Note to New Members ×

15 inches overnight...

Dan

The report at Bachelor said 12". When I got there it was halfway up my thigh in many places. By day's end the official tally was 29.5", which is supported by the fact that I was finding fresh tracks in low wind at 2:00 PM. Un-f'ing-believable.

The best part - temps in the teens to lower 20's all day. It stayed powdery the whole time.

To everyone who said tthe OSin 4807 178 doesn't float well - I didn't believe you until today. I hadn't ridden the combination of really deep and really light until now. It did sink today. Any suggestions on where to go from there - would a Tanker 200 do the trick or should I go for a true swallowtail?

So, why exactly are you even bothering to post?

GET OUT THERE MAN!

Oh, I did, I did. :)

I posted that message around 6 a.m. - just wanted to share the stoke. I was parked at Meadows by 8:15 a.m., and in line at Mt. Hood Express a little after 8:30 for a 9 a.m. open.

Trust Bryan from Oldsnowboards to get up there early...he was at the head of the line already when I got there, and I wound up about 6 chairs behind him. I was a few chairs from the top when he headed down, so I got to watch him lay the first tracks under the liftline on a 200 cm Tanker...awesome.

BobD :lol: You just need better spam!

To everyone who said tthe OSin 4807 178 doesn't float well - I didn't believe you until today. I hadn't ridden the combination of really deep and really light until now. It did sink today. Any suggestions on where to go from there - would a Tanker 200 do the trick or should I go for a true swallowtail?

Interesting...I did notice that my 4807 wasn't quite as buoyant in this snow as it is in the usual Cascade cement. And I'm a lightweight rider, mind you. Mike, let me know where you net out on this.

Everyone definitely brought out their powder guns today: I saw 3 4807s, a Winterstick, and a Nitro swallowtail (Pow Pow?). I also saw a pair of skis that were significantly fatter than say, a skwal. Awesome to see all that powder gear getting some use.

The best part - temps in the teens to lower 20's all day. It stayed powdery the whole time.

I`ve recently jioned the Tanker 200 club. DEEP powder all season in Japan until I got the Tanker and then it pretty much stopped:(.

I have had one day in really windy conditions that was blowing all the powder off the windward side of the ridges, making the leeward side of all the runs about 6 foot deep. The Tanker RULED! I was the only one that could actually access most places and where ever other people were actually making progress I was blowing past them at triple the speed.

Admittedly I`ve not seen anyone else on powder specific equipment to compare it to though.

DUPRAZ or a POGO Longboard is on my shopping list for next season as I think it will compliment the 200 well.