Note to New Members ×

James Cherry

1xsculler

An awesome carver for sure!

With all of the monkeying around he does with a multitude of soft boots and many, many bindings I’m surprised he hasn’t addressed hard boots, more positive angles and narrower boards!

• Confused 1

On 3/29/2024 at 4:23 PM, 1xsculler said:

I’m surprised he hasn’t addressed hard boots, more positive angles and narrower boards!

Yes indeed, we NEED TO TALK ABOUT JAMES CHERRY. I read the snowboard forum. 

I also thought the same and I asked him if he could do a comprehensive guide on hardboots. But he is meant to become a Youtube Star and hardboot videos are watched by a 0,0000000001% of the population so no bizness here.

In all seriousness, I would say with very minor tweaks his softboot technique is very similar to the hardboot one, as he was a hardbooter it seems.

17 hours ago, Hug Masso said:

Yes indeed, we NEED TO TALK ABOUT JAMES CHERRY. I read the snowboard forum. 

I also thought the same and I asked him if he could do a comprehensive guide on hardboots. But he is meant to become a Youtube Star and hardboot videos are watched by a 0,0000000001% of the population so no bizness here.

In all seriousness, I would say with very minor tweaks his softboot technique is very similar to the hardboot one, as he was a hardbooter it seems.

My guess is that’s about the same % of softbooters that watch, or have any interest in, pure, S-turn, pencil line carving!

In my past 200, or so, trips to Crystal I have observed only one other snowboarder attempting serious carving

Since the first moment I watched Pure Carve (VHS) in about 2000 I’ve thought pure carving was the coolest thing on planet earth BUT none of my ski buddies, children or their spouses nor my grandchildren, most of whom are snowboarders, have any interest in it whatsoever…blows my mind but I will press on until I can’t almost always by myself at Crystal!

Hard, soft, 55/55, 30/20, duck, steep, flat…I couldn’t care less so long as the goal is connecting pencil line S turns!

Having just become aware of James and Lars on YouTube and having Ryan thrown into the mix on one of those vids has been revolutionary for me!  A total values clarification!

I’m on a ten year plan, i.e. win another Big Head of the Charles medal when I’m 85 and 90…LOL…a lot of moving parts to accomplish that AND connect as many S shaped pencil line turns as I can before I can no longer pick my ass up when I fall over on a flat surface in the lift line…that can be problematic!

17 minutes ago, BlueB said:

ABOUT

Nah, just kidding. I was refering to the name of the thread in snowboardforum.com which has the exact same name and is a million pages long.

3 hours ago, dredman said:

One of the most stylish and strong I know

I can imagine. I repeat it is a pity I haven’t been able to see him in hardboots, I am still building my skills and style and while my local resort has not the best groomers and needs a more versatile approach, I like his steep-look-easy carving style. I must admit the Lars Justaride channel style is also extremely good. 

Edited by Hug Masso