Note to New Members ×

Brokeback Yankees

Jack M

Players defecting from the Sox to the yankees is among the sluttiest moves in all of sports. It's like your college girlfriend dumping you for the guy across the hall in your dorm, and you have to listen to them having loud sex on a nightly basis. Err... so I imagine.

'course, we'd take him back with open arms. We're all slobbering over the prospect of Rocket finishing his career in bean town.

i dont understand why anybody would be upset with a pro sports athlete moving to another team. they are business men first, athletes second. they have no loyalty except to the $. its not like the players are even from boston so what does it matter? your applying emotion to a business decision.

Yeah but it shouldn't be! They're supposed to love Boston and never want to leave! Like Ted Williams!

Actually Jeter has voiced such devotion to the Yankees. Always wanted to play there, has no interest in playing anywhere else. I give him a lot of credit for that.

As a left-coast Sox fan... I certainly don't bear Damon any ill will. I just hope he doesn't put up the numbers he did while he was in a Red Sox uniform :D

Anyways, fractured finger aside, Red Sox fans should be happy with Coco. I suspect that over the next few years he'll be as productive or slightly more productive than Damon.

well home season opener went well. Fenway is probably packed but I'm stuck here studying for a test before work:(

The reason everyone hates damon is because a shirt told them thats what they should do:biggthump

also, defecting to the rival team only strengthens the most intense rivalry in American Sports.

Awesome spoof.

Pop quiz: what is the most intense rivalry in world sports? Hint: not US and USSR hockey.

could it be India vs Pakistan? Cricket anyone?

HOLY SH*T!!!!!!

HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?!?!

no one has every guess that.

anyways, yes, thats right. People will die to win these games. I never had the pleasure of watching one but that maybe because I actually don't know the rules of cricket.

Congrats, you can claim your prize here

Yup, in grad school I had a statistics professor who was Indian. Every now and then he would come in to class looking all tired and dishevelled because he'd been up all night watching an Indian cricket game on satellite. Apparantly a single cricket game can take 8 hours or even days to complete!

If it wasn't that I was going to say Manchester United vs Liverpool.

Or maybe UM vs. OSU. Nah, OSU sucks. :p

I read a few years ago about a regional match in India where they didn't like one of the umpire's calls, so they pulled up the stumps (the batons-like things they stick in the ground to aim at) and beat him to death with them.

Now ya know that's getting serious ...

Intense rivalries?

hmmm, Cowboys v. Redskins comes to mind....

Cowboys v. Philly also comes to mind....

not even close to the level of india vs pakistan. They absolutly hate each other! And with pro sports in the US, most players are not from the local area of the team. With cricket, you will never, ever see a player defect because for one thing, they can't, and no one in their right mind would want to.

Jack, I heard about the thing where it could last for days and I thought that baseball games now take ridiculously long, but wow. My attention span gives out after 2 and a half hours unless I'm at the game.

Its amazing how quickly you guys turn on Damon... I've always been a Damon fan, even when he was playing for the Sox, I just wouldnt admit it. But Boston immediatley hated him as soon as he left for New York... I just don't get it...

Did you hear Damon's quote after last night's Yanks vs KC game? I can't remember his comments verbatim, but to paraphrase he said something to the effect of..."I haven't been on a team like this that can get hits and knock in runners from scoring position since my years at Kansas City."

Huh??? Johnny did you kill a few brain cells over the winter?? What about your former team...remember the one with Ortiz and Ramirez...the team that you won the World Series with in 2004????

Imus played his comments this morning and even they ripped him apart and called him an idiot!! :AR15firin:smashfrea

Damon knows who signs the checks......

Philly fans throw batteries on the field at opposing players and gave a standing "o" to Michael Irvin when he got hurt one year....I believe they'd kill if given the chance....

No we wouldn't............... :eplus2::eplus2: