Note to New Members ×

The pogo longboard is the most expensive snowboard in the world.

RJ-PS

I am a fan of exotic boards, and I've been very interested in the market over the past few years as I've increased my skills. It seems fitting to have this list of expensive boards now that the hardbooter crew just proved that skills trump equipment, nice fellas!

This season I've seen a major shift in a few of the top manufacturers towards an "untouchable" board (board costing upwards of $750 ie untouchable by your average snowboarder).

Some other manufacturers are able to charge that much for niche markets of racers and connoisseurs that can pay for them. We are all aware of them, but I'd like to get a list with some actual numbers that people have either paid or seen advertised.

So since my knowledge is lacking I thought I would just start a list of the most expensive snowboards in the world and ask you all to help with actual numbers or ones I don't know of yet. I know many of you are riding or have ridden some of these, so please chime in with prices if you know 'em.

Burton Vapor...............$899

Palmer Platinum............$1199

Palmer Crown LE...........$899

Kessler customs...........$1100

Virus customs..............$1200

Snowblind cookie cutter.$1150

Swoard EC..................$950

Pogo Longboard...........$1575

Tinkler Customs...........$?????

Donek 190+ customs....$1100

After all, what the hell else are we gonna do before the white stuff starts falling?

Guest Todd Stewart

some of these kesslers are upwards of $1500 cdn, what makes them so expensive is the titanal construction that took the world cup by storm last year. I've also heard Bruce is going to make the titanal baords available in the near future. Unfortunatly this will tag an extra $1000 to the price tag, however to my knowledge none of this has actually been confirmed

The ultimate, most expensive as well as most beautiful board is the Miura Tekila. Its a 214cm handcrafted Swallowtail.

Its base price is 2000 euros, and since there is no order yet, the shaper is working slowly on the proto, and hasn't finished a stock board yet. He has defined almost everything since the past 2 years he is working on it, and he says the last research is on the nose. The board is a bigger version of the Miura Mucho Dinero 191cm, which is arguably the most beautiful wood work seen on snowboards... I'm sorry because my gallery is still down, but a small google image search with Mucho Dinero Miura or Miura Tekila should bring a few pics !

When i can spend that much money on a board, i'll definitely order one :) Olivier the shaper is doing around 30 boards per season, all handcrafted and he takes 80 hours per board minimum.. The Tekila is more than 3 times that time of work he told me.

Nils

Of course we are not talking about proto boards or cost of racing boards for one guy.. When you add the mold costs, or CNC programming time to one or two units produced, you often reach the 1500 euro / board cost !

Fun Topic. Lots of new stuff in the works from all the board makers!

As well as some that are just getting there stuff together. I am sure any of them would be happy to take as much money as you want to give them to build a board on par with your investment.

Burton Series 13 boards go for $1200

Series 13 is just a customization of one of their stock boards-not technical stuff, just graphics

The best thing is the name engraving-not that anyone would steal my hot pink and baby blue Feelgood ES-purchased last year for $800

When I googled the "Mucho" board it took me to that site with all the listings for boards in the drop-down menu. While cruising through it I came across the Arbor "Munoz freecarve". Anybody ever seen/ridden one of these? Obviously the site has info that is a few years old judging by the graphics/pic's of some of the boards listed. I've always loved the "wood" look of Arbor snowboards, having a carver with that look would be cool :D

Have fun,

Paul

p.s. Whitey, nice avatar....I thought it was mine at first!

Actually there's a new upgrade for this season.

Most expensive board would be 190+, custom, olympic construction $1350.

The new site should be up this week so you can read about the olympic construction. Standard race or freecarve upgraded will run $850.

When I googled the "Mucho" board it took me to that site with all the listings for boards in the drop-down menu. While cruising through it I came across the Arbor "Munoz freecarve". Anybody ever seen/ridden one of these? Obviously the site has info that is a few years old judging by the graphics/pic's of some of the boards listed. I've always loved the "wood" look of Arbor snowboards, having a carver with that look would be cool :D

Have fun,

Paul

p.s. Whitey, nice avatar....I thought it was mine at first!

I used to see a few Free Surf boards that had the wood grain topsheet. I am not sure if it was a see through to the core or just a veneer but it might satisfy your thirst.

Free Surf

• 2 months later...

I see Pogo has a new one to top the list at 1979 EUROS:eek:.

http://www.pogo.biz/shop/product_info.php?products_id=377

Still if I had the cash I`d have one just to try it......... I mean it must surf the powder for you at that price.:rolleyes:

Back in reality though, the 180 longboard looks like my dream board come true.

I´m into to my second season on a 180 Pogo longboard and it´s worth every penny. I get stoked just by looking at the wood topsheet and you can go out in the pow outside a slope and then just go back into the hardpack and carve a really fast backside and it holds the grip. It´s a really good freerider for hardboots. It´s tight turning and a good floater in POW

This christmas I been mostly on my Pogo leaving the carvedeck in the car.

Mats

I had one in my hands 6 years ago that I got Bob Carlson at Arbor to send me, before they grew to where they are. The board was beautiful, but I never got to ride it. Since then I have been bugging him to sell me one if he can find one. He says that he only has one(for him) and they are impossible to find for sale. A buddy of mine who owns a shop keeps bugging him too, everybody call him so they will start doing a few.:AR15firin

Guest tdinardo
You buy a new $800 Volkl and $250 td2's (with coupon) without consulting the wife, she divorces you and you lose your $500K house and $40k Acura to her? That price would be hard to beat.

I don't think TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) counts.... :freak3: