Note to New Members ×

Sugarloaf 23/24

Jack M

ya. the video quality is pretty bad, but what an amazing last six days it has been! we got some phone clips so just put together a little thing here to share. we finally got a few days of mid winter conditions and good grief am i beat. definitely missed some folks this time around, but maybe next year. for those that made it, you know this hack job of a video doesn't do it justice. a tip of the hat to all!

Edited by dhamann
edit for some larger screen clips and a few changes. yes i know music clip stops short. run whatya brung
  • Like 3

@Spiny Norman most have given up after reggae. by most i mean the whole town, restaurants, services, etc.. ie. likely some of food "specials" if you can find something open. can be 50/50 for any kind of service. BUT they'll likely be spinning through April. bring everything you think you may need like if you're camping or backcountry with lift access. its a tall order this year, but making it to May is the standard goal. "king of spring"

don't expect much grooming, etc. it's a scene and always fun to ride in the spring there. going to try and make another short trip up myself, but 50/50 at this point.

*don't tell anyone. "Killington is where it's at."

I'd go before Reggae if you can.  30" of snow since 3/10 have turned things around, and another foot is predicted tomorrow.  But next week it gets mild and there is r*** in the forecast.  The weekend after Reggae they usually have the pond skimming contest, so things will still be going then weather permitting, but don't expect any carving.

• 2 weeks later...

I see how you are, stealing all of our spring snow...

Was hoping to attach a hillbilly weather report, but I guess he is out of commission at the moment😟

Enjoy, but watch out for those inbounds avys

Mario

Edited by big mario

That and a few others that I saw last week. That amount of snow is so insane for back there. I remember a few  nor'easters from my youth on the jersey shore, but this is crazy for you! Don't get powder fever!