Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you really just post that without a "SPOILER" in the title? YOU ARE A TOTAL IMBECILE AND HAVE VIOLATED SOME OF THE MOST IMPORTANT RULES OF ONLINE ETIQUETTE BY DOING THAT. I HATE YOU. WE ALL HAVE TIVO, WE DON'T WATCH TV DURING THE DAY ON WEEKENDS AND NOW THE WHOLE GAME IS RUINED FOR ME. DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN. YOU SUCK. /RANTOFF

Oh wow, I'm truely sorry. I really am. I completly forgot about that. :smashfrea

Trust me on this though, watch the game anyways. It has some crazy moments and even if you do know what happens at the end, you will still be really suprised. It was an amazing game. Again, I'm truely sorry for ruining it for you :(

My team got third place.... AND my number was the star player!!!

I think Italy deserved it after Zidane.. One of the first things we learned as peewee's was good sportsmanship.

Well my team won!

At least my theory is that Italy beat Australia in VERY controvertial circumstances in the 2nd round, so sine we should really have beaten them and they won, it means we should really be the winners.

Does everyone see the logic??? :freak3::freak3::freak3:

Sorry Gleb. I was watching the game when I read that. OT had just started and I was pissed off. It didn't make that much difference in my enjoyment of the game. It just took some of the surprise away. But I shouldn't have gone off like that. Oh well.

Sorry Gleb. I was watching the game when I read that. OT had just started and I was pissed off. It didn't make that much difference in my enjoyment of the game. It just took some of the surprise away. But I shouldn't have gone off like that. Oh well.

No really, don't worry about it. I defintly deserved it. I would've been just as pissed. It wont happen again.

dying hair and fixing the webcam aren't dates.

the others sound ok...although I would probably throw the ice crfeam with the go karts and the air hockey...

another good one...Hike to the top of the moiuntain, and then have wine and cheese over sunset. be sure to brinbg flaqshlights for the hike back down.

Noah, in another lifetime you would have stolen my heart. PM me to your faults, because they are hard to see on the OT. Are you just showing off??? :1luvu:

Here in Summit County, the land of a quantity of men with (the majority) no quality (sorry to the locals), we don't typically have dates. We "hang out" with friends, or at parties, and then you "hang out" more with other friends,but the size of the group will get smaller as you go. If things go well, eventually it is just you and the person you like "hanging out", but not dating. This way if one person (usually the guy) changes his mind, he can say "we're just hanging out, we're not dating" and it relinquishes all responsibility. It's completely ridiculous, very confusing, and no wonder no one gets anywhere here.

I think your ideas for a date are great, however, you would have to clarify if these are first dates or second, third, etc. A lot of people would shy away from a first date where the inviter cooks them dinner - a little intimate maybe? I don't know. I love the go karts, football or hockey game, concerts, anything athletic (biking, climbing, sailing, etc), but I especially love the hiking to watch the sunset (or rise) with drinks and a picnic.

A girl can dream, right???

Gleb, nice road trip! Disgusting display of glutony, but nicely done.

We just RV'd thru Summit, ate in Frisco, then motored on 24 down to Leadville...

Nice....

I'd definitely fish elsewhere and lure your new man to Summit Co....

My husband went from thinking Grand Co real estate to Summit with just one trip....

I had been arguing that we should venture out for a trip to A-basin or Loveland when we are up for our March trip, now I won't have to...

Michelle...

the faults are there too...I'm bad with money, I'm overweight, out of shape (unless round is a shape), and Lindsay will tell you that I have no concept of time...

The best first date I know of was a friend of mine, and the girl he married.

They met at a college reunion, briefly. the next weekend he and I and some friends were in NYC to see a potential partner for him. When we got home, decided that the girl from NYC wasn't right, we hatched a plan. He wrote her a letter, and simply told her where to meet him, at a waterfall, a short hike away from the road...he had dinner reservations, adn a room at a B&B. He told her only to leave a message at his home phone, during the day to ensure he wouldn't be there, as to wheter she would show. He didn't talk to her from the day they originally met, until they met again at the waterfall. As I said, they are now married, with 4 kids...

All to often, it is the hanging out scenario, which ceases to be hanging out when some one asks: "Can we call you boyfriend and girlfriend now" (which of course saves helps to ensure that that conversation doesn't have to happen...your on the spot). then you are suddenly dating.

I always love it when I ask some of my friends how they met and they say "we hooked up in Bar". Can't wait to tell the kids that romantic story!

me...I had to work on convincing Lindsay for 2 moths that she should date me. Perseverence pays off...

thanks michelle. After the whole trip, I can't really say that our bowels were moving. Makes me kinda sick thinking back.

ncermak, the waterfall idea would be kind of creepy if the people didn't actually know each other. Pretty cool otherwise.

We just RV'd thru Summit, ate in Frisco, then motored on 24 down to Leadville...

Nice....

I'd definitely fish elsewhere and lure your new man to Summit Co....

My husband went from thinking Grand Co real estate to Summit with just one trip....

I had been arguing that we should venture out for a trip to A-basin or Loveland when we are up for our March trip, now I won't have to...

You should have stopped by!!! I can't believe you were here and didn't even stop to say hello. Shame.....

All to often, it is the hanging out scenario, which ceases to be hanging out when some one asks: "Can we call you boyfriend and girlfriend now" (which of course saves helps to ensure that that conversation doesn't have to happen...your on the spot). then you are suddenly dating.

me...I had to work on convincing Lindsay for 2 moths that she should date me. Perseverence pays off...

Well, that's what you hope happens. Then one person is ready to say that's my girl/boy friend, while the other person usually runs scared. They aren't ready, they didn't think it was that serious, they want to date around, there's a million excuses. Like I said previously, you wait until the guy says something, to ensure that the girl is not the one being overly ambitious and moving too fast, and once they have you convinced that they are ready and you say "ok, I'm ready to say you are my boyfriend" that's usually when they bail. Scared, nervous, changed their mind, they weren't really that into it, etc etc. I'm not saying it's every guy, but it's a vast majority of them.

Time and time my friends have told me that in order to find a quality guy I should move to a different area. I can't leave Summit County, so I guess you take the good with the bad. Great place to live, NOT a great place to find a mate.

thanks michelle. After the whole trip, I can't really say that our bowels were moving. Makes me kinda sick thinking back.

I can't imagine. Looked pretty gross to me. I'm surprised you didn't have your stomachs pumped. At least you didn't finish those burgers.

ncermak, the waterfall idea would be kind of creepy if the people didn't actually know each other. Pretty cool otherwise.
I don't know if I would meet a guy, alone, in the middle of the woods. Romantic, YES. Sketchy, YES too.

You should have stopped by!!! I can't believe you were here and didn't even stop to say hello. Shame.....

I promise I'll call when we aren't due to be somewhere else before 5 pm-in this case, Buena Vista....

We left Grand Lake at noon, rehooked up the camper we left in Empire, and motored up the pass and stopped to eat...It was already raining and I had another pass to go....

We already need to go that way again anyway-we missed seeing all those fourteeners on the way-all cloud-topped this time....

No problem, I just wanted to give you a hard time. BV is nice, although nicer when it's not raining. We've been in this weird weather pattern, it usually never rains here and has been raining for 5 days straight! We're all going a bit crazy.

Grand Lake is also nice - I go to dog sledding races there in the winter. Very open landscape.

I was on top of one of the 14ers on Sat, should have waived to you :)

Come by next time through, and we'll have lunch or a drink at the now famous-on-this-thread Tiki Bar.

I was on top of one of the 14ers on Sat, should have waived to you :)

Unfortunately, on Sat, I was RV'ing thru NM......

We mos def need to hit up Tiki Bar.....I'll have to leave the kiddos with my parents, although they shouldn't be that affected by the 3.2 swill sold up there....

Yes, I know they serve real beer in bars......

No problem, I just wanted to give you a hard time. BV is nice, although nicer when it's not raining. We've been in this weird weather pattern, it usually never rains here and has been raining for 5 days straight! We're all going a bit crazy.

I remember it raining every day around 2 in the midsummer(this was the 70's)......I'm hoping the more normal summer monsoon season is returning.....

Now the fact the rain is measurable in inches is heavier than I remember, but I definitely remember 2 pm-4pm being rainy everyday....

Rainy weather doesn't bug me, I'm half-Scot, it's in my genes....

Here is what I've got so far--

Re: the dying hair- that was more of an activity I did with my boyfriend AND you know what... it is one of those "activities" that has potential. For example: you wouldn't want to wear a shirt while your hair is getting dyed because then you might accidentally color it. You also need to stay bent over a sink or hot tub. You also need to take a shower afterwards.

Not saying I did any of that with said person- but it is one of those activities for the more spontaneous couples. I also let him pick the color.

PS- no need to criticize individual items- some are just there to be jokes but feel free to add as always

Date Ideas.doc

the faults are there too...I'm bad with money, I'm overweight, out of shape (unless round is a shape), and Lindsay will tell you that I have no concept of time...

I think you might just be describing me there. Although I'm not necessarily bad with money, I just spend lots of it....on things like new snowboards!

Tonja,

Are we talking just the hair on your head? A trim and a dye-job down below can be a great tandem activity - although probably not on a first date. :rolleyes:

Hey, you know all you other guys were thinking it, I just happened to be the one with the balls to say it. :flamethro