Note to New Members ×

Sugarloaf 23/24

Jack M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm planning a New England Ikon working road trip next week. Riding in the mornings & working in the afternoon/evening. Definitely planning to spend a couple of days at Sugarloaf. Anyone up to meet up and ride? My schedule is flexible, so I can work my days around when others are available.

On 2/27/2024 at 8:09 PM, fluxgame said:

I'm planning a New England Ikon working road trip next week. Riding in the mornings & working in the afternoon/evening. Definitely planning to spend a couple of days at Sugarloaf. Anyone up to meet up and ride? My schedule is flexible, so I can work my days around when others are available.

Sorry I missed this.  The weather has killed my mood.  I do believe carving season is over here.  Did you go already?

2 hours ago, Jack M said:

Did you go already?

It was a disorganized start to the week, but I just drove up to Killington and am posted up here for tomorrow morning. Don't have much in the way of expectations, but any time on the mountain is better than time at my desk.

I'm holding out hope that the storm Sunday brings some snow, in which case I'll be up at Sugarloaf early next week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 6:34 PM, Jack M said:

I do believe carving season is over here.

Feeling any more optimistic about conditions up there? I ended up spending a long weekend last week up at Sugarbush and had a bunch of fun there. Planning to head for Maine this afternoon and spend the week up there split between Sunday River and Sugarloaf.

Edited by fluxgame

It has snowed 19" in the past 7 days.  This has really saved the remainder of the season barring another premature meltdown.  But it's drizzling now.  Nights will be below freezing all week, so that will mean ice in the beginning of the week.  2nd half of the week could be good for carving after a few nights of grooming.

• Like 1

Heavy snow but it’s natural and great coverage. Saddleback was like winter yesterday. Loaf was like spring two days ago. Winter again at loaf. Should groom out real nice. Bucksaw is gonna be rippin. Looking forward to the next few days. What a difference a week makes! Whole week will be worthy. Even if @GeoffV shows up. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Check the weather.  Possible wind holds Thursday.  Snuck out for a couple hours today with @dhamann, was surprisingly good on the upper mountain.  HB worthy.  It must have gotten snow while I was getting drizzle at the condo.  This will probably be the last good week for carving.

weather.com for Carrabassett Valley:

image.png

The forecast goes to shit for several days starting the 26th.

21 minutes ago, Jack M said:

Gondi Line top to bottom was all-time today.

Didn't get any video of my excellent slarving? 😅

Had fun riding with you guys! Even if the terrain was a bit above my skill level.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, fluxgame said:

Didn't get any video of my excellent slarving? 😅

Had fun riding with you guys! Even if the terrain was a bit above my skill level.

Ha!  Sorry we went for all the steeps, but today was the day for it.  I haven't had a day like that all season.

25 minutes ago, Corey said:

That smile in the first clip says it all! 😃 Looks awesome!

@dhamann brings it.

These clips are on one of the steepest groomers on the mountain, not that the camera really shows it.

• Like 2

One for tha books for sure. I’ve had a few of those this season but… come on. We ride. We rarely film but stoked to grab a couple clips and be a part of the day. Until tomorrow. No sun but guns will be out. 

• Like 1

Probably no carving for the next few days, but for good reasons - 11" last night and another foot predicted for Saturday.  🥳

Next week starts with some chilly nights so maybe some morning carving then.