Note to New Members ×

07 Deeluxe - sneak peek

Markman

just one?

point is...the AF series is the newer, updated version of deeluxe. why issue the old, outdated, clumsy SB series?

would it have been that difficult to slap buckles on the AF (suzuka and indy?)?

seems not.

The AF and SB series fit differently, and the overlap works differently. This can be a problem for some people. I found the AFs didn't stay latched well, and the overlap didn't work well at all for me. Kept getting messed up, popping buckles open, or getting hooked up on itself.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to answer a few questions here:

The AF shells are to be about 2mm wider in the toe-box area over the SB series boots.

From what we are told they started with the new buckle system (Track Model) on the SB to see how it goes. And the SB series still has a huge following. However, I agree with most here, I want to see this system on the AF shell next.

Pow: yes, we will have these new boots (Track) available next season hope to have in by October.

The AFs are too stiff for my taste and don't have the lean adjustment/drink'n'drive lever. I'd like the SB to be wider in the forefoot but hey that's what a good bootfitter is for, right?

true, but theyre so narrow that MOST people would need that done.

and..yes, the AF (suzuka) have the 5 position lean adjuster. The indy has the RAB but can be replaced.

Maybe this new SB will be just the thing for me... narrow(VERY) feet and all. Lets see what all features these new boots have. I am very interested in this as I am in the market for new boots or liners(burton fire) and my boots are aging. :eplus2:

it really looks like the only change is buckles.

fin?

the shell looks pretty cool too, with the black matte plastic and then those liners... theyre steezier than any freestyle boot ive seen! definately the best looking alpine boot on the market. and according to someone who posted somewhere, the stiffness of the black boots are close to that of an indy, making it much more supportive than the lemans.

edit: found it... it was Hans.

Guest shrederjen

Yes, I too will probably wait a year or two before replacing my 1 year old Suzukas, even though I had to replace the buckles after 13 days riding. I did find that the boot is almost (almost!!!) more comfortable riding with the lower buckle undone. Im glad they fixed that problem. A day late and a dollar short. :)

Is it just me, or does it look like as soon as you flex forward the two middle buckles are going to interfere with each other?

If you are talking about the Heads, I had precisely that problem... my ankles are rather skinny, and the buckles were right on top of each other pretty much all the time - the one day I used them was the worst day of attempted carving I ever had! The Heads aren't for everyone, for sure...

Head is still making the Stratos? I thought they were done and bomber was just doing the "clearance" work.

really?

talking to michelle I dont remember that being mentioned.

if so, then, the deeluxe is the sexiest

and about the buckles...yeah, it does look like theyd be a problem. I have the Stratos and havent run into that yet. not that I noticed at least. maybe just on the small ones.

Im only assuming, since it doesnt seem like the inventory was restocked last season and i searched all of the boots head makes and didnt find any more mention of the stratos as ski boots or snowboard boots. maybe its more of an underground project, sneaking hardboots over to the alpine gang.

you know...I dont think the hardboots were ever on their site, actually. cant remember though

pretty sure michelle told me theyll have more. reordering maybe didnt happen due to the limited market and risk of not selling out.

all I know is i want black ones!

Anyone know if the shell sizes are going to be different? In my carver.cc spring modded M26 Indys if I don't crank down the buckets to painful levels I sometime feel like my feet are going to slide out of the boot with the liners. :freak3: Maybe I should try to squeeze into a M25, or save up and lurk around for some Northwaves...

DrCR

I love wideboards and low angles.

Anyone know if the shell sizes are going to be different? In my carver.cc spring modded M26 Indys if I don't crank down the buckets to painful levels I sometime feel like my feet are going to slide out of the boot with the liners. :freak3: Maybe I should try to squeeze into a M25, or save up and lurk around for some Northwaves...

DrCR

I love wideboards and low angles.

The models Indy and Suzuka will stay with a different kind of liner. The 'new' models are just existing molds like the former symmetrical (red and other colors) 325 with some new buckles. May be a custom or a moldable liner will help?

Greets, Hans.

Sounds like you need to go smaller. Coincidentally, that was the experience I had with 26's, the 25's fit me great. BTW my feet both measure somewhere betwwen 26.5 and 27. I could probably use the 26's with a Standard liner but with molded Thermoflex liners size 25 offers ample room. I bet I could squeeze into a 24 shell but not a 24 liner :eek:

Sounds like you need to go smaller. Coincidentally, that was the experience I had with 26's, the 25's fit me great. BTW my feet both measure somewhere betwwen 26.5 and 27. I could probably use the 26's with a Standard liner but with molded Thermoflex liners size 25 offers ample room. I bet I could squeeze into a 24 shell but not a 24 liner :eek:

It's just how your feet are 'built'. My right foot measures 26.3 cm. Mondo 27 with a 27 moldable liner (Suzuka TFT) fits just right. I have to squeeze my foot a little because a have a high arch. So you see, not every foot is the same. So my advice is, just try a pair before you buy, or you must have some experiences with a certain brand because the fit of certain boots don't change that much in time. Just my 2 cents.

Greets, Hans.

Well I just remeasured my foot, and I'm suprised to find 26cm. I must have mismeasured originally when I bought my Indys. If I had made that measurement in the first place I would have used the standard go-down-one rule and gotten M25s. $400 on the wrong size. :( Oh well, guess it's a good excuse to get a new pair of boots. :D

That measurement is actually to my second toe as mine are actually a bit longer than my big toe. Not sure if it's from my Italian or German background lol. I have high-archs too. Hans, why would that, in your case, force you to roundup to a M27? FYI shoe-wise I wear a Birkenstock 42N, I say that because all my shoes from formal to my houseshoe are Birkenstock 42N/M.

Thanks,

DrCR

My feet are equaly the same I've never had the opportunity to try my hard boots on before I buy them due to nobody deals with them in my country and always buy them online.

I had to measure my feet before any of my purchase and always I bought them tight than loose. When I got them I was walking them in home alot before snowboarding and never had a problem with my deeluxe boots, not to mention that I've never had the luxary to have a thermo liners as I said there's nobody to mold them for me and not sure to make them by my own cause I'm afraid of destroy them.

My expirience is that no hard boot will be confortable from the first time, always will be the fact of break them in before you like or dislike them. I don't think that you can judge a boot from the first time you ride it.

Same happent with the boots that I'm riding now. In the begining were little bit stiff make my toes numb but after a couple of sessions they are like a glove and I'm not thinking of changing them cause I don't want to go in to all this over again.

aris.

That measurement is actually to my second toe as mine are actually a bit longer than my big toe. Not sure if it's from my Italian or German background lol.

I was always told that was a sign of intelligence. Needless to say, my feet are the same. I think I recall being told recently that only men have this trait. It came up in a discussion about spotting trannies (don't ask). :o