Note to New Members ×

Questions about the TD2 suspension kit

Hans

I have some questions about this upgrade:

- how much will this kit raise your bindings?

- will lateral movement increase?

- how about the 'feeling' , will the effect be less direct steering?

- some other experiences?

Greets, Hans.

It will lift you 4.7 mm

yes

It feels great

try it they are cheap and fun and damp.

The only bummer is you will need a phillips also.(fin is still tring to get 5mm bolts)

We will have a full reveiw at hardbooter soon, we helped play with the proto pair last year and have 2 finished pairs we have been playing with!

I believe that the new disc is spacer that is bolted below the existing TD2 disc with the

provided longer bolts. Since the binding floats around the discs, it will not put a lot

of preasure on the edge of the disk like the TD1s, which is what caused the top

sheet damage. The provided neoprene pad goes below the existing TD2 damping pad.

Greg

Any photos of how this thing attaches to the board and then the binding to the thing? Is it safe to assume that the plate that comes with the suspension kit makes contact with the topsheet? I wonder if we're now dealing with potential topsheet damage like with the TD1s.

No damge it just sits under the TD2 disk and floats just like the TD2.

I really like ours! :D

I have been riding them for the last three weeks (17 days on the snow) and they are great. There is less transmission of harsh feedback through the binding yet there is still a great "feel" under foot. The suspension kit allows for the necessary dampening without any "squishy" feel. (Is "squishy" even a word?) Yet the binding does not seem "vague" it still feels precise and just a little more dampened. Try it you'll like it..........................

17 damn days already? argh.

so anyway...do your TDs have the newer supersoft yellow E-Rings, too? is it a noticeable difference from those as well?

I was going to order a suspension kit, but it looks like the screws are phillips head - any news on if and when they will get the TD-standard hex socket screws? If never, I will go ahead and buy it, but if they are coming soon, I'll probably wait...

Thanks.

kjl,

The TD2 Suspension Kit does come with standard Phillips-head screws. It was a choice between that or 4mm hex socket and we tested both and you can get much more torque from the phillips compared to the smaller 4mm hex. Also 4mm hex tends to strip in our opinion.

I would not wait for 5mm hex socket M6 screws of this length as they would have to be custom made and in small volumes that gets pricey.

Out of curiosity, what length screw does the kit use? (I supposed I could just wait and find out, I oredred one alreday ;) )

Fin, I agree that 4mm strips too easily. In fact when I used Cateks, I mounted 'em with Bomber screws so I could have less 4mm to deal with!

Mike T,

The screws on the Suspension Kit are 20mm long (stock TD2 screws are 16mm) and are stainless.

Yea, we used some 4mm socket screws on the old TD2 proto types before we had custom 5mm ones made. Man, you just breath wrong and those things stripped :angryfire Not sure why they even made that the standard for M6 flatheads?

I would not wait for 5mm hex socket M6 screws of this length

...and with that the order is in ;)

Thanks, and see you again at the SES.

*cough*me want fancy pants RAB*cough*

Re: 4mm hex - even worse are the 3mm (or smaller?) hex heads on the cant adjuster screws on my Raichle 423s - those stripped the very first time I tried to loosen them.

My kit is installed on my Axis 172 and ready for action bright and early tomorrow. By the looks of things, I'll be testing it out in powder though!

Ahaha, Mike I'm doing pretty much the same thing. Installing my kit tonight and using it on my Coiler AM172 in the 2-3ft that just fell. :p

My kit is installed on my Axis 172 and ready for action bright and early tomorrow. By the looks of things, I'll be testing it out in powder though!

Well, I tried them out today - and couldn't tell a darn bit of difference with and without, due to the 19" of powder :D

Is this designed mainly for racing or general use? Will I feel a direct and noticable diffrence? I'm using the purples at the moment. With this under it what can be expected?

I haven't ridden yet on my TD2 SI's so I don't even know what the base setup will feel like. I also have new Susuka boots, so the first day will be fun all around! :rolleyes:

Thanks

Ginsu,

Like a lot of gear we all use, the TD2 Suspension Kit is designed for all, both racers and free-carvers. It is for anyone who wants a smoother and damp ride from their TD2s as well as a bit more "movement" in the system.

If you really want to get the best comparison, ride your TD2s with out the kit for say two runs on your favorite run. Then add the kit and then go do that same run that same day. The difference will be very obvious IMHO.

Well if you think there that good I'm going to buy then! IF I don't see the difference I'll drive down to you and have you prove your case in person. Not to mention have a free tour and see your awsome machines at work, maybe have a cofee and a cookie too, then go for some runs on the area slopes.:biggthump

Thanks Fin!

I am running the newer soft yellow (opaque) E rings with the TD 2 suspension kits under them. I also have the first generation translucent yellow E rings but I have not had a chance to compare them yet. The first generation rings seem considerably stiffer then the new ones and I havent ridden the older ones since last year.

p.s.-The newer softer opaque E rings and the Suspension kits are all developments to allow a little more dampening/suspension between the board and the base plate. This development was most likely geared to racers to allow some give and to prevent the transmission of harsh feedback through the bindings to the rider.

Hi Crave2Carve, do you know the difference stiffness (in shore) between yellow e-rings & newest opaque super-soft ?

Thx