Note to New Members ×

Reasons I hate summer

tex1230

1) I no longer live in California, so my season ends in April

2) Business is slow and I don't have time or money to travel to the southern hemisphere for snow

3) My wife has banned all snowboard videos for the next month because I was watching them every day and she was getting annoyed

4) staying in shape for winter is boring...endless laps in the pool and hours in the weight room bore me to death.

5) I keep drooling over the really nice equipment that's for sale sooooo cheap in the summer...it's like torture

6) I keep getting e-mail from "friends" in Portillo and Las Lenas - pure torture

I'm sure more complaints will come...

1) I live in Jersey my season ends in March

2) Work is busy so I have no time to take off to go down south

3) Wife does not allow snowboard video's in the house

4) Actually I like jogging/running on my treadmill and using the bowflex :p

5) same

6) I don't have any friends

1) People from the East Coast flood Mt. Hood, driving up ticket prices and crowding the slopes so much I can't stand to ride more than three hours at a stretch.

2) Work is busy so I only have four or five hours of daylight to longboard or cycle at the end of the day.

3) Girlfriend has no interest in snowboarding so instead of watching videos, I'm forced to join her on hikes in the <a href="http://www.photo.net/photo/pcd1661/columbia-river-gorge-49.4.jpg">Columbia River Gorge</a> and Forest Park.

4) Haven't set foot in a gym for way too long, so no comment here.

5) Interesting longboarding, dirtsurfing, and cycling equipment means that the gear buying season now extends year-round.

6) My friends keep trying to drag me off to kiteboard or windsurf, but longboarding, cycling and the girlfriend (see point #3) keep me too busy to join them.

Yeah, you're right, summer sucks! :-)

Guest Randy S.

1) It doesn't rain a drop at my house from May-Oct so I'm never sure its really going to snow again.

2) Temp never goes above 95 or below 59 with approx. 35% humidity so I can't choose which outdoor activity to do first

3) Motorcycling saps as much, if not more money than snowboarding and so I'm broke

4) Need to come up with thousands in cash mid-summer to pay for season pass, kids' passes, ski lease - eating lots of Top Ramen

5) I live in CA so I don't get to go to Lake Winnipesaukee enough (leaving tonight)

6) Forking friends send updates from Chile making me jealous

7) BOL traffic is so slow that I feel compelled to post in every stupid OT topic - including one on Guns, something I know absolutely nothing about. It is so hard to satisfy my snowboarding jones. Then threads make me fantasize about Michelle/Ais girl on girl videos and I can't get any work done. :ices_ange

I love summer. I also love winter. I HATE the inbetween when it's too cold to camp but the hills aren't open yet, or when the snow sucks in May but it's too snowbound to hike. But if not for this three months of the year, my house would fall down.

I also hate that I have not yet won the lottery, so I could snowboard 50 days a winter instead of 50 days in 10 years.

1. I live in Washington so I have to hike about 8,000 feet to find bad snow. 2. My motorcycle just barely takes the edge off, even though it's almost brand new. 3. My wife doesn't board, so she does not understand all this jonesing for winter. 4. I've still got to split another board before winter, but outside projects are killing me!

Hmmmm....1.It's been about 95 here daily since late April, except those days it actually got to about 101

2. It's so humid, I don't need a pool to swim, I just walk outside...

3. Can't see the stars because the heat and humidity cause so much skyglow, my limiting magnitude is about 2

4. I've worked every day since the end of my vacation, I haven't had any daylight to grab the longboard and ride

5. Frizzy hair...need I say more :barf:

6. I have about 8-10 days yearly to ride-pretty good considering I live in SE TX. First trip will be in January, unless I figure out a trip for December-maybe NM

Friday, August 12 (18:13) - ww

The Cape looks like the REAL juice for saturday: West Falmouth 6A 7A 8A 9A 10A 11A 12P 1P 2P 3P 4P 5P 6P 7P 8P

Speed (knts) 11-15 17-21 19-24 20-24 16-20 10-14

Direction SSW SSW SSW SSW SSW SSW

Kalmus 6A 7A 8A 9A 10A 11A 12P 1P 2P 3P 4P 5P 6P 7P 8P

Speed (knts) 14-18 16-21 20-24 20-24 18-22 16-20

Direction SSW SSW SSW SSW SSW SSW

West Dennis 6A 7A 8A 9A 10A 11A 12P 1P 2P 3P 4P 5P 6P 7P 8P

Speed (knts) 13-17 17-21 19-23 18-22 16-20 14-18

Direction SSW SSW SSW SSW SSW SSW Healthy SW increases through the morning, building to an early pm max. Becoming less reliable through mid to late pm.

Canadian low pressure system sending a slow moving cold front southeastwards across Northern New England through the day. Results in tighter SW pressure gradients through much of the day. Mid to late afternoon may see slacker gradients arriving from the west, with shower and thunderstorm threat.

• Cloud, and shower development possible as early as early pm around Plymouth. May see isolated thunderstorms flaring up through mid to late afternoon and spilling across the Cape.

• SW flow underway from the outset with healthy builds into the mid to upper teens through the morning. Eventually building to low twenties with higher surges possible around midday.

• Outer Cape winds should hang in there through mid to late afternoon, but may become less reliable. Kalmus and West Dennis more at risk, with Buzzards Bay prone to dropping lower. Watch for messy conditions in and around any late day showers.