Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

michelle you forgot to answer the most important question... does he have any cute friends? LOL

um yeah, lessee... an irish boy i knew did the marriage thing to get his visa and that turned out poorly... but he was young and stupid...

does the australian consulate have any suggestions for getting their boy in the states legally?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you heard it here first kids!

Michelle is dating Mozman!

Yes....(sigh) you guys guessed it. I'm dating Mozman. You guys!!!! He's already married!

I did spill the beans a little by saying he was Australian, that was a slip up.....but it's true.

And no not stealing Dan away from his fiancee just days before the wedding (March 31st guys!!!).

It's a totally different person, and yes he is a carver.

michelle you forgot to answer the most important question... does he have any cute friends? LOL

Not sure about that yet Aisling, but will definitely check into it if this works out.

No comment on marriage but thanks for the suggestions. STUPID US GOV! They'll let any illegal person in from the south, give them welfare and health care, let them speak Spanish, and even put their kids through school but when someone actually wants to do something besides mooch off of our taxes, it's a big NO NO!

He's not a doctor or nurse, but does have some schooling that might allow him to qualify for an E-3 visa. That's straight from the Aussie web site. He does need to have a job offer before he can apply for it though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I guess we'll just have to keep trying. Just feeling very pessemistic right now.

If you went to the land downunder and got hitched the paperwork would be much quicker.:freak3:

Don't bet on it. I work with an Aussie girl who married a Canadian, and from her experiences, the Australian process is no faster than the Canadian one... and that's diabolically slow. (Mine took 28 months. One of the girls on my roster had time to get married and have 2 kids!)

But I do feel that Michelle might have an "Aussie summer holiday" coming on. Not a whole heap of snow there, but if you can get over the fact that nearly everything will kill you, it's not a bad place for a party. :)

I know that they give 4000 work visas a year to Aussies to come and work in Canada. He could get a job in Alberta, you'd have to move to Montana, but you could commute across the border on weekends...

Mine took 28 months.
Did you marry an Aussie?
I know that they give 4000 work visas a year to Aussies to come and work in Canada. He could get a job in Alberta, you'd have to move to Montana, but you could commute across the border on weekends...
He's already got one of those for Canada. That's where he is now, which is the only reason there is a sliver of hope. But it's a $400 plane ticket or an 18 hour drive each time.....a bit much. We want to be closer, like actually IN Summit County??? Don't know how well it's going to work being that long distance. Doesn't really give us a chance to REALLY know each other, besides vacation status.

Moving to Montana/Spokane would mean I'd have to quit Bomber. How can I leave you guys?? :1luvu:

It's a totally different person, and yes he is a carver.

A fellow carver?? Is he a BOL member if so, what is his screen name?? We need to interrogate him to see if he is indeed a good guy!! What kind of board? bindings?? They better be TD2s!! What angles? goofy or regular?/

Ya know, all the important stuff!!!

Moving to Montana/Spokane would mean I'd have to quit Bomber. How can I leave you guys?? :1luvu:

YOu can't thats how. I know the allure of a satisfying and meaningful relationship may sound good right now. But we have been for you Michelle and there is no need to just jump ship and head for that god forsaken country up north. I hear they get too much snow anyway. And what good is that.

:biggthump

Good god no, all my friends would disown me. No, the 28 months was just to get residency. I hear it's down to about 14 months now, though.

Tough call, Mich. Hope you guys can make it work.

Totally misunderstood, I don't think you are talking about a marriage type thing at all. I think you mean you just went to live there, or something of the sort.

Anyway, thanks for the good wishes. We really need them!

A fellow carver?? Is he a BOL member if so, what is his screen name?? We need to interrogate him to see if he is indeed a good guy!! What kind of board? bindings?? They better be TD2s!! What angles? goofy or regular?/

Ya know, all the important stuff!!!

Nope, not telling. Certainly not letting you guys get a hold of him!
YOu can't thats how. I know the allure of a satisfying and meaningful relationship may sound good right now. But we have been for you Michelle and there is no need to just jump ship and head for that god forsaken country up north. I hear they get too much snow anyway. And what good is that.

:biggthump

You guys have been so good to me (snif) I couldn't leave, ever, not even for a great guy. You wouldn't see my smiling face at the SES (snif) and no one would get their Bomber goodies in their stockings at Xmas......

AHa!!! Just saw on the other message board that there is a fairly new member from Sydney, Australia. HIs screen name is "Fat Old Bastard" could this be him???? Do tell!!!

Congrats on finding someone Michelle, I hope things work out with Immigration so you can spend some quality time together, rather than the occasional long weekend visits.

Aaron

You guys are really funny. It doesn't matter who he is, it just matters that he is a good person, he treats me very well, and he makes me happy. Just pretend you don't know he's a carver, and try to think about the situation objectively.

But definitely thanks for the well wishes Aaron. Long weekend visits are not even an option right now, but maybe soon. I also hope I can report a happy future to this story!:biggthump

Bluebird???

I wish I could say yes to this, I'm a Boonesfarm type of guy and I think Michelle deserves a Silver Oak man.

Although, when the roads finally get clean I will start coming over to Summit and checking if Mr. World is working out or not. (I need to use my street bike, my truck really shouldn't leave the valley I live in).

Nope, not telling. Certainly not letting you guys get a hold of him!

You guys have been so good to me (snif) I couldn't leave, ever, not even for a great guy. You wouldn't see my smiling face at the SES (snif) and no one would get their Bomber goodies in their stockings at Xmas......

We all love what to do for us:)

But I will sell information to the highest bidder.....

Look for it on Ebay...And I might have pictures from aspen..LOL.

On second thought....The pictures could work against me.

I know nothing. saw nothing. heard nothing.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

We all love what to do for us:)

But I will sell information to the highest bidder.....

Look for it on Ebay...And I might have pictures from aspen..LOL.

On second thought....The pictures could work against me.

I know nothing. saw nothing. heard nothing.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Don't forget Paulk, I have information too :rolleyes:

I wish I could say yes to this, I'm a Boonesfarm type of guy and I think Michelle deserves a Silver Oak man.

I'm taking this as a compliment?? Hey, come out and check up on me and reveal your identity.....But only if you give me a ride on your bike !!! I'm not sure you'll find positive results from this situation, but who knows what the future holds? A girl can dream, right?

Well, after thinking everything was going great after 3 1/2 years of dating a great guy, my roommates move out and he asks to move in. Life couldn't be better. Except the move in date comes and goes, and he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to make things happen. What gives?

He turns up on the weekend and informs me that after much thought, he's decided that he really wants to be a dad, and if he moves in with me, it's not going to happen (I don't want kids, and told him so very early in the relationship). So 3 1/2 years implodes in about an hour.

Way to wreck a weekend.

And to make matters worse, I've destroyed the house on the assumption that he was moving in, and we were going to live downstairs while I renovated the upper floor. So now I'm faced with finding a roommate, and having to try and finish the renos while studying for exams and looking for a new job. The timing of all this just sucks.

:freak3:

Don't forget Paulk, I have information too :rolleyes:

I'm taking this as a compliment?? Hey, come out and check up on me and reveal your identity.....But only if you give me a ride on your bike !!! I'm not sure you'll find positive results from this situation, but who knows what the future holds? A girl can dream, right?

Try a Silver Oak wine sometime, you won't be disappointed.

If I let you ride my bike I am afraid that you might ride it better than I do. I'll come by in May/June and we'll go for a spin. If you prefer I'll bring the off road bike and we can have some real fun.

Be sure to keep the dreams alive and go big!!

Well, after thinking everything was going great after 3 1/2 years of dating a great guy, my roommates move out and he asks to move in. Life couldn't be better. Except the move in date comes and goes, and he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to make things happen. What gives?

He turns up on the weekend and informs me that after much thought, he's decided that he really wants to be a dad, and if he moves in with me, it's not going to happen (I don't want kids, and told him so very early in the relationship). So 3 1/2 years implodes in about an hour.

Way to wreck a weekend.

And to make matters worse, I've destroyed the house on the assumption that he was moving in, and we were going to live downstairs while I renovated the upper floor. So now I'm faced with finding a roommate, and having to try and finish the renos while studying for exams and looking for a new job. The timing of all this just sucks.

:freak3:

ouch. that's all i can say to that.

Sorry, Allee. If that's how he really felt, it was the right choice for him but you'd think he would have sorted that out much earlier.

I'm over the crying thing (that was yesterday) and moving on to the anger thing today. You'd think, wouldn't you? Especially as I tried on a number of occasions to bring the subject up, and all I got was "I don't really want to discuss it". :smashfrea

I came pretty close a number of times to calling it off over just this issue, but we got on so well that I convinced myself that he was in no doubt as to how I felt, and if he couldn't live with it he wouldn't stay. Well, guess we at least sorted that out.

I should count my blessings. At least I didn't do anything really dumb like asking him to marry me, because it would be a tad embarrassing to be turned down. Or worse still, had him go through with it and decide this five years down the track ...

As one of my friends said to me when I emailed her - stick with the dogs, they don't **** on you, only on the carpet. :) She's full of great advice!

Get him to babysit a bunch of hyperactive 3-5 year old boys -- with only one of each type of toy, of course -- for an entire day and then ask if he still wants to have kids.

Waaaaaay too many people decide whether or not to have kids based on their experience with kids when the kids were at their best. Big mistake. The way I see it, a person who can't handle kids when the kids are at their worst shouldn't have kids at all, since they're almost certain to have to handle kids at their worst at some point. That's why I don't want kids. Yes, I realize they could always hand the kids off to someone else when the kids are at their worst, but that's not always an option and I question if that's good parenting, since it can get out of hand very easily. Convenience is a very addictive drug.

I'm not saying that your guy is that kind of person. I'm just making a comment on the topic. I hope I don't end starting a war. :)

Yikes !! :eek::eek: Ouch indeed. I may be able to help with the roommate thing, but not until June or I find a job, whichever comes first.

I believe the universe is all about balance. Bad things happening means good things will happen later on. As much as what happened on the weekend sucked, something equally good will happen in the future. :)

'later...