Note to New Members ×

Tattoo's

jnshapiro

I want to see a carving tattoo. Now that would be worth posting.

When I think about the various things I might have tattoo'd on myself in college had they been this popular back then, I cringe. :nono: I mean, I'm still a Grateful Dead fan, but would I want a big Steal Your Face on my arm??? Or a pic of a big Graphix?

My souvenir of my mispent youth? Two vestigial holes in my left ear.

Somebody over in the WAAAY OT thread has a tramp stamp, no?

Maybe I'm weird or old, but to me getting a tattoo has about as much appeal as getting a Prince Albert. :eek:

I'm not inked, but I do appreciate good tattoos. Definitely an artform.

Shapiro: Looks good. Reminds me of fishing the coast with my family years back.

It's interesting the different opinions folks have on tattoos. Most of them (opinions) are influenced by the societies we live in. A lot of folks in the US and similar are appalled with the thought of tattooing, and yet in other cultures it's normal, and even a right of passage into manhood, or sometimes based on faith, etc.

I've been toying with the idea of getting inked, but for now, it's just an idea.

Used to be that a tatoo (and ear piercing) was a sign of who owned you. U.S. cultural thoughts are kinda based on the Bible's old testament texts that say just that. I'm 49 and ink free, but that has nothing to do with Christianity. Never could see the point...... don't want to offend, some tatoo's are pretty interesting, some on old people just look sick.

Galen, I am guessing he was in the Navy? Seems appropriate? :lol:

Ya, you betcha! My dad was also a swab. Came back from Yokohama with (get this!) an anchor on his sternum, ala' Popeye :lol: Also an eagle grasping a snake on his beer belly that he loved to roll around :barf: I'd bet more navy guys have woke up with tattoo's then all the other services combined. Something about being on a ship for extended periods of time causes them to get completely plowed on leave.

So, it is in the genes? :)

I looked up the props tat, but all I could find was anchors and mermaids etc.

Yep, I had a number of uncles in the military , some lifers. No tats for me.

Smoking , chewin, tatted up old buggers, tough as nails too. Love em, just don't want to be em. They sure had some great lies, um , I mean stories!

is a huge business now. there have been some articles about people who are changing lifestyles and have found it hard to find a job in corp. america with visible ink.

here every wanna be badass has a barbed wire tattoo around his bicep. apparently this should be intimidating.

So, it is in the genes? :)

I looked up the props tat, but all I could find was anchors and mermaids etc.

Yep, I had a number of uncles in the military , some lifers. No tats for me.

Smoking , chewin, tatted up old buggers, tough as nails too. Love em, just don't want to be em. They sure had some great lies, um , I mean stories!

Genes? Whatchutalkinboutwillis? My one pack? :boxing_sm Dad, 2 brothers, all my uncles, military. I've allways thought it would be a hoot to get a bullseye tatooed on top of my bald, pointy, misshappen head. Good thing I dont drink a lot :biggthump As far as stories/ lies go...BS is an art and should be respected and admired :cool: