criminal behaviour. IF any thing they become emboldened by the fact that they don't have to worry about getting hurt themselves. The coward picked an AMish school for a reason they are not only not armed but are pacifists. Its a perfect predatory situation. Talking points or not read the facts. READ "more guns less crime " It is data from many different government sources compiled by a man intent on proving the validity of gun control. He changed his mind after compiling the fACTS.

I am done with this thread I am taking my ball and going home:(

Sorry for the last little outburst but I couldn't resist:eplus2: I also recomend the second amendment primer which is a history of the law structure that our constitution was based on.

I think you already know in your heart the answer to that but as most americans they are afraid to admit it. It is called enforce the friggen laws you have instead of letting them go free in 3 months or less. Keep the perps in prison for 10-20 years minimum and the problem will be 10% of what it is today,

Violent crime should be life in my opinion but lets start with enforcement and actually getting them to jail in the first place.

but not legally own a gun

to set the record straight I am not a NRA member nor a gun nut, I have not shot anything in awhile, I really don't get why some of you are so fired up about wanting to take away guns, if you're worried about people in this country look in other places.

Both sides often try to make this a black and white issue, it is not so

do you know that the US has one of the highest infant mortality rates in the industrialized world?

can someone please tell me why more infants die per capita here than in than in a couple of the baltic states, I can tell you it's not the guns here.

Consider the silliness of a green party member sitting here taking sides with Ted Nugent's of the world but thats exactly whats happening

Kinda funny you said that. My father has pictures of my Grandpa's beaver farm. He raised them for that purpose. He used to keep them in dark cages to make them go cross. He would then would train them to obey commands. I wasnt the most humane process but it worked I guess. He used to ship beavers all over the country to well to do famillies that could afford the price of a properly trained attack beaver.

I should see if he still has the pictures and get him to scan them for me.

Kinda funny you said that. My father has pictures of my Grandpa's beaver farm. He raised them for that purpose. He used to keep them in dark cages to make them go cross. He would then would train them to obey commands. I wasnt the most humane process but it worked I guess. He used to ship beavers all over the country to well to do famillies that could afford the price of a properly trained attack beaver.

Flea:

That would be cool to see the photos. It's a lost art - beaver training, that is. Most of them are raised as housepets only now and are inbred like crazy just to get the flattest, largest tail possible. I've even heard some owners are getting their beaver's incisors removed because they can get a little destructive on furniture when they are in heat. Talk about cruel.

That's not quite the mental picture I get from the term attack beaver:D