Note to New Members ×

MySpace.com - anyone using it

Guest Randy S.

Guest Randy S.

I'm working on a report about online communities and MySpace in particular. I'm kind of out of the demographic for its appeal. Anyone here using myspace in any notable way? Can you either post or email me to share your experiences. At first blush it looks like a place for sex and drugs. I have nothing against sex and drugs, but is there more appeal than that?

That seems to be the prevailing thinking. So why are they so damned successful?

Aisling? I figured you'd have an account there.

I really don't understand the success either... I have some friends here at school that post everyday in the Blogs, and read other people's blogs religiously.... It's amazing at how much S*** that can stir up in the Drama department. Personally, I don't see what the appeal of telling the world what you did at a party last night is....

And for anyone interested, here's mine: Welcome to D-Rock's world...

Aisling, since it was there, I had to check out your MySpace pics. I must say, nice A$$ :D

Here's my newly minted Myspace site,

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=29243720&Mytoken=040C3BC8-1731-47E7-A1B50F151941240D1006766046

I had to find out what all the fuss is about. I expect messages from hot women to be rolling in any minute now.