Note to New Members ×

New Priors - 05/06 Lineup

Mark.Andersen

Funny has almost same specs as the Swoard :) (161-167-171 and 23cm width)

Chris we are going to sue you! Our lawyer is yours ;)

Welcome to the wide carving board club!

Love the website too...but until further notice, Donek's is my fav in the business!

Nils

ps: wanna try it!

They had one live at the SplitFest demo day in Tahoe last spring. It was fresh out of the press and wasn't waxed or tuned so I didn't get to take it for a spin. It really looks like a wider 4WD, but with a flex about halfway between the 4WD the bigger Men's Freerides.

If I didn't have a 23cm Coiler AM169 on the way, the ATV would be hard to pass up.

They had one live at the SplitFest demo day in Tahoe last spring. It was fresh out of the press and wasn't waxed or tuned so I didn't get to take it for a spin. It really looks like a wider 4WD, but with a flex about halfway between the 4WD the bigger Men's Freerides.

If I didn't have a 23cm Coiler AM169 on the way, the ATV would be hard to pass up.

I could take that Coiler AM169 off your hands to "open" up a spot in your quiver if you like :D

Hmmm.... damn Prior! Well, we'll see if I like the Proton 165GS that I got... if not, there may be an 164 4WD or 161 ATV in my future... heaven help me! Well maybe I'll wait until the demo tour comes back to Tahoe.

I could take that Coiler AM169 off your hands to "open" up a spot in your quiver if you like :D

Hmmm.... damn Prior! Well, we'll see if I like the Proton 165GS that I got... if not, there may be an 164 4WD or 167 ATV in my future... heaven help me! Well maybe I'll wait until the demo tour comes back to Tahoe.

I was wondering why they didn't offer the 4x4 164 before - seemed like a good size for leaner folks...

It just dawned on me that for the 1st time since I started snowboarding I have no complusion to buy a new deck this year. I can't imagine a day for which I don't have an excellent tool!

I was wondering why they didn't offer the 4x4 164 before - seemed like a good size for leaner folks...

I know! I just install Adobe Reader 7.0 and can actually read the specs. Hmm... the ATV is intriguing, but the shorter sidecuts don't interest me for hardboots (I would want a 10.5m at least), but for that much money (~600) I think I would go for broke (literally since I think it will be in the 900 range) and try to get a Swoard. And for a softboot board I would rather go with the wider waisted Tanker 162 (which so many people rave about). We'll see if my discipline fails me.

Me, too. Powder day - AM172. Groomer day - AM172. Bump session - AM172. I could go on...

I could same the same about my Axis 172 or my AM 182. But on a hero-groomer day my PR 188 is just SO MUCH FUN and on an icy day my Madd 170 allows me to carve above my true level and in deep pow my OSIN 178 is just SO MUCH FUN... you get the idea :ices_ange

Welcome to the wide carving board club!

Love the website too...but until further notice, Donek's is my fav in the business!

Funny you should mention that...

I had Sean build me a 23.5cm wide at 180cm a few years back.

It was the best carving board I have owned by far.

The leverage is incredible.

I am a wide board fan.

Ken D :biggthump

Will that change by November or December? ;) It always does for me...

I have an interesting feeling it's not going to happen this year. I've spent way too much time this summer dreamin (and daydreaming) about riding the gear I already have.

Although depending on how much use my Axis 172 gets, I may order a new one for the season after... :rolleyes:

I could same the same about my Axis 172 or my AM 182. But on a hero-groomer day my PR 188 is just SO MUCH FUN and on an icy day my Madd 170 allows me to carve above my true level and in deep pow my OSIN 178 is just SO MUCH FUN... you get the idea :ices_ange

the PR has gotta be one of the all time favorites on good fast snow and the Madd is a unreal on ice, that said the AM is close in both respects

for pow I like wide and long the biggest Osin does not quite cut it for me