Note to New Members ×

Donek Rev 163 VS. Kessler Alpine 162 ??

barryj

Not being able to get an SL turn shape out of an SL board points to technique deficiencies. I have trouble with this too. The sidecut don't matter as anyone with good enough technique will be banging SL turns out even on an SL board with 11.5-13m sidecut. Not the right movements at the right intensity at the right time. Gets worse as the pitch steepens and snow hardness increases....

I mean most people who aren't racing don't care and are happy to just use an SL board as a glorified freecarver.

Channel your inner Type A asshole racer monkey.

1 hour ago, Odd Job said:

SL turn shape

Hey OJ,

Not sure what your referring to........No problems here getting SL turns out of my Rev 163 8.5 -12.5 scr 

This treasure hunt is based on, I'd like to see if a 7scr on same make/model/stiffness will produce even tighter SL turns.....

On 2/22/2022 at 8:48 PM, barryj said:

My 225lbs. can easily make the current Rev do a variety of turn shapes, not just slalom race turns .....shouldn't that be the case with the Kessler 162  also..............or is the K that much stiffer?? 

Sorry I misread that. `not just` vs `just not`

12 hours ago, barryj said:

This treasure hunt is based on, I'd like to see if a 7scr on same make/model/stiffness will produce even tighter SL turns.....

Simply based on the geometry of the board it will turn tighter when all other variables are the same. Problem is you probably won’t perceive a significant change because the sidecut radius change is nearly insignificant. If you want to bend your boards tighter using the same edge angle/technique, etc. go to a dive shop and buy a weight belt. Strapping 50lbs of lead around your waist will significantly bend the board more, all other things  being equal. 

Flexed Board =f(board, rider, board/rider interaction with surface)

Side cut difference is insignificant and nothing else changed

Rider technique is same

Surface is same

So without changing technique you are limited to changing the rider input variables your mass.

20 hours ago, Jack M said:

Weird, just the other day I emailed Hansjuerg Kessler looking for a 175 women's GS for my athlete and he emailed right back with several options.  He has been great to deal with on my two customs as well.

Same.  My board specs came direct from Hansjuerg himself, for a board I bought used from a rental shop.  Also when the board was damaged by a skier that nearly collided with me,  Hansjuerg replied personally (after I sent photos) confirming that it was just superficial damage.  The board has held together just fine despite considerable battle damage.

My f2 163 proto complements my Kessler 168 very nicely.. 

They feel the same as the build feel. Smooth, but the F2 163 turns tightly shorter. They both rail.. Easy transition when I switch back and forth during the day.. I can't tell if they are both Kessler or both F2.. 

I'm extremely glad I picked up the proto. It's stiffer but needs to be as you can push the crap out of it.. 

My new virus 166 is silly good as well.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shred Gruumer said:

My f2 163 proto complements my Kessler 168 very nicely.. 

They feel the same as the build feel. Smooth, but the F2 163 turns tightly shorter. They both rail.. Easy transition when I switch back and forth during the day.. I can't tell if they are both Kessler or both F2.. 

I'm extremely glad I picked up the proto. It's stiffer but needs to be as you can push the crap out of it.. 

My new virus 166 is silly good as well.. 

Which do you like best in hard conditions, Virus or F2?