Note to New Members ×

got my boards back!

D-Sub

unbelievable!

apparently the cops were investigating a meth deal that turned into armed robbery (guy attempting to buy got $2k, his gun, and his truck stolen and called the cops. the nerve!) and when they entered the location one of em noticed some snowboards that looked familiar. I had given them a picture...helped a LOT

so...amazingly enough...yup! Bindings on the soft setup were gone..probably sold em or somethin, but I got the coiler back!

even if it was incidental, I shook the cops hand. definitely grateful

a big THANK YOU to those who wanted to help (Fin, Dryer, Tovino...) it is truly appreciated and will not be forgotten!

oh ad a big giant you know what to the jerks who thought it was funny and tried to invoke "Karma" which they obviously know nothing about. some people really are just...well...leave it at that.

Originally posted by Flounder

CMC behind bars! At last!!

:D

heh. nah..he'd just flap his arms like he does when riding and would break the bars of a jail in an instant!

and nekdut...aww man...thats just NEVER gonna go away, huh:)

funny part is..now I get to put the Prior WCR side by side with the coiler, see which one likes me better.

anyway...I knew you guys would be glad to hear it. Im sure its rare to get stolen property back

those metheads should be shot.

glad you got 'em back.

btw, thanks for the paddings. those pad works on my shin and haven't had shin bangs since ive been skiing. :)

Oh yea, anybody who owns UPZ boots notice wear and tear on those DIN area ? Its showing up on mine. Will post on it later.

I dont think that has anything to do with me. In fact I doubt the people who had my boards were the ones that stole them! I think they were dealers, and someone brought the boards as payment

charges for other crimes are being pursued, and possession of stolen goods will probably be one of them

if I was asked, I would definitely press charges.

That must be a good feeling to get your board back. Congrats. The b@stards did you a favor by getting rid of those soft bindings for you though.

On a side note, I'd rather be "flapping my arms" than falling on my @ss on my heelsides...just my opinion.

Guest Randy S.

Awesome news Dave.

Here's the part I didn't get from the story. Who had the boards, the guys who stole the $2K, gun and truck, or the guy whose stuff was stolen who then called the cops? Either way its cool, but if the guy who got robbed had the stolen stuff when the cops came to take the report, its total Karma and really hilarious.

Your hunch was right in the other thread. Meth heads. Time to get out of Bend and move to Tahoe! I was there yesterday cleaning out the cabin and there's still tons of snow.

Originally posted by Erik J

That must be a good feeling to get your board back. Congrats. The b@stards did you a favor by getting rid of those soft bindings for you though.

On a side note, I'd rather be "flapping my arms" than falling on my @ss on my heelsides...just my opinion.

heh. a cmc fan, eh?

I dont fall on my ass on heelsides all the time. ask anyone thats ridden with me. and I certainly would never wish this sort of crap on anyone, or celebrate it when it happened

as for the bindings...well...horses for courses. didnt like the tomcats much tho.

Originally posted by Randy S.

Awesome news Dave.

Here's the part I didn't get from the story. Who had the boards, the guys who stole the $2K, gun and truck, or the guy whose stuff was stolen who then called the cops? Either way its cool, but if the guy who got robbed had the stolen stuff when the cops came to take the report, its total Karma and really hilarious.

Your hunch was right in the other thread. Meth heads. Time to get out of Bend and move to Tahoe! I was there yesterday cleaning out the cabin and there's still tons of snow.

randy. the boards were in the dealer's possession. the dude that was gonna make a buy got robbed of his stuff, called the cops, and they found my boards when investigating

once its all closed Ill get the police and court reports, just out of curiosity

oh..and...moving...

to be honest...I dont really want to stay here, even though I realize I havent been here long enough to give it a fair shot, BUT...my girl is scheduled to start school in July, so the decision to move would be more than just that

Congrats Dave. That is "Most Excellent" Dude!

Now we can call you "Lucky" or

or we can call you "Meth Board"

Or , we can call you "Lucky D-Sub"

or we can call you "Lucky Lime-Light"

JUST DON'T call me "LATE" to the mountain , now that I have a Coiler Custom AND a Prior WCR.

PS> Don't sell the Prior yet!!! Right??

Good deal there Bro! Happy to see it returned.

That was just too evil to happen to alpine rider that

had waited so long to get a nice ride. Excellent Day Indeed!!

NO GO RIDE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-sub, that is great news, must be all that wonderful posting karma paying you back.

Nekdut, you're killing me. I forgot all about that till you brought it up. It got a chuckle out of me.

Dave, you might want to post this on Catek too, I am sure those boys will be just as excited as all the fellow carvers here.